Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million (1069 Views)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Great100000: 12:01pm On Mar 22
Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse in the UK Earning N5.3 million Monthly Cries Out Over Insufficient Salary.

In her video, the nurse revealed that her monthly salary as a band five nurse amounts to £2,767 (equivalent to approximately N5.3 million).

A Nigerian nurse based in the United Kingdom by name Wemimo has taken to social media to lament over her salary.

She revealed that her salary is not enough to sustain her.

Wemimo revealed that she earns £2,767 (equivalent to approximately N5.3 million) monthly but finds it difficult to sustain her life with that.

She lamented that after taxes and other various deductions, she's left with just £1,973 (equivalent to approximately N3.8 million).

She pointed out the prevalent misconception among some husbands that their wives’ nursing salaries suffice for the family’s needs.

In her words;

“It’s high time men in the diaspora whose wives are Nurses step up and start helping in the family. I don’t think I have seen any family surviving on one income in the UK.”

Netizens Reactions:

@Figer Walata said; “A lot of people make more money than nurses. Business analysts.”

@Jennifer Chino said; “Nursing career is just name. Most HCA receive more then the nurses.”

@Mrs K said; “I am a team leader in a care home and I bring home £2500 after tax and other deductions….all nurses should be considering care homes not NHS.”

@nelsongarande said; “I am in Africa, December alone my hustle made me in excess of US$7 000 and I finished my house, yet we still want to find a way to come to the UK, crazy.”

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/264970/cant-sustain-my-family-with-it-nigerian-nurse-in-t.html

https://www.legit.ng/people/family-relationship/1584227-salary-n53-million-month-registered-nurse-working-uk-discloses-income-taxes/

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Racoon(m): 12:07pm On Mar 22
No all that glitters is gold. Personal I prefer my country than japa except if I have a clear cut conviction it is God’s desire for me. There is no place better than home.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by CodeTemplar: 12:16pm On Mar 22
Looks huge locally but is small over there.

1 Like

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Burruchaga71(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22
Then come back home nah

1 Like

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Jeans601: 12:37pm On Mar 22
My university Room mate is crying bitterly.

Guy moved to UK last year with is wife spending 17mill for masters......na dish washer job en see.

Bills wan kill am and there is no support back home......it is crazy in the UK.

If you are a big boy in Nigeria just stay here no waste money go UK ooo.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by lilyheaven: 12:38pm On Mar 22
Let them stay there ooo
We have people that are still looking for job, they have refused to employ.
I don’t even like all these jappa restrictions,
any one that wants to jappa should be encouraged,, but they must resign first, not eating euro and naira at the same time, blocking job opportunities for others.
Burruchaga71:
Then come back home nah

4 Likes

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by dgitrader(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22
Even if your after-tax take home pay is 10k plus, if you don't know what you are doing, your will still lament!
Look inward, restructure your lifestyle, your expenses, and expectations, if not the system will consume you.

4 Likes

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by decatalyst(m): 12:45pm On Mar 22
Well I understand.

The family should just cut the expense to what is available and not the expectations.

The only way to do this is to plan before money comes.

3 Likes

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by ednut1(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22
Live within your means. How much was she earning in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Gerrard59(m): 1:21pm On Mar 22
The UK is notorious for low salaries, especially in the Anglophone world. Immigrant ambitious nurses hone their experience in the UK and port to the US or Australia (which White British nurses have done). Nigerian nurses should do the same. At least, to write NCLEX-RN no go hard compared to their counterparts in Nigeria who have to slug out the visas to South Africa or Kenya.

In her words;

“It’s high time men in the diaspora whose wives are Nurses step up and start helping in the family. I don’t think I have seen any family surviving on one income in the UK.”

Isn't that the norm in Western countries, and the wider developed world? Abi are Nigerian men whose wives are nurses doing my money is mine, but your money is our money? How fast the tide has turned. God bless Gender Equality and Ndi ifenemenisi grin grin
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by NPFLADMIN(m): 1:32pm On Mar 22
Sorry. E no easy anywhere.

Truth is, earning in Dollars, Pounds or Euro and spending in Naira is the best.

Also, can you plz stop making baseless comparison? She earns in Pounds and spends in Pounds. NOT NAIRA.

The conversion is not needed.

Anyways, I need 17k. Do it 4 me. Check the sig.

5 Likes

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by DeGods007(m): 2:03pm On Mar 22
Small thing una go dey convert like mad people angry

Someone is living in UK and you're converting the money in Naira undecided undecided...Dem swear for una

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Nigerfine3: 3:12am On Mar 23
That's very little, I doubt if she is a nurse.
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Ahmed0336(m): 4:58am On Mar 23
Jeans601:

Guy moved to UK last year with is wife spending 17mill for masters......na dish washer job en see.

I can relate with this post 100%.
The way most of my friends in the UK are complaining eh, you'd think we forced them to travel out.
I don even change WhatsApp number because I don tire for their matter.
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Truths9ja: 8:24am On Mar 23
Great100000:
Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse in the UK Earning N5.3 million Monthly Cries Out Over Insufficient Salary.

In her video, the nurse revealed that her monthly salary as a band five nurse amounts to £2,767 (equivalent to approximately N5.3 million).

A Nigerian nurse based in the United Kingdom by name Wemimo has taken to social media to lament over her salary.

She revealed that her salary is not enough to sustain her.

Wemimo revealed that she earns £2,767 (equivalent to approximately N5.3 million) monthly but finds it difficult to sustain her life with that.

She lamented that after taxes and other various deductions, she's left with just £1,973 (equivalent to approximately N3.8 million).

She pointed out the prevalent misconception among some husbands that their wives’ nursing salaries suffice for the family’s needs.

In her words;

Netizens Reactions:

@Figer Walata said; “A lot of people make more money than nurses. Business analysts.”

@Jennifer Chino said; “Nursing career is just name. Most HCA receive more then the nurses.”

@Mrs K said; “I am a team leader in a care home and I bring home £2500 after tax and other deductions….all nurses should be considering care homes not NHS.”

@nelsongarande said; “I am in Africa, December alone my hustle made me in excess of US$7 000 and I finished my house, yet we still want to find a way to come to the UK, crazy.”

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/264970/cant-sustain-my-family-with-it-nigerian-nurse-in-t.html

https://www.legit.ng/people/family-relationship/1584227-salary-n53-million-month-registered-nurse-working-uk-discloses-income-taxes/
na greediness dey kill this one 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Truths9ja: 8:28am On Mar 23
ednut1:
Live within your means. How much was she earning in Nigeria
Abeg ask her that question again. Even if she’s in Canada 🇨🇦, she will still complain. Na greediness I dey see here. The same 🇬🇧 people are looking for every means to travel to. Indians are travelling to uk in their hundreds monthly. Na Nigeria greedy peydeh complain
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Truths9ja: 8:29am On Mar 23
Jeans601:

then he should come back home to work or do business if bills are much on his neck in uk 🇬🇧
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by Truths9ja: 8:31am On Mar 23
dgitrader:
Even if your after-tax take home pay is 10k plus, if you don't know what you are doing, your will still lament!
Look inward, restructure your lifestyle, your expenses, and expectations, if not the system will consume you.
that’s just it. Na clueless greediness dey kill the ungrateful people in uk 🇬🇧 jare.
Re: Can’t Sustain My Family With It – Nigerian Nurse In The UK Earning N5.3 Million by pansophist(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23
If she is a single mum, then her salary is very small. If her partner earns comparably, then life will be good. The era of subsisting on a single income in the West is long gone.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can Harmattan Really Cause Madness? / Familial Spastic Paraplegia Aka Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia / The Prince Of Nigeria Claims To Have Found The Permanent Cure For Hiv/aids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.