Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy (19071 Views)

Naira Marley: I Don't Do Drugs, I Just Smoke Weed / Patoranking Encourages His Colleagues To Do Giveaways For People Offline / Naira Marley Accuses Tunde Ednut Of Taking Money From Yahoo Boys For Giveaways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Dayvidoo: 11:05am On Mar 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6BrNDBXX58?si=pEMkcYK9rtcfZ4ek

Grammy Award winner, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu professionally known as Burna Boy discloses why he doesn’t do giveaways online.

During an Instagram live session with his fans and followers, Burna Boy said that he sees engaging in giveaways online as clout chasing.

However, the singer, Burna Boy made this assertion while revealing his plans of flying back to Nigeria from Paris in his private jet accompanied by his family and crew members.

Unlike his colleagues, Davido, Don Jazzy and others who always engage in doing giveaways online, Burna Boy expressed his opposition to such practices.

According to him, engaging in giveaway online is not his thing because people on Instagram and social media are not the people that really matters.
Speaking further, Burna Boy said people who deserve giveaways are not online, they don’t even know what is called Instagram

In his words; “I don’t like all these Instagram giveaways, I do giveaway to places that really matters, to people that really need it and most of them aren’t on the internet.”

Source: Lindaikejiblogofficial

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Dayvidoo: 11:06am On Mar 22
Well, we've heard his perspective on the matter. What about you?

Nairalanders, let's comment

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Boogyman557: 11:07am On Mar 22
Holly Gram cool I have known burna boy since way back in P.H before he became a super star..

We use to hang out at Akim the Beat studio at RUKPOKWU, along side timaya but timaya then was kind of big in the street..

Burna boy stingy well well.

The guy no de gree share WEED!

Not after he left the hood and travel out of the KUNTRY..

Although he is correct on dis one.

As for me. I de ASHAWO house like dis. Rain fall and weather cold.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Idiab: 11:10am On Mar 22
Na em life. He choses how to live it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Coolestguy2023: 11:12am On Mar 22
Burna Boy is correct, the number of f00lish people on instagram is unprecedented. It's better he uses his money to clean his ass after using the toilet than to give all those dunch of lunatics and clowns on Instagram

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by thesicilian: 11:14am On Mar 22
It's true. Most of the people that really need give aways do not have access to the internet

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Seunpapa65: 11:29am On Mar 22
Your money your choice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by bestman09(m): 11:30am On Mar 22
cheesy
Whatever he deems best. Hope he is not a stingy man sha

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by inoki247: 11:30am On Mar 22
Lol your money and how you choose to spend it that's your problem....

Doz Giveaway you call clout have helped some people not to give up on life imagine someone who's depressed and needs Schl fees and a celebrity pays the schl fees wether na clout or not at least somebody as been helped....

This same Giveaway you call clout Alot of people av been empowered through it...

People might be doing too much asking for giveaway buh our own is still better that is Giveaway our people are hunting and asking for not like Indians that hunt for nudes up nd down all over the Internet like a daily bread.....

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by SoNature(m): 11:30am On Mar 22
God forgive me, but I don't like Burna Boy one bit! Sometimes, I wonder what he sings that makes people go gaga over him! To cap it all, he's a stingy, egoistic person like WizKid.

On the flip side, may God bless Davido, a giver from a privileged family who doesn't allow his background affect the way he relates with people!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by ImoleNaija: 11:31am On Mar 22
I no blame him. Some people have turned online giveaways to their source of income.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by 3kay945(m): 11:31am On Mar 22
Coolestguy2023:
Burna Boy is correct, the number of f00lish people on instagram is unprecedented. It's better he uses his money to clean his ass after using the toilet than to give all those dunch of lunatics and clowns on Instagram

Someone don offend you on Instagram? grin
Cos, these your words strong o cool

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by CountinBlessins(m): 11:31am On Mar 22
Who asked you ?
Chief obinna? Who asked you? All these corner bam kpomo men go dey talk excess everytime

The number 6 comes before the number 7 for a reason cool

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Sonnobax15(m): 11:31am On Mar 22
lipsrsealed
In a simple term--"he meant he doesn't like doing all these show-biz that his colleagues in the industry loves doing....

I respect him for that...It means he's very matured...

7 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by kcdendelo: 11:31am On Mar 22
He is talking rubbish
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Atarakpa: 11:32am On Mar 22
Story
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Cantonese: 11:32am On Mar 22
Oya do as you like as long as you are able to do.

We no see, who no gear who you give. Na you dey claim say your colleagues dey chase clout.

By the way, Bill Gates has given away billions in dollars in all manners.
Ted Turner gave away.
Dangote gives away.
Folorunsho Alakija always.
Oprah Winfrey all the time.
Even here on Nairaland some people sef dey try.

There are too many out there to mention who give away.

Can we count them as clout chasing?

9 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Iseoluwani: 11:32am On Mar 22
first time uv are making sense

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by omenka1: 11:33am On Mar 22
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Timoleon(m): 11:33am On Mar 22
CountinBlessins:
Who asked you ?
Chief obinna? Who asked you? All these corner bam kpomo men do dey talk excess everytime

It was a live session with fans on Instagram. Someone must have asked him online. No be him say make busy body blogger carry come meet you for nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by seecould: 11:33am On Mar 22
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by SensualMan: 11:33am On Mar 22
You are the real Odogwu! The Ome Mma! Never do online give away for ur sanity sake.
We know the online beggars ravaging the social media space due to Ebi n pawa in their land.

Never do give away online Mr. Common person!

10 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Honestfrend: 11:33am On Mar 22
grin
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Obakoolex(m): 11:34am On Mar 22
undecided It's your money but no dey cap nonsense here. You wey no dey do online wan make people believe say you dey do offline.

Am pretty sure many people that are not on internet must have benefited from Davido and plenty online can attest to that also. I once heard he's gateman has 3 houses.

Once you are a celeb you have limited private life, even you really need clout to always be relevant so Mr burns no dey cap shit.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:34am On Mar 22
All miscreants should forward their account details let me credit them the sum of 1,500 naira for weekend agbado. If you receive yours, respond with the word 'emilokan'.

Signed
Gbola Tilumbu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by superCleanworks(m): 11:34am On Mar 22
your money. your problem.

give or you no give, dem go still call you bad person.
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by Kindness218: 11:35am On Mar 22

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by stunnert(m): 11:35am On Mar 22
Who you epp ?
Everybody dey talk, this werey sef dey talk
Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by sammytovic(m): 11:35am On Mar 22
When you asked Burna that why are you stingy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:35am On Mar 22
If you've access to Data you don't need help, you only need ideas to get a source of income

10 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy by softtorce: 11:37am On Mar 22
It is not a crime to be stingy but it is to be lazy go n work else hunger go beat foolishness comot for your body.

Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I have known burna boy since way back in P.H before he became a super star..

We use to hang out at Akim the Beat studio at RUKPOKWU, along side timaya but timaya then was kind of big in the street..

Burna boy stingy well well.

The guy no de gree share WEED!

Not after he left the hood and travel out of the KUNTRY..

Although he is correct on dis one.

As for me. I de ASHAWO house like dis. Rain fall and weather cold.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
inoki247:
Lol your money and how you choose to spend it that's your problem....

Doz Giveaway you call clout have helped some people not to give up on life imagine someone who's depressed and needs Schl fees and a celebrity pays the schl fees wether na clout or not at least somebody as been helped....

This same Giveaway you call clout Alot of people av been empowered through it...

People might be doing too much asking for giveaway buh our own is still better that is Giveaway our people are hunting and asking for not like Indians that hunt for nudes up nd down all over the Internet like a daily bread.....
Atarakpa:
Story
kcdendelo:
He is talking rubbish
SoNature:
God forgive me, but I don't like Burna Boy one bit! Sometimes, I wonder what he sings that makes people go gaga over him! To cap it all, he's a stingy, egoistic person like WizKid.

On the flip side, may God bless Davido, a giver from a privileged family who doesn't allow his background affect the way he relates with people!
CountinBlessins:
Who asked you ?
Chief obinna? Who asked you? All these corner bam kpomo men do dey talk excess everytime

None of them give away to online miscreant fools n lunatics parading themselves on naija social media space.

Cantonese:
Oya do as you like as long as you are able to do.

We no see, who no gear who you give. Na you dey claim say your colleagues dey chase clout.

By the way, Bill Gates has given away billions in dollars in all manners.
Ted Turner gave away.
Dangote gives away.
Folorunsho Alakija always.
Oprah Winfrey all the time.
Even here on Nairaland some people sef dey try.

There are too many out there to mention who give away.

Can we count them as clout chasing?

See your obidient people wailing over giveaway above.
SensualMan:
You are the real Odogwu! The Ome Mma! Never do online give away for ur sanity sake.
We know the online beggars ravaging the social media space due to Ebi n pawa in their land.

Never do give away online Mr. Common person!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ella's Davido ‘Blow My Mind' Cover / 'Stay There Dey Vex While I Keep Getting Paid' Timi Dakolo Replies A Fan / See Pictures Of Ipcraft's Performance At Mark Angel Comedy/Laffwella UNN Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.