Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,346 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post (28827 Views)

CBN Sells Dollars To BDCs Below Market Rate At ₦‎1,101/$1 / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:22am On Mar 28
Paraman:
You can use this news hold body small because you're not happy the naira is not trading at 3000/$.
Apcshit met dollar at 216 per 1 Dollar here we are and you still get mind to Dey support dem you are so stupid and clueless 😠😠😠
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Paraman: 10:56am On Mar 28
Riskymarvelous:
Apcshit met dollar at 216 per 1 Dollar here we are and you still get mind to Dey support dem you are so stupid and clueless 😠😠😠
How much did PDP meet it dumbo? I'm sure this is the way you talk to your father at home.
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:00am On Mar 28
Paraman:
How much did PDP meet it dumbo? I'm sure this is the way you talk to your father at home.
dullard man supporting dullardad no be juju be that 😀😀😀😀😀😀
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Ozommadu: 2:12pm On Mar 28
ednut1:
Dollar is dropping. Why are prices not dropping?

Custom exchange rate never drop
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by lildush(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
Please provide evidence Tinubu devalue the naira so as to get loans from the IMF.

A lot of you just talk anyhow

Good bye sir.. we will talk wen u wake up... 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Paraman: 3:07pm On Mar 28
lildush:

Good bye sir.. we will talk wen u wake up... 🤣🤣🤣
You have no evidence to tender. I'm asking you for a very easy thing, just prove Nigeria asked for or got loans from the IMF

Countries like Ghana, Egypt and Argentina are the ones begging the IMF for bailout. Since Tinubu became the president, he has not asked or gotten $1 from the IMF.
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by lildush(m): 4:16pm On Mar 28
Paraman:
You have no evidence to tender. I'm asking you for a very easy thing, just prove Nigeria asked for or got loans from the IMF

Countries like Ghana, Egypt and Argentina are the ones begging the IMF for bailout. Since Tinubu became the president, he has not asked or gotten $1 from the IMF.

Are you for real? Do u know how many times tinubu got loan from international bodies since he became ur president? U are not current my guy. Dats y I said wen u wake up. We can discuss... But for now enjoy ur sleep 😴
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Paraman: 6:25pm On Mar 28
lildush:

Are you for real? Do u know how many times tinubu got loan from international bodies since he became ur president? U are not current my guy. Dats y I said wen u wake up. We can discuss... But for now enjoy ur sleep 😴
You said Tinubu devalue the naira because he wants to collect loan from the IMF

Now prove it
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by franugo(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28
Jogs1900:

Smh

You're smh say wetin happen? He has a valid point
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:02pm On Mar 28
Bazztadewu:
Per liter.fuel

Oooh...that one? We are used to squeezing face as we buy the fuel ...

Remember to buy the one for your Generator too...
Very funny Country we live in...lols
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by PHAYOL81: 8:10pm On Mar 28
SoNature:

Stop being emotional; nobody is nobody's enemy. If you don't understand something you ask questions before you conclude.

Here's the logical explanation...

Let's say I normally buy an article for #5, and sell it at #6 to make a profit of #1.

Later, my supplier tells me that the new price is now #8. I must increase my price to #9.

Why....
If I don't do that, I won't have enough money to restock the products when the current ones finish.

That's because the current selling price from where I usually buy it is higher than both my selling price and profit.

In other words, for selling at #9, I am still making a profit of #1. But those who don't understand the business logic will think I am cheating them. If I don't increase my price, I will run out of business.

I hope you understand this....

@Martineverest

WRONG analysis. The situation you analysed showed greed and insincerity. NOW, I got a container of indomie (for instance) at #1 per piece in each carton. I initially aspire to sell at #1.1 per piece but two days later (with majority of my stock still in store), hike occur in dollars value and so speculation abound that the manufacturing company is now poise to sell at (to use your profit margin) #1.4/piece, so I now reacted by selling at #1.5/piece in line with the new reality. What you fail to understand is by the time I finish up sales (which may amount to around 3/4 of my whole purchase)I have gotten a massive 37.5% capital increment. Of course, I have to buy new stock at #1.4 now and the old process occured by the time I could offset 1/4 of my stock. Another #0.4 increment means I sell at #1.9 now hence by the time I sellout the entire purchase, I have another 37.5% capital increment. Mind you, I still maintainmy gain ratio all along without hassle. The moment the process happen again, I get 100% capital increase without losing a dime in profits.
IN order not to waste time, and in some cases we might be having the peak while the capital might have developed 300% in rate even though the purchasing power still remains the same, hence you can see that in all these scenarios/analysis my capital base is proportional to the value of purchase it grant me. I might've started with #500 but now have #1500 as in order to maintain the same value in capital base, I have to set my prices in relation to the new hike. The #1500 is just monetary increament but the value remains same as it can only get me A CONTAINER OF THE PRODUCT YET. Of course, that's smart business move (so I guess we're on the same page here). But where we differ is when law of diminishing return sets in after the peak. If I'm honest, things should reflect immediately too. This is exactly the way things should be: say, if naira start gaining, the piece that already peaked at #1.9 and is now selling for #1.7, all I, as retailer can do is adjust the profit margin a little (say from #0.1 to #0.15)to cushion the shock hence I would now be selling at #1.85 instead of #2.0. Further improvement in naira means further adjustment in both profit margin and selling price. And if along the line inflation sets in again, then the price can go up again while the profit margin return back to the initial figure (i.e #0.1). What the market is doing now is unfair. The dollars has crashed by almost 50% of the recent hike but prices remains the same. In some cases, some items prices are still further inflated, all claiming to still have old stocks. If by chance another naira crash happens tomorrow (God forbid), the prices get hiked again not considering it had never been adjusted to the realities of the old gain.
What the market is hereby doing is a conflict of value. During the dollars hike, the capital base was subjected to the money power. The capital used in buying a container-load of the item must be adjusted to still be able to purchase such. But in the second reality when naira gains, the mentality changed and the value of the capital is now being subjected to the last amount (denomination)used in getting the items at the last purchase. Instead of thinking of maintaining a container order they started with in addition to their steady profit margin, they merely see opportunity to buy two or more containers (having more money now), leveraging on the sudden change.
RICE WAS AROUND #65000 when dollars was at the rate we returned back to now. if it's being sold for something just under #70000 they're not losing, the amount in bank would surely reduce in no time but the purchasing power would still be able to get the retailer more than the one container he starts with while he makes a new purchase/order.
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Monday60655(m): 8:28pm On Mar 28
socialmediaman:
Propaganda is the hallmark of this government!

If after lying to you for 8 years that Buhari was doing well, they came back again claiming that Tinubu was cleaning up Buhari’s mess, and you still believe anything from them without demanding to see the evidence, just go and collect your award, you’re a certified zombie

You just nailed the whole truth. God bless you.
End of Story!
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Justiceleague1: 7:48am On Mar 29
JohnAOne akpuBrain grin :
I immediately changed CEFA1280.20 (about CONGO CEFA1689.80) on Monday when CBN was selling to BDC at TOGO CEFA1251.

CEFA was 1443.18 when I changed, now CEFA is about 1300.

If I didn't act, I would have lost more than 150k CEFA grin grin grin

Dem no dey tell person!

If you like (at this point in time ⏳) continue to hoard...
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by lildush(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29
Paraman:
You said Tinubu devalue the naira because he wants to collect loan from the IMF

Now prove it

It's clear u don't know what is happening.. ur just going about ur business daily. Without seeking knowledge of wat is happening. Like I said earlier ...enjoy ur sleep ooo🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Paraman: 9:17pm On Mar 29
lildush:

It's clear u don't know what is happening.. ur just going about ur business daily. Without seeking knowledge of wat is happening. Like I said earlier ...enjoy ur sleep ooo🤣
Oga, leave all this long talk

Just show me your source, when did Tinubu apply for loan from the IMF?
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Justiceleague1: 9:06am On Mar 30
Paraman:
Oga, leave all this long talk

Just show me your source, when did Tinubu apply for loan from the IMF?
Babablu did not apply for any loan as he Neva get zha approval of the lord's and Fulani masters...😁
Dem nor born any bomboclat ronu for Ilorin not to bow down flat for Fulani emir Gambari Baaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by Paraman: 10:05am On Mar 30
Justiceleague1:

Babablu did not apply for any loan as he Neva get zha approval of the lord's and Fulani masters...😁
Dem nor born any bomboclat ronu for Ilorin not to bow down flat for Fulani emir Gambari Baaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
show Babablu apply for a loan from the IMF as you claimed
Re: Dollar Not Selling At ₦1,000/$1 - BDCs Debunk Viral Post by PropertyBuying(f): 1:57pm On Mar 30
Interesting... We keep lookong out for our Dear Country's Good. We actually desire diligent, intelligent and honest leaders!
Paraman:
Tinubu is doing absolutely well. Naira is gaining against the dollar, pounds and euro. Inflation will start falling in may, the refinery will soon start working... so Tinubu is doing a very good job

In

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Saves One Million Naira In Piggy Bank / Nigeria Worst Place To Do Business; 169th In The World Ranking— World Bank / 10 Small Business Ideas For Big Cities And Towns In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.