Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Knowing The Only True God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing The Only True God (51 Views)

If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? / God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Knowing The Only True God by Kei144(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29
Jn. 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

So many people claim to know God and Jesus Christ so much, but there are divergent opinions about who God and Jesus Christ are. Are there any metrics for determining the accuracy of what people know about God and Jesus Christ? We can see the only metric I Jn. 17:3: Anyone who has accurate knowledge of God and Jesus Christ will be full of eternal life or divinity. The person will be doing all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry. So, how to determine the level of accuracy of someone’s knowledge of God and Jesus Christ is to check how much of the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry that the person is able to do. Going by this criterion, the accuracy of the knowledge held by people about God and Jesus Christ in the world today is very poor.

What the Bible says about God

Ge. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The Bible tells us that God is the being that created all things. Chapter 1 of the book of Genesis says that God created the heavens and the earth, and then gives some details about God’s creations on earth. The Bible doesn’t give any detail about the creation of the vast heavens. Some people get confused by the creations on earth taking only six days, but they never bother to ask six days of what reference time? While God was doing His creations on earth, was He guided by earth time? What if chapter 1 of Genesis is referring to heaven’s or universe’s time; which means that the time for one complete rotation of the universe is the reference time of Genesis chapter 1?

The Bible does tell us a little about God’s creation of His heaven, where He dwells, even though the Bible doesn’t tell us much about the origin of heavenly beings.

Pr. 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works before his deeds of old;
Pr. 8:23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.
Pr. 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water;
Pr. 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth,
Pr. 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world.
Pr. 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
Pr. 8:28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
Pr. 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary so that the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
Pr. 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence,
Pr. 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind.
Pr. 8:32 “Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways.
Pr. 8:33 Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it.
Pr. 8:34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.
Pr. 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life and receives favour from the LORD.
Pr. 8:36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”

Pr. 8:22-36 presents the first of God’s creations. God brought forth from Himself a powerful entity. Note that God brought forth from Himself everything that He created. Some things that God created, He made to possess life and some level of intelligence, others He made to be lifeless and without any intelligence. But this first of God’s creations is extra-ordinary, as we will see shortly.

Re. 4:1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Re. 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.
Re. 4:3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne.
Re. 4:4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.
Re. 4:5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] of God.

Revelation 4 is the only chapter in the Bible where we see God as He really is. Re. 4:3 shows God, and He doesn’t look like a man at all. I personally see God as a being that possesses infinite energy, life and intelligence. From his excessive abundance of energy, be brought forth the visible universe, which itself is continually expanding. Physicists know about conversion of energy to matter and vice-versa.

Re. 4:5 shows the first of God’s creations, described in Pr. 8:22-36. That is the Holy Spirit of God. Re. 4:5 depicts seven transmitters of divine energy—extremely powerful, full of life and intelligence; the arm of God. Through His powerful arm, even though God is always seated on His throne in heaven, at the same time He reaches out to every part of the universe. The Holy Spirit makes God to be omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscience.

Is. 53:1 Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn. 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

The beginning part of John 1 also talks about the Holy Spirit of God. Here He is called the Word. Jn. 1:1-4 connects with Pr. 8:22-36. Pr. 8:30 connects with Jn. 1:3 and Pr. 8:33-36 connects with Jn. 1:1,4. How does Re. 4:5 connect with Jn. 1:1-4? Re. 4:5 portrays the Holy Spirit more like a divine wave. Just as human beings encode messages unto waves through modulation, God encodes His messages or intelligence or will or Word unto His divine wave. The Word determines what the power of the Holy Spirit can do; hence, the Word controls the power of the Holy Spirit or the divine power.

(1) (Reply)

The Lonely Junction Of Destiny / Highlights Of Good Friday Across : "The Heart Of Christian Faith" / Boost Your Self-confidence With This Powerful Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.