Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Water Boy Chapter Two : Money Bag - Written By Rihanne Maya - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Water Boy Chapter Two : Money Bag - Written By Rihanne Maya (130 Views)

Water Boy Chapter One : Ocean Wealth -written By Rihanne Maya / The Witch King: Legend Of The Flute HORROR CHAPTER TWO UPDATE / My Boss Is An Ass Chapter Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Water Boy Chapter Two : Money Bag - Written By Rihanne Maya by Dailygroove: 4:20am On Mar 21
WATER BOY

CHAPTER TWO

Money Bag

My dad greedily hid the pouch of the glittering diamond stones under the pillow before he could open the door.

"I'm right behind the door." He would call as he approached the hinge of the door. He turned to scan the bed one more time to confirm the precious stones were not revealing.

"Sweetheart!" Mum welcomed my dad with a romantic hug and a kiss," How did it go? You told me you were going on a business trip. " Mum asked.

"Oh yes,darling it was cool," Dad replied scratching the scalp of his head,"Matter of fact I now have a new business partner. My business will start making rounds soon in the stock and sales market. " Dad explained.

"This is unbelievable. Are you kidding me?" Mum replied in disbelief.

"Babes you know what? I want you to go to mummy Debbie's store," He grinned at my mum," Take whatever we will need for dinner tonight. I will be right behind you to pay the money. "He said.

"My love,you know we are owing her a lot of money already. I do not want to add to our multiple debts on her list. "Mum retorted.

"Okay this is what will happen,let's go together then. Go and take your shopping bag let me change quickly. " My dad said.

"Ok dear. " Mum replied and walked straight into the kitchen to get a shopping bag.

Dad then grabbed the pouch of diamonds stones and followed my mother to mummy Debbie's store. He later left there for a diamond professional.

The diamond buyer Mr Ikenta bargained with my dad to purchase the hundred pieces of raw diamond stones for a million naira. But before then,he had to authenticate the stones with a refractive index meter (diamond tester) made for diamond jewelries and other valuable or precious gems.

He took out the first diamond stone out of the pouch to be authenticated.

"I have to check the stone's authenticity before considering buying them. " Ikenta said to my dad. "These days there are lots of looters selling fake diamonds stones in the stock market. "

After he had completely checked and confirmed the stones eligibility,he arrived at giving my dad a million naira for the hundred pieces of diamond stones or my dad would return home with them. My dad bargained with him some more and finally agreed to sell them for a million naira.

Ikenta brought a bag full of money and handed it over to my dad. The total amount in the bag was five hundred thousand naira,for a pouch of diamonds worth over six hundred million naira. My dad was very happy that he was able to obtain something from the precious stones. However,Ikenta was the one who actually profited from their transaction,with the profit of five hundred and nineteen nine million, five hundred plus.

" I'm now a rich man. I have always wished for a day like today to come," Ikenta hopped severally, with the coin pouch of diamonds jiggling in his hand. The happiness was going to drive him stark raving mad. "Township,here I come. " He rushed into his shop and started locking off. He opted for a scientific calculator and output some random figures on the calculator. Shortly, some unbelievable figures displayed on the screen.

"NGN 618,725,353.54(Six hundred and eighteen million,seven hundred and twenty five thousand,three hundred and fifty three naira). " He hopped uncontrollably almost gasping for air as he had just ran out of breath due to the overpowering happiness. And in truth, everybody would be stark raving mad at this point.

Ikenta quickly locked his shop and ran to his house. He hauled out all his luggages into a public bus and started off, relocating to the city. But something mysterious happened on his way. The public transportation bus was flagged down by a group of unknown young men who pretended to be going to the city,but it all happened they were robbers. Another mystery bolted when the robbers opted for Mr Ikenta with guns on the bus of about thirty people. He was the only one that was robbed. The robbers snatched the diamond pouch from him and ran away into the bush without hurting anyone.

Read more from our website address under my profile or visit and follow the writer on facebook.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Script Writing /screenplay / I'm Available For Your Writing Works / Looking For Book Marketing Agency, Can You Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.