Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders (12850 Views)

CBN Directs Banks To Suspend Charges On Deposits Till September / NIPOST Imposes New Charges On Courier Services / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Azzik: 10:07am On Mar 27
FreeStuffsNG:
Money laundering: US slams criminal charges on crypto exchange, KuCoin, 2 founders

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/26/money-laundering-us-slams-criminal-charges-on-crypto-exchange-kucoin-2-founders/

All these Chinese are just causing serious problems in the US...an American can't try this nonsense in China and come back alive

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by RealTrump: 10:14am On Mar 27
Astra101:

@ the bolded, I don't know if you're spewing from the overflow basin of ignorance or you're naive. Are you aware that binance (own by a Chinese man) is banned in China?

@obedience4
I see you people want to preach to me about a country I lived for 5 years.

Whoever is the Binance or Kucoin CEO, dem never born their father well. If President Xi asks them to trek from California to Beijing, dem no born them make dem enter plane.

China has a huge interest in cryto, of course they couldn't possibly allow it on their own turf. All the big cryto dealers that Nigeria is sweating to get their names, Beijing will get those names in 5 minutes. It creates the perfect cover, Afterall, you people knew we banned crypto.

No try China.

That Binance guy that escaped DSS custody, una think say na some riff raffs arranged that escape? That shitt is straight out of a James Bond movie carried out by highly people who could hv been the secret service of another country.

From the Abuja layout I know very well. Guy was held somewhere perhaps in Maitama. He went to pray. Distance from Maitama to airport is at least 1 hour if you are doing up to 120kph. Between when he got to airport n when he was airborne is at least another 3 hours...that is if he even flew commercial. You people have no understanding of the logistics involved in smuggling this guy out n for all those time to burn n DSS couldn't secure the airport....forget. you think say na children organise the escape...I just laugh when they say they contact interpol

All charges against those crypto companies will be dropped by una go even beg on top am def. Just enjoy your agbado, leave international politics for who sabi play am.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 10:18am On Mar 27
KushLyon:

How many of the "normal" people are employed? You go just open mouth waaaaahh dey talk rubbish. If there were jobs available in the country, will the youth put their hands into something as risky as cryptocurrency?
Laziness and f0@lishness is affecting you, so you can't create work yourself? To u now u have spoken sense, you are damn too dull. Continue waiting for the government to create work for you.

Even abroad people create jobs themselves you here in Africa is waiting for ready-made jobs, you must be sick, unproductive lazy ass nigga.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Astra101: 10:28am On Mar 27
RealTrump:

@obedience4

Whoever is the Binance or Kucoin CEO, dem never born their father well. If President Xi asks them to trek from California to Beijing, dem no born them make dem enter plane.

China has a huge interest in cryto, of course they couldn't possibly allow it on their own turf. All the big cryto dealers that Nigeria is sweating to get their names, Beijing will get those names in 5 minutes. It creates the perfect cover, Afterall, you people knew we banned crypto.

No try China.

That Binance guy that escaped DSS custody, una think say na some riff raffs arranged that escape? That shitt is straight out of a James Bond movie carried out by highly people who could hv been the secret service of another country.

From the Abuja layout I know very well. Guy was held somewhere perhaps in Maitama. He went to pray. Distance from Maitama to airport is at least 1 hour if you are doing up to 120kph. Between when he got to airport n when he was airborne is at least another 3 hours...that is if he even flew commercial. You people have no understanding of the logistics involved in smuggling this guy out n for all those time to burn n DSS couldn't secure the airport....forget. you think say na children organise the escape...I just laugh when they say they contact interpol

All charges against those crypto companies will be dropped by una go even beg on top am def. Just enjoy your agbado, leave international politics for who sabi play am.

Your response is more of ranting and totally incoherent, i asked you a simple question and you couldn't provide a simple answer, and you concluded I should enjoy my agbado.... Chai!

@ the bolded, you just made me feel the effect of being on a faceless forum. If we were to meet on X, you could have choose your response carefully having gone through my profile.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by y3mi(m): 10:29am On Mar 27
tophempire:

Crypto actually have all the attributes.

Do you know that there will never be more than 21m bitcoin?

You can't over print it, looking at history of money you'll find out that when money is in excess like in Nigeria now, it lead to inflation.

The more you make the lesser the value.

In the case of every crypto you can't make excess.

And block chain technology makes it impossible for anyone to perform copy and paste magic. Every cryptocurrency generated has a unique ID that makes it accepted by the block chain.

Then it's not centralized, so no one can play monopoly of it, the fact that it cost so much to mine a coin is a good reason why the value of cryptocurrency is so high.

Your government needs money to control you, if they can't control money they can't control you that is why they don't want to accept it as legal tender.

I hope I have help you understand a bit more about cryptocurrency
What if per stroke of chance one tech psychonaut figured out a way to, and disrupted blockchain technology powering BTC crypto world over, won't that be an 'that's all folks! End of it?
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by y3mi(m): 10:32am On Mar 27
tophempire:
Unfortunately the government won't let crypto fly because it's out of their control.

Crypto is the only true solution to the worlds financial problems
How ❓
It has also aided all kinds of cybercrimes as much Fiat does. How do you crypto advocates expect an old geezer selling tabloid round the corner or tomatoes hawker transact in crypto?
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by y3mi(m): 10:37am On Mar 27
BannedUser:

Crypto itself is decentralized and outside the control of any government in the world, so they can only go after exchanges that are controlled by people who basically act as middlemen.
But the reality is that crypto doesn't even need exchanges.
That was the original intro versus the reality today. There are hundreds of cryptos than they are terrorists organizations to use them. But please explain a reality where crypto doesn't need exchanges. MM so to speak.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by KushLyon(m): 10:43am On Mar 27
Dareal90s:

Laziness and f0@lishness is affecting you, so you can't create work yourself? To u now u have spoken sense, you are damn too dull. Continue waiting for the government to create work for you.

Even abroad people create jobs themselves you here in Africa is waiting for ready-made jobs, you must be sick, unproductive lazy ass nigga.

Yes I created a job for myself where I blog on a platform and get paid through cryptocurrency, but you're here shouting like a goat on heat that everyone should do "normal work", the normal work wey your papa give me abi? If someone isn't doing traditional jobs like banking, engineering, or trading and other manual skill jobs, its seen as a taboo to useless degenerate maggots like you who are still stuck in the stone age. Cryptocurrency should be banned so that I can come and join you in your small shop in front of your house and be selling crayfish, because apparently that's what "normal people" do

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:35am On Mar 27
Nigeria is the first country to prosecute the promoters of Crypto Business but its people started condemning the government because US takes a cue from Nigeria. I think Nigeria should prosecute the officer(s) that cause the escapee of the Binance executive from Nigeria
FreeStuffsNG:
The document also alleged that KuCoin “took advantage of the sizeable US customer base to become one of the world’s largest exchanges, describing the development as a “criminal conspiracy”.

This is the best time for the Federal Government of Nigeria to extend same measures it adopted against Binance to other crypto exchanges still operating in Nigeria. That will make it not to be seen as selective justice. This platforms are modern day daylight heist!

There's a reason the US is going after each of them now and may soon enough collect all the money from these guys before these criminals flee and/or declare bankruptcy!

FG must quickly and immediately sue all the crypto exchanges for Tax evasion!
May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by GardenOfGod(m): 11:45am On Mar 27
FreeStuffsNG:
The document also alleged that KuCoin “took advantage of the sizeable US customer base to become one of the world’s largest exchanges, describing the development as a “criminal conspiracy”.

This is the best time for the Federal Government of Nigeria to extend same measures it adopted against Binance to other crypto exchanges still operating in Nigeria. That will make it not to be seen as selective justice. This platforms are modern day daylight heist!

There's a reason the US is going after each of them now and may soon enough collect all the money from these guys before these criminals flee and/or declare bankruptcy!

FG must quickly and immediately sue all the crypto exchanges for Tax evasion!
May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Ntoor!
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by obedience4(m): 11:53am On Mar 27
RealTrump:

@obedience4

No try China.

Dude calm down, you ain't the only one to live abroad, make We no come they brag for. Faceless forum.
Oga crypto is banned in China, period
Chinese citizens are not allowed to use and owned crypto,
The crypto currency exchange is a threat to XI and his economic development for China,
Crypto was made in a way it makes it hard to trace,and control, thus making it a risk for countries and their currency,.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 12:42pm On Mar 27
KushLyon:

Yes I created a job for myself where I blog on a platform and get paid through cryptocurrency, but you're here shouting like a goat on heat that everyone should do "normal work", the normal work wey your papa give me abi? If someone isn't doing traditional jobs like banking, engineering, or trading and other manual skill jobs, its seen as a taboo to useless degenerate maggots like you who are still stuck in the stone age. Cryptocurrency should be banned so that I can come and join you in your small shop in front of your house and be selling crayfish, because apparently that's what "normal people" do
Idiot, so you can only get paid through cryptocurrency, what happened to bank transfer, Payoneer and checks? You think u are talking to a dummy. Well for ur information I am a web developer and your boss in blogging. I get my earnings via legit ways and I am doing well. I am a normal person and I've done well for myself without using crypto.

As we all know, only lazy ass niggas complain whenever the govt is against crypto, crack heads that doesn't want to work, always looking for easy way to earn so u can just sit and watch the volatility. Go get a life not all dis ur kobo kobo blogging.

Seeing ur signature I even tot u are truly smart, you end up being the most f0@lish of all human kind. Brain dead swine.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Smithwilliams826: 1:18pm On Mar 27
Just dey look, Nigeria go soon charge Kucoin.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Izuchukwu70: 1:25pm On Mar 27
ManishSmith:
Crypto space is now a big mess, I could remb when the only wallet we used was just blockchain, but look at today many wallets.
I’m so sure satoshi this wasn’t his plan, because his main idea was to create a currency that was decentralized and devoid of government control.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by tophempire: 2:44pm On Mar 27
y3mi:

How ❓
It has also aided all kinds of cybercrimes as much Fiat does. How do you crypto advocates expect an old geezer selling tabloid round the corner or tomatoes hawker transact in crypto?

The same way they use the phones to make calls.
Someone showed them abi?
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by tophempire: 2:59pm On Mar 27
y3mi:

What if per stroke of chance one tech psychonaut figured out a way to, and disrupted blockchain technology powering BTC crypto world over, won't that be an 'that's all folks! End of it?

You think it hasn't been tried??

Even Satoshi can't even edit bitcoin, you'll need over 90% of the users to agree to the change before you can effect it.

That's way is an open source non centralized program
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by KushLyon(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27
Dareal90s:

Idiot, so you can only get paid through cryptocurrency, what happened to bank transfer, Payoneer and checks? You think u are talking to a dummy. Well for ur information I am a web developer and your boss in blogging. I get my earnings via legit ways and I am doing well. I am a normal person and I've done well for myself without using crypto.

As we all know, only lazy ass niggas complain whenever the govt is against crypto, crack heads that doesn't want to work, always looking for easy way to earn so u can just sit and watch the volatility. Go get a life not all dis ur kobo kobo blogging.

Seeing ur signature I even tot u are truly smart, you end up being the most f0@lish of all human kind. Brain dead swine.

Yeah of course, I should just tell the owner of the platform where I blog with millions of people around the world that he should start paying us directly to our bank accounts, because you're one of the foolish dogs that built the site for him, maybe na your papa get the platform sef

FYI, I'm a web developer too, and I seriously doubt you're one, I have never seen a very dumb developer with 2 digit IQ, maybe you're just a blogger wannabe claiming to be a developer because you can change themes on WordPress, olodo

Kobo Kobo blogging indeed, as if you don ever make $100 in your entire blogging career, awon boss blogger

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27
KushLyon:

Yeah of course, I should just tell the owner of the platform where I blog with millions of people around the world that he should start paying us directly to our bank accounts, because you're one of the foolish dogs that built the site for him, maybe na your papa get the platform sef

FYI, I'm a web developer too, and I seriously doubt you're one, I have never seen a very dumb developer with 2 digit IQ, maybe you're just a blogger wannabe claiming to be a developer because you can change themes on WordPress, olodo

Kobo Kobo blogging indeed, as if you don ever make $100 in your entire blogging career, awon boss blogger
$100, is that what u get paid? You still be kobo kobo blogger if your client can't heed to your demands, have u ever heard of Payoneer or Domiciliary account?

You are dull and u continue show it that your are so dumb dull, also don't come here to give us lamba, you ain't a developer you are a broke ass blogger. You have mouth to talk when you make ur first $1k, for now you are a jeko jeko blogger, a dull one to the core that doesn't know there are over 5 legit ways to receive earnings without ilegal cryptos.

Kobo Kobo blogger. 😂
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by KushLyon(m): 4:28pm On Mar 27
Dareal90s:

$100, is that what u get paid? You still be kobo kobo blogger if your client can't heed to your demands, have u ever heard of Payoneer or Domiciliary account?

You are dull and u continue show it that your are so dumb dull, also don't come here to give us lamba, you ain't a developer you are a broke ass blogger. You have mouth to talk when you make ur first $1k, for now you are a jeko jeko blogger, a dull one to the core that doesn't know there are over 5 legit ways to receive earnings without ilegal cryptos.

Kobo Kobo blogger. 😂

Let me paint you a picture and I know it will probably take you over one hour to comprehend.

I blog on Hive platform, which pays its users with its own cryptocurrency called Hive, just the same way Elon Musk pays X users with dollars through stripe. Why has any of those influencers ever demanded for Elon Musk to pay them through their account or use PayPal or payoneer or domiciliary account? But I understand sha, you're too dull to comprehend all these 😂 and yes, I'm a kobo kobo blogger, the same kobo bought me my phone, laptop and sponsored me through the university. See "smart person" can't even type in complete sentences, typing like who has half of their brain removed
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by y3mi(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27
tophempire:

You think it hasn't been tried??

Even Satoshi can't even edit bitcoin, you'll need over 90% of the users to agree to the change before you can effect it.

That's way is an open source non centralized program
You still haven't gotten my supposition. Hypotheticaly saying, what if...
don't overestimate technology unless you are one of those who believe once AI attains flawlessness it attains a state of self-aware (sentience).
My point is anything wey man build (tech) can be undone by man (tech)
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by y3mi(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27
tophempire:

The same way they use the phones to make calls.
Someone showed them abi?
Fair point.
Let's see how it goes.
We are both parties this evolutionart process.
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27
KushLyon:

Let me paint you a picture and I know it will probably take you over one hour to comprehend.

I blog on Hive platform, which pays its users with its own cryptocurrency called Hive, just the same way Elon Musk pays X users with dollars through stripe. Why has any of those influencers ever demanded for Elon Musk to pay them through their account or use PayPal or payoneer or domiciliary account? But I understand sha, you're too dull to comprehend all these 😂 and yes, I'm a kobo kobo blogger, the same kobo bought me my phone, laptop and sponsored me through the university. See "smart person" can't even type in complete sentences, typing like who has half of their brain removed

You are a big mumu, so you blog on Hive and you call yourself a blogger? Nigga you are a real Kobo Kobo blogger like I said, go through all known professional websites for freelancers like Fiver they don't pay with crypto because they are legitimate platforms.

Oponu that u are you don't even have your own blog and you call yourself a blogger, you are still a kid trying out wattery milk, when ur mates own their blogging platforms and making cool cash directly from Mediavine, Google ads and even from sponsored posts, not sure you are familiar with that.

You know how much I charge per link insertion? $1k, I'm sure if u convert that to Naira and sum all your school fees and feeding up I will still have enough change left. I pay ppl like you to craft up content for me monthly.

I'm sure you can't even measure up to my staff that publish for me on different blogs but u will hype urself, after all it's a faceless forum where hungry folks come to brag.

"typing like who has half of their brain removed" Are you sure you pass through school at all? Better go ask for a refund, if I'll be corrected it's not you half baked graduate struggling for pennies from Hive. Come back to the discussion once u start earning into your bank account not all those jargons coins you worship.

While small thing dey look big in ur eyes "phones, laptop and school fees" me I'm already investing in real estate, with that rubbish Hive you are doing it will be impossible for you to have half of what I have now. Go learn real blogging skill or web design, web development or even barbing 😂

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by KushLyon(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27
Dareal90s:

You know how much I charge per link insertion? $1k

🤣🤣🤣🤣 See mumu wey no know wetin $1k look like. From all the rubbish wey you type, na this one be the funniest. You should be a standup comedian 😂
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 6:37pm On Mar 27
KushLyon:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 See mumu wey no know wetin $1k look like. From all the rubbish wey you type, na this one be the funniest. You should be a standup comedian 😂
A poor man pikin go think say na play. You know the cost of a bag of cement? That way higher than ur pay grade. Learn SEO and u will become hot cake, that's if ur brain can handle it.

I'm in the league of ppl with assets not crypto boys hoping on crypto volatility.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by KushLyon(m): 6:39pm On Mar 27
Dareal90s:

A poor man pikin go think say na play. You know the cost of a bag of cement? That way higher than ur pay grade. Learn SEO and u will become hot cake, that's if ur brain can handle it.

I'm in the league of ppl with assets not crypto boys hoping on crypto volatility.

You know how much I charge per link insertion? $1k

Hold on I'm not done laughing yet 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 6:42pm On Mar 27
KushLyon:

Hold on I'm not done laughing yet 🤣🤣🤣
Jokes on u, laugh out ur destiny instead of you to learn you won't seems you have nothing to say again, you've been beaten hands down Mr petty blogger.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by KushLyon(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27
Dareal90s:

Jokes on u, laugh out ur destiny instead of you to learn you won't seems you have nothing to say again, you've been beaten hands down Mr petty blogger.

Yes I agree, I have been beaten hands down....please send me $500, I have not eaten since yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by PropertyBuying(f): 6:52pm On Mar 27
You can imagine the kind of society we've found ourselves. 🤷
Roboto11:
Nigerian citizens would-be the ones fighting government if they did the same.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Dareal90s(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27
KushLyon:

Yes I agree, I have been beaten hands down....please send me $500, I have not eaten since yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Na that hunger go kill u, I tot u dey work and you dey earn crypto wella big man.

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Igboslayer: 2:52am On Mar 28
Roboto11:
Nigerian citizens would-be the ones fighting government if they did the same.
Igbo people and their cohort that want Nigeria to fail so that they can justify their Biafra agitation or Obi as superior candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: US Slams Criminal Charges On Kucoin's 2 Founders by Konquest: 4:25am On Mar 29
FreeStuffsNG:
Money laundering: US slams criminal charges on crypto exchange, KuCoin, 2 founders

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/26/money-laundering-us-slams-criminal-charges-on-crypto-exchange-kucoin-2-founders/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/prominent-global-cryptocurrency-exchange-kucoin-and-two-its-founders-criminally

U.S. Attorney Damian Williams said: “As today’s Indictment alleges, KuCoin and its founders deliberately sought to conceal the fact that substantial numbers of U.S. users were trading on KuCoin’s platform. Indeed, KuCoin allegedly took advantage of its sizeable U.S. customer base to become one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency derivatives and spot exchanges, with billions of dollars of daily trades and trillions of dollars of annual trade volume. But financial institutions like KuCoin that take advantage of the unique opportunities available in the United States must also comply with U.S. law to help identify and drive out crime and corrupt financing schemes. KuCoin allegedly deliberately chose not to do so. As alleged, in failing to implement even basic anti-money laundering policies, the defendants allowed KuCoin to operate in the shadows of the financial markets and be used as a haven for illicit money laundering, with KuCoin receiving over $5 billion and sending over $4 billion of suspicious and criminal funds. Crypto exchanges like KuCoin cannot have it both ways. Today’s Indictment should send a clear message to other crypto exchanges: if you plan to serve U.S. customers, you must follow U.S. law, plain and simple.”

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! I Need To Start Food Stuffs Business. / JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year / Nigeria To Begin To Supply Gas To South Africa From 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.