Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? (1006 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 9:23am On Apr 04
Fellow Nairalanders,

Make una follow me look this traditional marriage list wey me and my friends go collect some days ago. ( Location - one community like that outside Abakaliki ,Ebonyi State.)

Does this family really want this lady to get married at all ?

What kind of family is this abeg ? All they are after is drinks , drinks and money. No clothing's, no food stuffs.

Those things they listed there is with the intention to monetize them.

Bride price! - 2 cows and Six goats !! ... When no be king/president Pikin we wan marry.

Even the list, before we could get the list, we spent more than 70+ cash to collect this marriage list.

Even if the suitor is not from the same tribe with the lady, it should not be like this.

This is pure exploitation !

My Guy never get himself since that day. Emergency Fever catch the guy. πŸ˜†

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by madone: 9:27am On Apr 04
This is ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by EreluRoz: 9:32am On Apr 04
This is too much, are they selling their daughter?

I'm not ok with this type of thing, it smells greed greed

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Nemesis0147(m): 9:45am On Apr 04
They never ready

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Treasure17(m): 9:49am On Apr 04
This is just too extreme. A leg of antelope and two cows? Except she's a virgin. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 11:59am On Apr 04
Treasure17:
This is just too extreme. A leg of antelope and two cows? Except she's a virgin. grin
.. Even at that, this is just greed and exploitation.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by fyzaila: 5:26pm On Apr 04
It is the "first reading " for me πŸ˜„πŸ˜†
Tell your guy to wait for second or third reading maybe they'll adjust it abit πŸ˜‰
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by jmoore(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04
Forget about what is written. Just ask them how much is enough to monetize the list.

If they mention 1 million naira or above, then you know what to do.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 9:58pm On Apr 04
And the "pussy" in question fit don loose alignment. Damn!!πŸ₯±

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Bullfallo(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05
Marriage na scam. Why waste money for this list when you can get white lady for free

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:33am On Apr 06
Hey... He don collect list. Hian...

Nothing wrong cos it's everything in the list that will be used to cook for the ceremony . So, its ok.

Congrats Henri.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Divoc19(f): 10:00am On Apr 06
The Cows and Goats spoilt this beautiful list.
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:50am On Apr 06
Don't be silly. This is a very considerate list. Besides, the things written on there can be argued which makes it fun.

Instead of providing 6 cartons of Amstel Malt, tell them you can provide only 2. Instead of providing 2 cows and 2 goats, tell them you can provide one each of the cow and goat or two goats or even one of either. The trick is to be as honest and plain as possible. Do not claim to be what you aren't. No unnecessary show-offs. Claim to be an upcoming guy if you must. You know what you want and your fiancee has to spearhead this project most importantly. She will be the mediator to her parents who in turn will make things easy for you as far as they are considerate. You cannot do this alone. You should have Umunnas β€” depending on your tribe. They will be at the forefront for you.

These are one of the things we do for love, so I do not know why you are bickering. Or would you just throw away years of investments of relationship because of a cosmetic list which in the end, you may end up giving just half of? Don't be a chicken.

The list given in my place is about 3 pages, in funny cases, 4. And in the end, you do not even pay half of a page. In their words "we no dey marry woman finish". The hack is to firstly, have a considerate to-be in-laws and a vocal/assertive/supportive fiancee, then the rest is a done deal. The others can be bypassed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06
Jewessgratitud3:
Hey... He don collect list. Hian...

Nothing wrong cos it's everything in the list that will be used to cook for the ceremony . So, its ok.

Congrats Henri.
... Sebi nothing dey wrong with the 2 cows and 6 goats ..18,16,18 gallons of palm wine ? For this jagaban period.

Them dey give list like say them dey sell their daughter.

That antelope leg inside that list, if them wan monetize am, them go tell you say na 100k.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06
UyaiIncomparabl:
Don't be silly. This is a very considerate list. Besides, the things written on there can be argued which makes it fun.

Instead of providing 6 cartons of Amstel Malt, tell them you can provide only 2. Instead of providing 2 cows and 2 goats, tell them you can provide one each of the cow and goat or two goats or even one of either. The trick is to be as honest and plain as possible. Do not claim to be what you aren't. No unnecessary show-offs. Claim to be an upcoming guy if you must. You know what you want and your fiancee has to spearhead this project most importantly. She will be the mediator to her parents who in turn will make things easy for you as far as they are considerate. You cannot do this alone. You should have Umunnas β€” depending on your tribe. They will be at the forefront for you.

These are one of the things we do for love, so I do not know why you are bickering. Or would you just throw away years of investments of relationship because of a cosmetic list which in the end, you may end up giving just half of? Don't be a chicken.

The list given in my place is about 3 pages, in funny cases, 4. And in the end, you do not even pay half of a page. In their words "we no dey marry woman finish". The hack is to firstly, have a considerate to-be in-laws and a vocal/assertive/supportive fiancee, then the rest is a done deal. The others can be bypassed.
Which one be don't be silly kwa?

This family look like difficult one. We know what we coughed out of our pockets before they could release the list.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:48pm On Apr 06
henrimoto:
... Sebi nothing dey wrong with the 2 cows and 6 goats ..18,16,18 gallons of palm wine ? For this jagaban period.

Them dey give list like say them dey sell their daughter.

That antelope leg inside that list, if them wan monetize am, them go tell you say na 100k.

No be you wan marry abi dem force you? tongue

If your power no fit carry list shey na marriage e go come carry? Biko go and settle ndi umu Nna cool
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:39pm On Apr 06
henrimoto:
Which one be don't be silly kwa?

This family look like difficult one. We know what we coughed out of our pockets before they could release the list.

How much did you cough out?
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Beremx(f): 8:21pm On Apr 06
Let's assume a cow is a million naira, that means two cows is two million naira. Only for bride price?

Oga carry your woman run. Get her pregnant and let her have kids. After she must have had two kids, go back and do the marriage rites. I swear, they will not bill you heavy. Dem dey craze?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Acidosis(m): 8:33pm On Apr 06
Whoever is behind that list should be locked up in prison ASAP. You are demanding not just one, but two cows (2 million) and six goats? Hehe

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by EreluRoz: 8:38pm On Apr 06
Acidosis:
Whoever is behind that list should be locked up in prison ASAP. You are demanding not just one, but two cows (2 million) and six goats? Hehe
Love will make you buy it before you realize. Stop forming James bond, you buy am when e reach
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Acidosis(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06
EreluRoz:
Love will make you buy it before you realize. Stop forming James bond, you buy am when e reach

I'm a man of principles. And no, love won't make me buy it. Love is not manipulation.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by zed7: 6:09am On Apr 07
The number of above 30, beautiful and employed women I meet all the time is alarming. What is really going on? There are more unmarried ladies in their 30s now in Nigeria than the married ones.

Family greed, personal greed and wokeness is going to be the cause of the end of the marriage institution in this country.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by EreluRoz: 6:30am On Apr 07
Acidosis:

I'm a man of principles. And no, love won't make me buy it. Love is not manipulation.
Na so una Dy talk. Who takes a man's words seriously, just wait for their actions and get a shocker.
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 9:11am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
.. You know as our pocket be ? Abi them tell you say na yahoo boys we be ? Abi na senator you think say we be..

Make love pack one side first. That list is not reasonable.
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 9:13am On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:

How much did you cough out?
You wan give us back ni ?
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 9:21am On Apr 07
Jewessgratitud3:

No be you wan marry abi dem force you? tongue

If your power no fit carry list shey na marriage e go come carry? Biko go and settle ndi umu Nna cool
You, your mouth ku ku no good before,.. i go find reply gi you later.

Na Sunday morning be this.
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:34am On Apr 07
henrimoto:
You, your mouth ku ku no good before,.. i go find reply gi you later.

Na Sunday morning be this.

Abeg don't come for me o. Na sincere advice I give you and if you don't like it you face front.

By the way, how is our wife? cheesy.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Goodnewsforlife: 10:00am On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:

were u not d thief that scammed greatresearcher?

U get mouth talk now
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by Goodnewsforlife: 10:02am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
love doesn’t replenish finance, if u spend foolishly cos of love u will regret it
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 10:24am On Apr 07
Jewessgratitud3:

Abeg don't come for me o. Na sincere advice I give you and if you don't like it you face front.

By the way, how is our wife? cheesy.

Which wife ? ... The wan wey them tell us to bring 2 cow and six goats as bride price ?

We still dey think am.
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by henrimoto(m): 10:50am On Apr 07
@caaz

@ahnie

..come chuk mouth for this marriage list matter. How isoko own dey be ?
Re: What Do You Call This Kind Of Traditional Marriage List ? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:41am On Apr 07
Goodnewsforlife:
were u not d thief that scammed greatresearcher?

U get mouth talk now

Who is this lunatic? And who TF is that lunatic too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Think This Affect Me. / Critical Situation! Pls Help Out! / A Mothers Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.