Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. (137 Views)

Buju: Did Singer Make The Right Move By Signing To Burna Boy’s Spaceship Records / Doc Rich Reacts To Burna Boy's Monsters You Made (Video) / Check Out A Nairalander's COVER To Burna Boy's Hit Song; HEAVENS GATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by Btruth: 7:22am On Mar 28
BURNA BOY SHOULD NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE MAJEK FASHEK MADE.

History is always there for us to learn from because there's nothing new under the sun but if we refuse to learn from history, we'll end up repeating the same cycle of mistakes others have made.

So, some years ago, I was producing music for a gospel artiste at a studio in Akute. A lot of people don't know that I've worked as a music producer. Anyways it's part of my skills.

At the studio, I met one of Majek Fashek's old band member who travelled with him for his musical tour in the US.

He narrated to me what happened to him and his other crew mates that were working with Majek.

He said after Majek signed a major deal with one of the biggest Music record label companies in the US, he was introduced into hard drugs which he subscribed to.

One dangerous factor about these hard substance is that as soon as you take them, you'll never be the same again. Something will just be OFF about you and your reasoning capacity will never be the same again.

Secondly, you'll be willing to spend everything on you to keep taking the substance due to its addictive nature.

According to him, Majek spent almost all his hard earned money on this hard drugs and as a result, he couldn't pay his staff anymore and they all started exiting one after the other.

Some chose to remain in the US in a bid to seek for greener pastures while others chose to return to Nigeria including the person who shared this story with me.

Ever since Majek Fashek's return to Nigeria, I've spotted him in several places either begging for arms or seeking for assistance and you can tell that he is not okay at all.

I remember being part of a movie scene that was shot several years ago titled 'Mark of the beast' which he featured in. Prior to that movie, I saw Majek smoke the living hell of out of cigeratte before and after the movie scene and it's still wasn't just enough to satisfy the crave of his addiction.

All these can be traced back to that first drug experience someone in the US introduced him to which eventually damaged his life and his musical career.

Now, according to reports, it is said that Burna Boy has over 80 staffs working for him on various capacities which is a very good one.

I'm aware that he smokes marijuana and it's not a hidden news. I was even told that he turned down an offer to sing in a country that was to pay him $5M simply because they said they won't allow him smoke marijuana. Well, that's his prerogative but he must be careful not to indulge in more hard substance that can totally ruin his life and career.

But my candid advice to him is that he should do everything possible to stay off hard substance by every means necessary because one sniff can snuff his life out and trigger him into serious addiction which can propel him to spend his large fortunes on it and eventually damage his musical career.

As simple as this advice is, can go a long way in saving his musical career and that of others.

It's this same substance addiction that killed stars like Amy Winehouse, Withney Houston, DMX and several others.

So this is not a joke.

I just hope he learns from history and not throw caution into the wind.

My name is Coach DANIEL Kemka ❤️💯✅

Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by immortalcrown(m): 7:26am On Mar 28
2Face seems to have done better by choosing women over drugs.

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by advanceDNA: 8:03am On Mar 28
Btruth:

My name is Coach DANIEL Kemka ❤️💯✅

I guess u ddnt write this for burna ....because the nigga won't likely see it
Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by Xwizard: 8:04am On Mar 28
Am in the same shoe as this, puffing kolos since 2019 non stop, in which I wish to stop but can’t stop yet until am made. Only a stonner can understand tho

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by Wawelexy(m): 8:29am On Mar 28
To you above....

When serious kidney or lungs 🫁 disease hold you, your body go tell you.

BTW, @OP, Burnaboy won't see this tho, but you are on point... Drug kills, most times slowly. Most of these people addicted to it are always looking malnourished, e.g wizzy(naija & US), snoopy, Chris Brown, Jaden Smith, J. Bieber, even Rihanna...

The worst affected people are those struggling financially but yet addicted to drugs.
Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by Btruth: 11:59am On Mar 28
advanceDNA:

I guess u ddnt write this for burna ....because the nigga won't likely see it
if you know him .... tell him please.

Lol
Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by YourGFsnatcher: 10:33am On Apr 02
Xwizard:
Am in the same shoe as this, puffing kolos since 2019 non stop, in which I wish to stop but can’t stop yet until am made. Only a stonner can understand tho
It's a slow process, but you can overcome it
Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by Xwizard: 4:48pm On Apr 02
YourGFsnatcher:

It's a slow process, but you can overcome it
How to start the process ? Meanwhile I can’t accept any advice from a non smoker or is her to be a stonner, those are the categories of people that really understand my plight here. I need someone who has been smoking for long to help me with the withdrawal process.
Thanks
Re: Words Of Advice To Burna Boy. by YourGFsnatcher: 7:39pm On Apr 02
Xwizard:

How to start the process ? Meanwhile I can accept any advice from a non smoker or is her to be a stonner, those are the categories of people that really understand my plight here. I need someone who has been smoking for long to help me with the withdrawal process.
Thanks
The truth is... it's not an easy road... only a pro can actually help you
Let me not give you false hope cos I know its not that easy. But I know even though it will be tough.. you can do it

(1) (Reply)

G-unit Poppin' Them Thangs / M-fasa Is My Crush Bbnaija Tacha Opens Up / Biography Of Lamboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.