Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

What Is Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life? (246 Views)

Jesus Christ Is Life; And You Say He Is Not God? / What Is Life? / Such Is Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Life? by Gift96: 10:01pm On Apr 04
Have you ever thought about it? What exactly is this thing called life? We can explain life as the period from birth to death and the events in-between this time frame.

But What exactly is the purpose of life. I feel like we are just in a game.
Re: What Is Life? by gohf: 4:38pm On Apr 05
Gift96:
Have you ever thought about it? What exactly is this thing called life? We can explain life as the period from birth to death and the events in-between this time frame.

the purpose of this life on earth is a preparation for eternal life. Now while some perish because they fail, some succeed because they achieve this temporarys life's purpose which is to love.

To love and love genuine, to the point you give your temporary life for that which is good and right.

This is the simplest answer I could give you, my apologies if it isn't sufficient enough 😊
Re: What Is Life? by Gift96: 5:45pm On Apr 05
gohf:
the purpose of this life on earth is a preparation for eternal life. Now while some perish because they fail, some succeed because they achieve this temporarys life's purpose which is to love.

To love and love genuine, to the point you give your temporary life for that which is good and right.

This is the simplest answer I could give you, my apologies if it isn't sufficient enough 😊

Thank you for taking interest in my post.
You said life was centered on coming to seek for eternal life so that one will not perish. You also said life is about genuine love.

Before we were born, I believe we were existing. If that is right, we must have been existing in a place of eternal life, a place full of profound Truth and Love.
So why would I come to Earth to fight for what I was already having in "Pre-Life"? .

I asked about "what is this thing called life" because of my observations about "time".
Time makes everything feel so real yet time is a lie. If you plant a bean seed in a pot, it starts a process of growth.
There are four stages in the life cycle of a bean plant: seed, germination, leaf growth, and flowering. I feel, just like bean flowering stage, every human, is mentally subjected to trying to achieve our own flowering stage.

Everybody is in a rush or flow to achieve one thing or the other, we Want to "flower".

Now what happens after we have "flowered"? or unable to flower despite several struggles?
I feel like we are conditioned by time to do everything but time isn't real when you take a critical look at it because humans have a "pre-life". Humans have been pre-existing before coming to this life.
So what is this thing called life?
Re: What Is Life? by Lucifyre: 6:26pm On Apr 05
The purpose of life?? Truth is no one knows. What you get are mere hypothesis and subjective opinions at best. Absolutely no one knows our purpose here.
Re: What Is Life? by capnies: 7:11pm On Apr 05
WHERE YOU'RE GETTING IT WRONG IS THE NOTION THAT YOU WERE EXISTING SOMEWHERE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN; NOTHING LIKE THAT, YOUR LIFE STARTS AT BIRTH, JUST LIKE OTHER CREATURES THAT ARE NOT HUMANS.
READ ECCLESIASTES 3-18-21
Re: What Is Life? by Steep: 8:14pm On Apr 05
Gift96:

The purpose of life can only be found in Christ Jesus. Jesus said " I am the way, the truth and the life" True life can only be found in christ that is knowing the father and the Son.
We were made to live in union with God(eternal life). It is only where we are come into the saving knowledge of Jesus christ and his father will life truly makes sense.
Re: What Is Life? by Gift96: 9:03pm On Apr 05
capnies:
WHERE YOU'RE GETTING IT WRONG IS THE NOTION THAT YOU WERE EXISTING SOMEWHERE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN; NOTHING LIKE THAT, YOUR LIFE STARTS AT BIRTH, JUST LIKE OTHER CREATURES THAT ARE NOT HUMANS.
READ ECCLESIASTES 3-18-21

That script you are quoting was writing by someone just like you. You are also an authority and can determine what is true based on observable facts.
Re: What Is Life? by Veecruz: 7:55am On Apr 06
Gift96:

To Live!
Re: What Is Life? by Veecruz: 7:58am On Apr 06
gohf:
the purpose of this life on earth is a preparation for eternal life. ..

Wrong! We already have eternal life but people by their iving are burning it up candle from both ends style.
Re: What Is Life? by Veecruz: 8:05am On Apr 06
Gift96:

Before we were born, I believe we were existing. If that is right, we must have been existing in a place of eternal life, a place full of profound Truth and Love.
So why would I come to Earth to fight for what I was already having in "Pre-Life"? .

Are you the one that brought yourself to earth? No, You simply found yourself here.

So clearly you were not existing before you came to earth else you would have known your purpose of coming to earth since you were the one who brought yourself here.
Re: What Is Life? by Veecruz: 8:10am On Apr 06
Steep:
The purpose of life can only be found in Christ Jesus. Jesus said " I am the way, the truth and the life" True life can only be found in christ that is knowing the father and the Son.

See, respectfuly, you contradicted.yourself. Purpose of life is not the same as Life or "True Life" as you called it.
Re: What Is Life? by God2man2again(m): 11:30am On Apr 06
As written in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Fear God and keep his commandments.
Re: What Is Life? by Emmanuel30a2: 12:55pm On Apr 06
Lucifyre:
The purpose of life?? Truth is no one knows. What you get are mere hypothesis and subjective opinions at best. Absolutely no one knows our purpose here.
Whatever!
Re: What Is Life? by gohf: 3:55pm On Apr 06
Gift96:

Thank you for taking interest in my post.
You said life was centered on coming to seek for eternal life so that one will not perish. You also said life is about genuine love.

I asked about "what is this thing called life" because of my observations about "time".
Time makes everything feel so real yet time is a lie. If you plant a bean seed in a pot, it starts a process of growth.
There are four stages in the life cycle of a bean plant: seed, germination, leaf growth, and flowering. I feel,
just like bean flowering stage, every human, mentally subjected try to achieve our own flowering stage.
Everybody is in a rush or flow to achieve one thing or the other, we Want to "flower".

Now what happens after we have "flowered" or unable to flower despite several struggles?
I feel like we are conditioned by time to do everything but time isn't real when you take a critical look at it because humans have a "pre-life". Humans have been pre-existing before coming to this life. So what is this thing called life?

Well first off, you are welcome 🤗

Okay first off, preparation and seeking are two different things. Just like preparing to take over a business is different from seeking a business. But yes in a way we seek first the kingdom of God and we also prepare for it's coming.

I don't know where you got the story of pre-life from so how do I answer something based on your own belief? If what you believe is true then why are you confused?
Don't you think such a thing is wrong, pre life, that you lived in eternal life etc etc.

Now you say time is a lie, how is it a lie, when it is consistent flowing from past to present and possible future. How exactly does time lie when it doesn't speak? Or time will tell, well isn't that because the truth stands the test of time and doesn't fade away.

So in the context of your idealogy what does it mean to flower? You don't even answer your own thought about flowering.

But you base your question on a possible wrong premise that you had pre-life.

What do you call that which is before life, if it isn't God the creator, the origin of life, since what is called after life is death to most what do you call pre life?
Re: What Is Life? by gohf: 3:59pm On Apr 06
Lucifyre:
I answered it already. If life had no purpose then there would be no judgement to how we use it. But because there's judgement, then there is purpose.

If we are judged rightly by fulfilling that purpose it means discovering that purpose is possible. and the one who created life is the one who defines it's possible.

Our purpose is to do the will of God, and God wills that we love, we care, we work, provide and replenish, multiply and be bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Is Life? by gohf: 4:00pm On Apr 06
Gift96:

That script you are quoting was writing by someone just loke you. You are also an authority and can determine what is true based on observable facts.
so why then do you ask the purpose of life? Why haven't you observed it?
Re: What Is Life? by Lucifyre: 6:36pm On Apr 06
gohf:
I answered it already. If life had no purpose then there would be no judgement to how we use it. But because there's judgement, then there is purpose.

If we are judged rightly by fulfilling that purpose it means discovering that purpose is possible. and the one who created life is the one who defines it's possible.

Our purpose is to do the will of God, and God wills that we love, we care, we work, provide and replenish, multiply and be bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Like i said hypothesis and subjective opinions. Non of what you said can be proven with hard objective facts. Absolutely non.
Re: What Is Life? by Veecruz: 7:46pm On Apr 06
Lucifyre:

Like i said hypothesis and subjective opinions. Non of what you said can be proven with hard objective facts. Absolutely non.

It is already proven all over the world that every activity we do is always under Judgment so, you are just deluding yourself cos you already know that The Judgment will be horrorfull and very very bad for you
Re: What Is Life? by gohf: 8:18pm On Apr 06
Lucifyre:

how can you believe when you already believe it is absolutely unprovable.

You wall yourself in and expect someone else to get you out but once anyone breaks that wall you go and rebuild it again. It means you don't want to get out, yet you complain of the very wall you built yourself.
Re: What Is Life? by Lucifyre: 9:07pm On Apr 06
gohf:
how can you believe when you already believe it is absolutely unprovable.

You wall yourself in and expect someone else to get you out but once anyone breaks that wall you go and rebuild it again. It means you don't want to get out, yet you complain of the very wall you built yourself.

Quite simple really, prove it then. No plenty talk.
Re: What Is Life? by Lucifyre: 9:13pm On Apr 06
Veecruz:

It is already proven all over the world that every activity we do is always under Judgment so, you are just deluding yourself cos you already know that The Judgment will be horrorfull and very very bad for you

Its a simple thing show proofs with hard objective facts or keep ur fear mongering for simple minded smooth brains like urself.
Re: What Is Life? by Veecruz: 9:34pm On Apr 06
Lucifyre:

Its a simple thing show proofs with hard objective facts or keep ur fear mongering for simple minded smooth brains like urself.

Nepa increased tarrif are we not judging them? Or bobrisky who won women competition are we not judging him? Or isreal pounding palestine, are they not being judged?

Delude yourself cos you already know that if Anyone should Judge you, you are finished. And did anyone call you to this thread? You came in your own so, it is your guilt that is tormenting you with fear, telling you that you are finished. No one called you, it is your condemned soul that is disturbing you.
Re: What Is Life? by Iamanoited: 12:59am On Apr 07
LIFE IS FEELING THINKING REASONING ACTING INTERACTING AND MOVEMENTS.
Re: What Is Life? by gohf: 9:10am On Apr 07
Lucifyre:

Quite simple really, prove it then. No plenty talk.
ermmm, why should I?
Re: What Is Life? by Lucifyre: 12:43pm On Apr 07
Veecruz:

Nepa increased tarrif are we not judging them? Or bobrisky who won women competition are we not judging him? Or isreal pounding palestine, are they not being judged?

Delude yourself cos you already know that if Anyone should Judge you, you are finished. And did anyone call you to this thread? You came in your own so, it is your guilt that is tormenting you with fear, telling you that you are finished. No one called you, it is your condemned soul that is disturbing you.

That's ur proof of "Spiritual Judgement" in the afterlife!😄 Ok seriously, i wasn't expecting anything sensible but wasn't expecting something obtuse either, quite typical. Anyways which of the gods is doing the condemning of souls... Is it Anu, Enki, Enlil, Marduk, Inanna, Ereshkigal, Ra, Hades Baal or let me guess El 🤔, the chief god of the pantheon of cannanite gods before assimilation into other ancient near east religions. No?! Yhwh right or his consort Asherah. Let's go with Yhwh then, the warrior god sure loves torture and condemnation as can be seen from his various genocides in the error ridden and historically inacurate Tanakh or Bible as you call it.

Anyways if there's going to be condemnation of souls y'all are already condemned 😁 cause you guys cant even agree on a single interpretation of your religious texts hence the tens of thousands of denominations interpreting their own variety of delusion. Would've been inclined to take a united front more seriously but at least 40000 different denominations with varying interpretations!!! Nah... I prefer to watch you guys in your mental box participate in your differing illusions and delusions. I'll watch from the sidelines, thank u very much. You guys could do home and away. Maybe god of catholics tortures erring pentecostals and then god of pentecosals tortures erring catholics. Big joke.
Re: What Is Life? by Lucifyre: 12:48pm On Apr 07
gohf:
ermmm, why should I?

You simply cannot ergo looking for an out. Typical.
Re: What Is Life? by vdestro: 1:15pm On Apr 07
Lucifyre:

That's ur proof of "Spiritual Judgement" in the afterlife!😄 Ok seriously, i wasn't expecting anything sensible but wasn't expecting something obtuse either, quite typical.

When your wife does you back and cheats on you because you cheated on her did that judgment physically touch you?

You are both physical and spiritual, so you are just deceiving yourself,

(1) (Reply)

Court Fines Actress, Halima Abubakar N10m For Defaming Apostle Suleman / Presidency Pledges To Discover And Rebuff Killers Of Female Evangelist / August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.