Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen (8919 Views)

AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? / Frank Lampard, Expected To Stay As Interim Coach Until The End Of The Season / Jay-Jay Okocha Returns To Bolton Wanderers As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by HonNL: 2:29pm On Mar 29
Xabi Alonso's Bayer Leverkusen has been swashbuckling atimes this season, with 70 points, 10 points ahead of Bayern Munich having not lost a game in the Bundesliga this season with 26 games played.

Excerpts from Xabi Alonso's Press Conference....
“I had a good meeting with Bayer Leverkusen and I informed them that I will STAY and continue at the club”.

“After lot of talks about my future, I used the break to reflect and make my decision”.

“This is the place to be for me”.

“My job at Bayer is not over. I want to help the club, help the players to develop, the board is great… it’s all fantastic here”.

“I’m still young coach but I think this is the best decision for my future. I took my time and I’m sure about that”.

“I’m grateful to Bayer and the board, the players, the fans… I feel that this is the best way, to continue together”.

“I have also informed the players, it’s true”.

“My deadline was this week, it’s matter of respect. Now everything is clear”.

“I’m not gonna comment about Liverpool or Bayern. These are big clubs and I’ve strong links with them but I’m in the place where I want to be”.

“It’s not time to decide my future now, I want to develop at Bayer Leverkusen”.
Fabrizio Romano

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by dawnomike(m): 2:43pm On Mar 29
Wise decision!!!

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Olayinka8793(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29
Deaf and hearing impaired Nairalanders, let us connect 👇https://www.nairaland.com/8035008/hang-out-zone-deaf-hearing
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by reiddecuti: 2:52pm On Mar 29
Good for him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by YoungLionken(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29
Leverkusen would be best for him because he's not that good as a coach for Liverpool FC or Bayern Munich, or else he would flop and it will tell on any of the teams..

Xabi Alonso of yesteryears, his shot power and accuracy ehn cool. How time flies...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 2:52pm On Mar 29
Omo ogbon.....e reason the matter far. Make una no carry wahala com my domain

9 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Gangster1ms: 2:53pm On Mar 29
Smart man

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by tefishy(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29
Not a good news for Liverpool. They need a man of his calibre to take over from Kloop. A coach with good attacking instinct

7 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by ReacherSaidNoth: 2:54pm On Mar 29
When it's matchday now we won't see live football thread o undecided.

As for Liverpool, they cannot escape the struggle that comes from losing a great manager. I look forward to their torment cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Vinnie2000(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29
Bayern's Devilish style of Stealing their rival's players and coaches. undecided

Once a Player or Coach is Having Success in Germany, they will Distract him and use Media BULLYING tactics to Force the Player to join them. sad

*Michael Ballack of Leverkusen
*David Pizarro of Werder Bremen.
*Lewandowski of Dortmund
*Goetze of Dortmund. sad

They Tried this with Haaland but FAILED. 😕

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Great100000: 2:54pm On Mar 29
I think this is the best decision of his life.

He is an amazing coach but he needs to continue with Leverkusen for now.

If he goes to Liverpool or Bayern, they might not be that patient like that, but with Leverkusen, he can continue building his career.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Freshtruth(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29
Pride they say is a killer he might never have another opportunity than this again or maybe his waiting for d Madrid job if that is d case is a big mistake because of impatient Perez I believe Liverpool will suit him most even though he would be hard to say no to bayern

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Agunesinjaweola: 2:55pm On Mar 29
Steven Gerrard's will be getting excited for no reason 🤗

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by astOorR(m): 2:55pm On Mar 29
He’s eyeing Madrid 🤣

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Shikena(m): 2:56pm On Mar 29
Nice one, Alonso. Hala Madrid! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by princeemmma(m): 2:56pm On Mar 29
He did well, and thats a very wise decision

He needs to build more confidence at Leverkusen, jumping to big clubs will just put him in a complicated situation at the beginning of his career.

We saw what happen to Lampard

He is doing well and i see him winning the league this season

12 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Seunpapa65: 2:57pm On Mar 29
Loyalty comes first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Shikena(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29
One Liverpool, one Gerrard! grin

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by tiswell(m): 2:58pm On Mar 29
He is ok at Leverkusen,those bigger clubs go finish im carrier

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Angelfrost(m): 2:59pm On Mar 29
Smart choice...!

Xabi is a wise man... Wiser than Graham Potter, Julian Nagelsmann, and Steven Gerrard.

He knows hype is nothing! An extra season in a club where he has done the impossible makes a lot of sense.

Now, he can stroll into UCL with them, and see how far he can take them while making a serious effort to defend the Bundesliga.

Big clubs are traps for the unprepared and inexperienced... There is never a real guarantee of success for most young coaches, especially since the owners/management and fans of those clubs will never give him the room and patience he is enjoying at Bayer Leverkusen.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by BscHolder: 2:59pm On Mar 29
Xabi Alonso switches to Bayern/Liverpool that'll mark the beginning of his fall

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by BscHolder: 3:00pm On Mar 29
Vinnie2000:
Bayern's Devilish style of Stealing their rival's players and coaches. undecided

Once a Player or Coach is Having Success in Germany, they will Distract him and use Media BULLYING tactics to Force the Player to join them. sad

*Michael Ballack of Leverkusen
*David Pizarro of Werder Bremen.
*Lewandowski of Dortmund
*Goetze of Dortmund. sad

They Tried this with Haaland but FAILED. 😕
even this Alonso was stolen from Liverpool and Luca Toni from Fiorentina

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Vinnie2000(m): 3:00pm On Mar 29
Freshtruth:
Pride they say is a killer he might never have another opportunity than this again or maybe his waiting for d Madrid job if that is d case is a big mistake because of impatient Perez I believe Liverpool will suit him most even though he would be hard to say no to bayern

Alonso will FAIL woefully in Liverpool or Real Madrid. undecided

He is still inexperienced. smiley

BTW, has Atiku or Obi finally sent Tinibu the Birthday message? 😏😕 :

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by AntiChristian: 3:01pm On Mar 29
When will Okocha start coaching like this?

Betting is haram!

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by AntiChristian: 3:01pm On Mar 29
What do you mean? grin
Vinnie2000:

Alonso will FAIL woefully in Liverpool or Real Madrid. undecided

He is still inexperienced. smiley

BTW, has Atiku or Obi finally sent Tinibu the Birthday message? 😏😕 :

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Laple0541(m): 3:02pm On Mar 29
Gege!

You that the only thing between you and being announced as the coach of either club is for the season to end.

Dey play.

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Usmanovic95(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29
A very smart decision. Bayer Leverkusen is a mid club where he can improvise, try out different tactics and build a philosophy with with not too high expectations from board and supporters.He won't get that luxury managing a team like Bayern or Liverpool where expectations is high with zero error margin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Vinnie2000(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29
BscHolder:
even this Alonso was stolen from Liverpool and Luca Toni from Fiorentina

No.🙁

Alonso moved from Liverpool to Real Madrid in 2009.

It was from Real Madrid Bayern signed him, not Liverpool. sad

3 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by DystopianMuse(f): 3:04pm On Mar 29
You better stay at Leverkusen and learn because the pressure will not be much like that of a big clubs like Bayern. Don't get carried away by the hype.

Btw. I think Alonso is just lucky this season. It will take some seasons if he maintains the same consistency before he should be taken seriously. Remember the likes of Eddie Howe. There are lucks in football there will just be a time football god will just decides to favor you. Like the current genius of Leverkusen might be a lucky coincidence and not necessarily the tactical brilliance of Alonso

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Truvelisback(m): 3:04pm On Mar 29
Klopp, pls come to Man united.
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Agunesinjaweola: 3:05pm On Mar 29
astOorR:
He’s eyeing Madrid 🤣
He doesn't want his house to be burgled leaving Spain 🤗

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Niok: 3:08pm On Mar 29
Wise decision Alonso is a god in Leverkusen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UEFA Champions League 2015/2016 season Group Stage Draw / CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards / Man United Miss Out On Top Four After Draw With Huddersfield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.