Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,907 members, 7,810,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO (15080 Views)

Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin / Man Who Defied Lockdown Order Slaps Soldier For Punishing Him (Video) / Agberos Beat Soldier For Protesting The Bashing Of His Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by OgaDeyVex: 6:11am On Mar 22
A Soldier Identified As Suleiman Sidiq has been arrested for stabbing a policeman in Kwara State.

This was disclosed by the spokesperson for the Kwara State Police Command, Ejire-Adeyemi Toun, in a statement on Thursday.

Ejire-Adeyemi said although the man was brought to the police station on Thursday to settle a complaint, he stabbed Divisional Police Officer Marufu Keji while under the influence of a suspected intoxicating substance.

“On March 20, 2024, at about 1720 hours, a report was received from one PTE, Suleiman Sidiq, a soldier serving at Sector 3 Garrison, Mongunu, Maiduguri, regarding a case of mischief in the Sinawu Town area of Ilesha-Baruba Kwara State.

“During the investigation, it was discovered that the case stemmed from a land dispute. The parties involved were warned to maintain peace and return the following day, March 21, 2024, for further resolution.

“However, the situation took a violent turn when the complainant, Suleiman Sidiq, who was under the influence of intoxicating substances, became so unruly. All efforts and persuasion to calm him down proved abortive; he attacked the Divisional Crime Officer, ASP Okeowo Joel, in the course of intervention by the Divisional Police Officer, DSP Marufu Keji; Suleiman Sidiq brought out a jack knife and inflicted severe injury on the head and stabbed the left hand of the DPO,” she said.

She noted that Sidiq escaped from the station by scaling the fence.

She added that policemen later caught up with him, and he was taken into custody, adding that the injured cop is currently receiving medical attention.

Source: https://punchng.com/police-arrest-soldier-for-stabbing-kwara-dpo/?amp

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by OgaDeyVex: 6:12am On Mar 22
Have You Seen The Reason Why Oga Dey Vex

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by cjoni: 6:12am On Mar 22
Please we are tired of bad news. We need good news from Nigeria
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Administration1: 6:13am On Mar 22
Hggg
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by OgaDeyVex: 6:15am On Mar 22
cjoni:
I pray this will not cause problem

Only God Almighty Will Surly Help Us Out ooo
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by GOFRONT(m): 6:54am On Mar 22
Breeze go blow, these soldiers yansh go open. I hear say the 16 soldiers killed been the work for Tompolo

26 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by STEWpid(f): 7:41am On Mar 22
Chai..

Naijay-Area,,

Esprit de corp has been murdered!

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by inoki247: 8:28am On Mar 22
Lol wahala no too much like this....
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by slaawomirr: 8:28am On Mar 22
Damnnn niggar

Soldiers always misbehaving this days

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by MaziObinnaokija: 8:28am On Mar 22
sad
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Fatbam005: 8:29am On Mar 22
Trap Don catch wetin big Dan it.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by meum: 8:29am On Mar 22
I want talk wetin Dey my mind but I no go talk am
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Fatbam005: 8:29am On Mar 22
Hunter trap way catch king for leg. Much problem

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by tiswell(m): 8:30am On Mar 22
Police should quickly raze and besiege the nearest ar..my barr..ack until the rest of the accomplices are arrested

I don't support injustice!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Dollarremix(m): 8:30am On Mar 22
Problem no dey finish.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by callmevirus(m): 8:31am On Mar 22
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Donaldoni: 8:33am On Mar 22
Thank God for democracy
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Atheistan: 8:33am On Mar 22
Hmm
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Fixforkills: 8:33am On Mar 22
grin
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by id4sho(m): 8:34am On Mar 22
tongue
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Promismike(m): 8:34am On Mar 22
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by AntiChristian: 8:36am On Mar 22
More reason why Allah forbids intoxicants in the Qur'an!

Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, AlAnsab, and Al-Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitans (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

Shaytaan (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from As-Salat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?”
[al-Maa’idah 5:90-91].

Say no to intoxicants whether 0.5%, 1%, 2%,...Alcohol, Clara, Weed, Fentanyl, Cocaine, Skunk, Mkpurummiri, Heroine, Indian hemp, beer, stout, dried lizard shit, Soak away stench, decomposed urine, codeine, etc. !

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by KayCee92(m): 8:37am On Mar 22
I hope the police will not let this go unpunished.
They should investigate and do the necessary to that soldier if found wanting. Nobi only soldiers lives matter. Police lives matter to.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by naijapikin2(m): 8:39am On Mar 22
As far as am concerned, it's a case of dog eat dog. 😎
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Okpokpo09: 8:40am On Mar 22
Nigeria will never be beta under tinubu regime. Nothing good will come out of it

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:40am On Mar 22
It will not cause any problems unless he is killed by the police. The Army does not support Soldiers that act on their own and commits a crime.
cjoni:
Please we are tired of bad news. We need good news from Nigeria

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/FM4836GkcZJaeaHj8
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by santaclaws: 8:46am On Mar 22
I think they need to give our military recruits better training and remind them that they're not above the law... The moment some of them get that uniform, they start misbehaving... Even the police are like that towards civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by NairalandGOAT1: 8:52am On Mar 22
tiswell:
Police should quickly raze and besiege the nearest ar..my barr..ack until the rest of the accomplices are arrested

I don't support injustice!

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by tnerro1(m): 8:52am On Mar 22
Post him to sambisa forest to go and test his skills with his mates aka boko boys
Re: Police Arrest Soldier For Stabbing Kwara DPO by Ivimmanuel: 8:53am On Mar 22
GOFRONT:
Breeze go blow, these soldiers yansh go open. I hear say the 16 soldiers killed been the work for Tompolo
e fit be true. In most cases where they're killed like that, they involve in Shaddy deals against the people they are supposed to protect, the part we never get to hear but the indigenes know.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Hospital, Kill Two, Abduct Doctor, Many Others In Niger / Youths Attacked Our Station - Rivers State Police On Alleged Killing Of Citizen / NSCDC Nabs 29-year-old For Defiling Four-year-old In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.