Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir (35180 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by naptu2: 1:48pm On Apr 02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Ahmed Musa (MON) (OON) @Ahmedmusa718

It has come to my attention that on a moment captured almost a month ago, has unexpectedly become the center of attention on social media. It's disheartening to see a simple act of cultural respect blown out of proportion. In our Northern culture, the gesture of kneeling, shaking hands etc signifies the highest form of respect. This was my intention when I greeted the Deputy Governor in such a manner. However, when it came to greeting the Governor, I chose to bow and not shake his hands, honoring him in a way that is deeply rooted in tradition.

It's unfortunate that amidst all the pressing issues our nation faces – economic hardships, security challenges, religious clashes and more – this seemingly insignificant moment has garnered so much attention. Even national media outlets like ARISE TV have jumped on the bandwagon, diverting focus from issues that truly matter- highly disappointing I must say.

What's even more disheartening are the comments questioning my respectfulness, especially from those who don't know me personally. Let's pause for a moment and reflect on where we choose to direct our energy. Shouldn't it be towards finding solutions to the problems plaguing our society rather than getting caught up in needless distractions?

I urge us all to channel our collective efforts towards addressing the real issues at hand. Let's focus on uplifting one another, fostering unity, and working towards a better future for all. And with this, I rest my case. #FocusOnWhatMatters #CulturalRespect #UnityInDiversity ❤️👍🙏

Previous thread: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video)
https://www.nairaland.com/8048257/ahmed-musa-rejects-hand-shake

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by naptu2: 1:50pm On Apr 02
Semiu Okanlawon (S-OK) @sokanlawon

I have seen a video where the very rich Alhaji Dantata offered his hands to some men and they didn’t shake him. In the North, this doesn’t translate to disrespect. Cultures differ

https://twitter.com/sokanlawon/status/1775139692243038613?t=qEo6Jz6P9HnmA0ABGA0awg&s=19

Tinubu Bows To Greet Aminu Dantata, Governors Could Not Shake Him (Video)
https://www.nairaland.com/6862817/tinubu-bows-greet-aminu-dantata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p6_jVNZwDo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by 123456789O: 1:51pm On Apr 02
Social media sef

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Ofunaofu: 1:58pm On Apr 02
Well explained

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Penguin2: 2:06pm On Apr 02
Ofunaofu:
Well explained
He didn’t explain anything.

He just went on long vituperation instead of addressing the issue.

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

He probably has corn 🌽 in Agbada😏

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by inoki247: 2:28pm On Apr 02
You get time ..

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by santaclaws: 2:29pm On Apr 02
I blame Nigerian bloggers for this... they do anything to gain traffic. Everyone who's familiar with northern culture knows it's considered humility when you bow or kneel instead of shaking hands with someone older or of higher social status.

Nigerians always claim to be smart, but when the slightest things happen, you see people talking senselessly online without engaging their thinking faculty 🙄

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by dawnomike(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02
Apt and sound!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by id4sho(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02
Stupid man undecided, damage control. You squat to great a elderly person. If he gives you a hand shake, you then reciprocate.

Am a full breed northerner

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Richtaiwo: 2:29pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

Ipob and logic are lightyears apart. You understand his mind more than him. You also understand his culture more than him. Meanwhile, even the governors action indicates acknowledgement of the cultural respect. This is how they see white but insist it is black. Example is telling us obi is competent when everyone knows he was the worst governor ever exist in Nigeria.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Ramon92: 2:29pm On Apr 02
The modern African has lost his traditions and culture, so blinded to the point of stupidity that traditional things that don't conform with idiotic western values are seen as abnormal.

Brainwashed by Netflix, CNN, Hollywood and Musk's monthly pittance..

Good one by Ahmed Musa by sticking to his traditions..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02
Peter Obi/Ahmed Musa for 2027!

cool

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by superCleanworks(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02
Social media will start the third world war

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by ednut1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02
The hustle for twitter engagements has made some mad.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by enemyofprogress: 2:31pm On Apr 02
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Bench warmer
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Alexis11: 2:31pm On Apr 02
Ahmed Musa should ignore trolls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:31pm On Apr 02
grin
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:31pm On Apr 02
superCleanworks:
Social media will start the third world war
dey play!
cool
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Alexis11: 2:31pm On Apr 02
MichaelSokoto:
Peter Obi/Ahmed Musa for 2027!

cool

2039 you mean??

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by festacman(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02
When an elderly man extends his hands to shake you as a young man, you should do well to respectfully reciprocate by shaking it with a bowing gesture rather than allowing the hand hanging. But, never extend your hand first as a young person.

So, I don't understand this explanation but since the governor didn't go ballistic on Ahmed Musa but was laughing with him, it's ok for me.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by blowjohn(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Ahmed Musa (MON) (OON) @Ahmedmusa718

Previous thread: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video)
https://www.nairaland.com/8048257/ahmed-musa-rejects-hand-shake

Arise tv again.

Very useless news channel.

I saw how biased they were during th pre elections period.

No wonder that cross river legislator walked out on them yesterday or so

12 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Obaofaba: 2:32pm On Apr 02
Arise tv is a propaganda platform of enemies of Nigeria.

I'm not expecting anything good from that outlet .

Very unprofessional.

9 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Morbeta11(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02
Social media .....If not for Slama that VDM just visited, he also would have twisted the narrative to conspiracy theories....Ahmed abeg don't mind them.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Vikelo1212: 2:33pm On Apr 02
Let us talk about relevant issues.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by emmabest2000(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02
Musa manner is top notch

Social media and make up stories

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by BeardGangJnr1(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

U are Dumb...but what's more worrisome is you are yet to realize that you a Dumb

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:

2039 you mean??
grin

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Elzazzi: 2:34pm On Apr 02
From the video you can tell it’s sign of respect. I don’t know why it was blown out of proportion by the media

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Papayaayasager(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02
So why didn't he kneel and shake him then since it is rooted in their tradition?
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Winning123: 2:35pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:

2039 you mean??

2039 would be too early. 4039 appears most appropriate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

​Red Star Belgrade Ride Army Tank To Celebrate Champions League Qualification / What's The Best Poker Variant? / Arsenal Sign Pierre-emerick Aubameyang From Borussia Dortmund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.