Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Help With Port Forwarding - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With Port Forwarding (6577 Views)

Host Your Domain Email At Gmail (without Forwarding) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Port Forwarding by saintade01(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2011
Hi GURUS.

PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH FORWARDING PORTS FROM MY ROUTER TO CCTV DVR.

I NEED TO WATCH MY CCTV OVER THE INTERNET. BUT I CANT SAYING THE PORTS IS NOT OPEN.

HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS OR A FRESH CONFIGURATION OF HOW I CAN WATCH MY CCTV OVER THE INTERNET.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by codeb(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2011
Forwarding port with multimedia capabilities require tcp protocols with real video streaming like CTIQBE on port 2748,MGCP on 2427,2727,H.323 on 1718, SCCP,RTSP. These are ports to be open on your router for real video streaming. Does your router have the capability?
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by saintade01(m): 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
Well haven't heard about this. But I am using Linksys WRT160Nv3

DVR - QT4 series from QSEE.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by saintade01(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
I actually tried something out according to how it is in manual, but whenever i enterd the external IP gotten from www.whatismyip.com, what i see is the modem (i.e. MTN customer login page cos thats my ISP).

Don't know if i am to do the port forwarding too in modem and to which ip?, this is really driving me crazy! undecided
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by codeb(m): 5:21am On Nov 16, 2011
For a wireless router like linksys goto basic setup to set the ip address to static, disable dhcp. Select Port range forwarding or single port forwarding to add real time streaming ports in the Firewall tab of Security menu. Most of these ports are blocked by defaults.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by saintade01(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2011
OK thanks Codec will go try that out. BUt do i need to also do port-forwarding in the internet modem too
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by codeb(m): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
what modem device do you have on your network?

Few modems with sophiscated IOS does port forwarding due to its routing capabilities otherwise you need not port forward on your modem.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by codeb(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
@saintade01, I have corrected my earlier post.

For a wireless router like linksys goto basic setup to set the ip address to static, disable dhcp. Select Port range forwarding or single port forwarding to add real time streaming ports in the Application and Gaming menu. Most of these ports are blocked by defaults.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by saintade01(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2011
thanks for your time Codeb.

But the problem now is that i can see port 80 on the internet modem and i have that too on the DVR
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by Saddam: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2011
@codeb

He needs solution and not all these grammer,

Bro Holla me I will tell you wht to do. Its simple
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by Saddam: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2011
Small thinz

Beep me I will help you
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by Saddam: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2011
DVR - QT4 series from QSEE.

Its their 4Port DVR

I have similar setup, See Image attached

Re: Help With Port Forwarding by jimctu: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
This site has walkthroughs to portforward hundreds of routers. Didn't checked if your router is listed there
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

[img]http://s03.flagcounter.com/mini/FMv/bg_FFFFFF/txt_FFFFFF/border_FFFFFF/flags_1/border="0".jpg[/img]
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by saintade01(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2011
THANKS Y'ALL, IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

I CAN VIEW IT EVERYWHERE.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by thomas16: 10:45pm On May 08, 2012
SaintAde, please kindly share with me how you were able to resolve this problem. I have tried with a Swiftnetworks modem and MTN with no luck. I have called their support line for assistance on forward some ports for my DVR. I will appreciate your kind gesture. Thomas
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by dhalizm: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
saintade01:
THANKS Y'ALL, IT HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

I CAN VIEW IT EVERYWHERE.

How did you resolve this? Im currently having challenges with setting this up. I will appreciate if you can contact me, I sent you a private message.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by dhalizm: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
thomas16:
SaintAde, please kindly share with me how you were able to resolve this problem. I have tried with a Swiftnetworks modem and MTN with no luck. I have called their support line for assistance on forward some ports for my DVR. I will appreciate your kind gesture. Thomas

Mine is swift as well. Did you finally get to resolve it? Can you share please.
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by kingsleyuk2003(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
For those who want to know. You don't need to go thru the stress of port forwarding. If your DVR has an ethernet port and can be connected to a router, then you are good to go. I don't know the app that your dvr supports, but as for mine, the DVR supports xmeye app, which you can download from google play. With this application, you can register on their cloud platform. Then login with the credentials. After that you can add devices by scanning the barcode on the DVR, or search for the DVR, if your phone is on thesame network. Then you can view real-time video from any part of the world so long as the DVR is connected to the internet and you have data on your phone. Thanks. Incase you still need help on security installation, contact me on 08030412562. Name: Kingsley. CEO KinSolve Solutions. Thanks
Re: Help With Port Forwarding by emcikay: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
saintade01:
I actually tried something out according to how it is in manual, but whenever i enterd the external IP gotten from www.whatismyip.com, what i see is the modem (i.e. MTN customer login page cos thats my ISP).

Don't know if i am to do the port forwarding too in modem and to which ip?, this is really driving me crazy! undecided

Get a router, tplink or anyone of your choice and connect it to the mtn modem. You have to forward ports on both the router and the modem or better still put the mtn modem in bridge mode so that Nat and dhcp will be done by the router.

(1) (Reply)

Dell Latitude E7250 Core I5 UK Used / Amazing Windows 7 / How To Get Wireless Internet Access On A Laptop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.