Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

My Car Current Is Not Stable - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Current Is Not Stable (536 Views)

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? / Top Current Car Brands And Their Country Of Origin / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Current Is Not Stable by Kingzautos: 9:36am On Mar 27
I drive a 2011 Toyota Camry 4 plug and Venza Engine, which I bought as Direct Belgium last year December. Fast forward to this year January to be precise. After parking my car for an hour, I tried starting it I notice that my speedometer stopped reading, my temperature gauge stopped reading, my Ac stopped working, Abs light came up, brake light came up.
I called an electrician that checked all fuse, Abs module and the brainbox no fault was detected the worst of it was that it was not communicating with a system scanner it was stating unable to communicate . So I decided to drive to Anambra state where I reside. Someone directed me to an electrician in Onitsha. On my way to Anambra state, I noticed that my car android music player tripped off and never came up.
When. I got to the electrician at onitsha I explained everything to him after which we bargained for his workmanship. So he started fixing the car while he was on it he said I shouldn’t stand close to him, he insisted I should go and sit down which I did. Within 30 minutes he had fixed the car same car that couldn’t be fixed for a month. I asked him what the problem was he was relunctant in telling me.
So I decided to buy a new android music player, I noticed that whenever I am driving it will turn off and on even when I am not driving. I got frustrated called another electrician recently to check why it is tripping off and on. I also noticed my door light is fluctuating and roof light slightly fluctuating.
When the electrician came I loosed the android music player from the dashboard he metered and we noticed that the current in the car is fluctuating and not stable. He unplugged and checked the terminals connected to my battery and noticed a current fluctuation. He concluded the alternator is not functioning well and needs to be changed to get a stable current. I noticed whenever my car is in idle the rpm clock will be slightly going up and down but not all the time.
Please my fellow Nairaland i need your advice I had to be detailed enough so you guys can advice me. Why is my car not having stable current could it be the alternator. Note my battery is very sound
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by Kingzautos: 10:53am On Mar 27
Please I need a prompt response.
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by mayor2013: 3:24pm On Mar 27
Most likely you bought a flooded vehicle immersed baldy in water. Post your VIN here to start with

6 Likes

Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by jceesquare(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27
Kingzautos:
I drive a 2011 Toyota Camry 4 plug and Venza Engine, which I bought as Direct Belgium last year December. Fast forward to this year January to be precise. After parking my car for an hour, I tried starting it I notice that my speedometer stopped reading, my temperature gauge stopped reading, my Ac stopped working, Abs light came up, brake light came up.
I called an electrician that checked all fuse, Abs module and the brainbox no fault was detected the worst of it was that it was not communicating with a system scanner it was stating unable to communicate . So I decided to drive to Anambra state where I reside. Someone directed me to an electrician in Onitsha. On my way to Anambra state, I noticed that my car android music player tripped off and never came up.
When. I got to the electrician at onitsha I explained everything to him after which we bargained for his workmanship. So he started fixing the car while he was on it he said I shouldn’t stand close to him, he insisted I should go and sit down which I did. Within 30 minutes he had fixed the car same car that couldn’t be fixed for a month. I asked him what the problem was he was relunctant in telling me.
So I decided to buy a new android music player, I noticed that whenever I am driving it will turn off and on even when I am not driving. I got frustrated called another electrician recently to check why it is tripping off and on. I also noticed my door light is fluctuating and roof light slightly fluctuating.
When the electrician came I loosed the android music player from the dashboard he metered and we noticed that the current in the car is fluctuating and not stable. He unplugged and checked the terminals connected to my battery and noticed a current fluctuation. He concluded the alternator is not functioning well and needs to be changed to get a stable current. I noticed whenever my car is in idle the rpm clock will be slightly going up and down but not all the time.
Please my fellow Nairaland i need your advice I had to be detailed enough so you guys can advice me. Why is my car not having stable current could it be the alternator. Note my battery is very sound
Could be loose electrical connections in the fuse box, battery terminals or modules.
It's also possible you bought a flooded car as posted above.
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by Cumtroller: 4:07pm On Mar 27
Kingzautos:

Is your cruise control working ? I have the solution
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by Kingzautos: 5:49pm On Mar 27
4T1BF3EK4BU590200
Here is my car VIN please help me check
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by Chicagograduate(m): 6:53pm On Mar 29
Tokunbo things no dey get head.
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by BestTrades: 6:19am On Mar 30
Kingzautos:
4T1BF3EK4BU590200
Here is my car VIN please help me check

Run an instant vehicle history report yourself

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by id4sho(m): 2:01am On Mar 31
mayor2013:
Most likely you bought a flooded vehicle immersed baldy in water. Post your VIN here to start with

Your mind dey there
Re: My Car Current Is Not Stable by Chasito(m): 9:50am On Mar 31
You bought a flooded car bro.

(1) (Reply)

Safe Driving Tips. / Toyota Highlander / Genuine Clearing Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.