Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Ramadaan: Preparation For The Last Ten Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ramadaan: Preparation For The Last Ten Days (65 Views)

Daily Prayer Devotional For Rapture Preparation [ Pray To Prepare ] / Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice / Preparation Of Powerful Charms With Live Chameleon In My Shrine [Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ramadaan: Preparation For The Last Ten Days by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:31am On Mar 22
Assalaam Alaekum wa Rrahmatullah wa Barakatuh

PREPARATION FOR THE LAST TEN DAYS OF RAMADAN

● Alihamdulillaahi Robili aalameen for Allah's grace on us as potential witnesses of the last ten days and nights of Ramadan which will commence in a week to this day. Today, we shall have a reflection on the last ten days and nights of Ramadan.

●The last 10 days of Ramadan are the most blessed that necessitates increase in our Worship and Devotion:
"Allah's Messenger used to exert himself in devotion during the last ten nights to a greater extent than at any other time." (Muslim). 

●Aisha (Ra) reported: With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. work harder) and used to pray the whole night,and used to keep his family awake for the prayers.(Bukhari).Therefore,
we shall highlight 4 or more Ibadat expected to be observed by a practising Muslim in the aforementioned days and nights based on the knowledge of the Holy Quran and Hadith.

●I'TIKAAF : The Observance of I'tikaaf is one of the Ibadat that falls within the period of discourse.I'tikaaf is to seclude oneself in a Jumat Mosque,with the express intention (Niyyah) for doing so,in the last ten days of Ramadan. Rosulullaha admonished us to undergo this Ibadat: "Whosoever performs I'tikaaf for a day(thereby seeking the pleasure of Allah), Allah will spread three trenches between him and the fire of hell,the width of each trench being greater than the distance between heaven and the Earth."[Bukhari]
●In another tradition:" The person performing I'tikaaf remains free from sins,and he is indeed given the same reward as for those who do righteous deeds(in spite of not having done these deeds) as a result of having been secluded in the Masjid"[Muslim].

●LAYLATUL QADRI:The
Night of Majesty known as Laylatul Qadri is another Ibadat of the last ten nights of Ramadan.The Holy Quran describes it as being greater in blessings and spiritual values than a thousand months,that is,83 years and 4 months(Qur'an Chapter 97,Verses 1 to 5).A tradition of the Holy Prophet Muhammad was reported thus:"A month has verily dawned over you wherein lies a night better than a thousand months. Whoever misses such a night has indeed been deprived of all that is good;and none is deprived of it,except he who is really unfortunate."
It was reported that the odd number nights of Ramadan and most especially the 27th night are likely nights of Ramadan.It was also reported that Rosullaha recommended this prayer for the Night of Majesty: ALLAHUMMA INNAKA AFUWWUN TUHIBUL AFUWA
FA 'AFU ANNIY
●Rosulullaha admonished further:"Whosoever stands in prayer and worships on the night of Power, with complete faith and with sincere hope of gaining reward, all his previous sins are forgiven."[Bukhari]

●UMRAH:Another Ibadat
commonly performed in the last ten days and nights of Ramadan is UMRAH(Lesser Hajj).Performing Umrah in Ramadan carries immense values and religious obligations."When Ramadan comes, do Umrah as the reward for it is equivalent to Hajj."[Bukhari].Abu Dawood reported that the Holy Prophet Muhammad said: "Perform Umrah in Ramadan,as it is equal to Hajj.".However,Muslim Scholars and Jurists cautioned us on this Hadith that Umrah done during Ramadan cannot be a SUBSTITUTE for the obligatory HAJJ meaning they are equal in reward,but the former does not replace the latter as a fulfillment of the obligation(this is unanimously agreed by the scholars).In another tradition:Rosulullaha ordered Aisha" to perform Umrah,its reward is according to your efforts."
[Muslim].

Happy Jumaat, Happy Weekend, Ramadan Kareem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kcee Limpopo Receives Episcopal Blessings Video And Photos / If The Holy Ghost Na Mortal Man, I Bet; 'his Genres Of Music Will Be... / Dream Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.