Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Oil Palm Can Be Productive In The Northern Part Of Nigeria Under Adequate Fertil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Oil Palm Can Be Productive In The Northern Part Of Nigeria Under Adequate Fertil (94 Views)

Grains Price Update From Northern State / Palm Oil Supply In The Northern Nigeria / FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil Palm Can Be Productive In The Northern Part Of Nigeria Under Adequate Fertil by Karbswell(m): 1:49pm On Mar 23
Written by : Abdulkarim Kabir Ayinde ( KKFARMS )
March/ 23/ 2024

If you are a farmer based in northern part of Nigeria and you are still doubting if oil palm tree can be cultivated in your region I think is time you should doubt no more .Right now in Southern Kaduna and Nasarawa state two oil palm farmers are currently harvesting from their oil palm tree for the first time .Oil palm tree is a very rewarding cash crop that is able to adapt to climatic condition of many states in Nigeria including northern region .Provided your region can boast of 5 months of rainfall then you can also venture into oil palm farming .

Farmers in the north that intend to go into oil palm plantation farming should note that oil palm tree is a heavy feeder plants i.e it requires large quantity of fertilizer to produce bigger fruits and yield higher oil 🪔 output .This is where the usage of animal manure such as cow and poultry waste come into utilization .it is necessary so as to mentain balance soil fertility ,Minimize soil erosion and control soil nutrient loss .The best way to apply this manure is through basal application during planting and ring form in subsequent months during rain season .you do not spread everything on the farmland .farmers based in the north who can afford irrigation of their oil palm tree during the dry season will achieve faster growth and bumper harvest however if you plant the tree at the inception of rainfall in your region and follow up with good farm management your palm tree will survive the next dry season without irrigation

Oil palm tree is a very rewarding cash crop that gives not only palm oil but palm kernel oil and PKC which is used as animal feed and when you consider the multiple products that is derive from oil palm tree you will agree with me that it is very difficult to loose your money when you invest in this prestigious cash crop unlike short term crop that with very little mistake such as seizure in rainfall and mismanagement of crop plant you can loose all your investment .Oil palm tree is also offer advantage of farmland acquisition since it cannot be cultivated on borrowed land .hence you can use the crop to hold the value of your numerous farmland in the north and South while it continues to appreciate year in year out .For your FINANCIAL IMPLICATION of setting up oil palm tree and potential revenue after 3 years you can dm or call me for the documents

As Published by Doris Dokua Sasu, Nov 9, 2023
Around 1.8 million metric tons of palm oil were expected to be consumed in Nigeria as of the 2021/2022 crop year. This represented a peak in consumption compared to the ten preceding years, indicating that the farm product is one of the major crops in the country with a growing domestic need. Most palm oil is for industrial purposes, while a smaller percentage is used by households.Meanwhile in 2018, 350,000 metric tons of palm oil were imported into Nigeria and the figure continue to increase towards 2022 and subsequent years .

This information shows that there is need for every arable farmer either based in the South or Northern part of Nigeria to take active part in the cultivation of oil palm tree either as a cluster or individuals that has farmland that runs into hectares .This is the only way we can reduce importation of this valuable product ,strengthen our currency and creates jobs for our skilled and unskilled labour .If you plan to put your money where your mouth is you should look no other investment than oil palm plantation farming that is capable of sustainably creating a generational income and will outlived the farmer .Harvesting start within 3 to 4 years under good farm management and within that period and beyond the farmers start making returns on investment from his 3 years of struggle and investment .

If this post excites you and you have a piece of farmland in the north to cultivate oil palm tree you can reach out to me via phone call or whatsapp on
07062053560 to plan your plantation set up and seedlings purchase .Do not forget that your success as oil palm farmer start from procurement of viable hybrid TENERA F1 SPECIE which now cost close to 1000 naira per seedlings .anything less than 800 naira stand the chance of being F2 which does yield and will not stand the test of time

Picture 1 palm tree harvest for the first time from Southern Kaduna ( I do not have picture credit )

Picture 2 oil palm tree harvest from from Our Retson Tedheke farm in Gaate farm settlement in Nasarawa state .I do not have picture credit

Picture 3 Oil palm tree harvest at our client farm in Ago Owu Osun state

For your FINANCIAL IMPLICATION of setting up oil palm tree plantation and potential revenue projection ( proposal ) after 3 years you can dm or call me for the documents

Call or Whatsapp 07062053560

(1) (Reply)

One Key|One Drug |One Organ For 100 Weeks Of EGG PRODUCTION / Agricultural Equipments / We Have All Brands And Categories Of Tractors For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.