Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS (397 Views)

Created An Html And Css Template After Learning Web Dev / After Learning Programming What Next?? / After Learning Java, What Next? How Do I Build Stand Alone Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 5:25am On Apr 06
Please help me, I'm stuck in this my tech journey.
I have always wanted to be a java developer.

So I have learnt core java and basics of html and CSS.
So I don't know the best way to move forward.

I want to learn how to connect html forms to my java code, how to connect to database using mysql, servelets etc.
I just want to learn and build my first web application that is powered by java and html, a web application that have a database.

Please what's the best way to go about it, if someone can tech me online or give me a clear roadmap, I will really appreciate it.

I'm stuck now and YouTube videos are not of help at this moment.
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by wittywriter: 6:05am On Apr 06
merison200:

I want to learn how to connect html forms to my java code, how to connect to database using mysql, servelets etc.
I just want to learn and build my first web application that is powered by java and html, a web application that have a database.

Please what's the best way to go about it, if someone can tech teach me online or give me a clear roadmap, I will really appreciate it.

You need a mentor that will hold you by the hand and show you the way to convert any tech skill to an income means.
One of the major challenges in life for most skilled personnel is the know-how to earn with their skill(s).
I can link you to a mentor that earns with tech skills ...if you are willing and ready to achieve establishing an online income means...BTW it'll likely be a paid mentorship but what is certain is that you'll learn the ropes towards earning with the tech skill be it online and offline.

So drop your digits and you'll be reached.

Wittyness
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 8:18am On Apr 06
wittywriter:

You need a mentor that will hold you by the hand and show you the way to convert any tech skill to an income means.
One of the major challenges in life for most skilled personnel is the know-how to earn with their skill(s).
I can link you to a mentor that earns with tech skills ...if you are willing and ready to achieve establishing an online income means...BTW it'll likely be a paid mentorship but what is certain is that you'll learn the ropes towards earning with the tech skill be it online and offline.

Wittyness

I really appreciate your response but I'm not looking forward to convert my skills now.
I'm still learning, you can't be a backend developer without learning those things I mentioned above.

08108814892 that's my number.
You can connect me to the mentor you're talking about too.
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by Caracarn: 8:34am On Apr 06
merison200

One of the most important skills you need to develop as a software developer or techie in general is the ability to independently search for the resources and information you need on the internet (Google). As a developer on the job you will encounter problems beyond anything you will learn through courses or tutorials. So you need to start now to learn how to use Google very well.

Here's a video on the Java full-stack developer roadmap. You just need to watch from the start to about 2:25 for the roadmap, the rest is mostly adverts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8t0iBQvRQ

Also I would advise you to follow FreeCodeCamp. Their website and Youtube channel are filled with lots of learning materials and videos related to Java and Full-stack development. Pick one video watch and practice to the end before going to the next. This will help you avoid overwhelming yourself.

Here's one video for Java Spring Boot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rNk7m_zlAg

As you are learning it is important to build projects and host them. Find tutorial videos where they build projects and follow along. Find out how to host your projects using free hosting sites like Netlify, Vercel, Render etc.

Good Luck!

3 Likes

Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 12:28pm On Apr 06
Caracarn:
merison200

One of the most important skills you need to develop as a software developer or techie in general is the ability to independently search for the resources and information you need on the internet (Google). As a developer on the job you will encounter problems beyond anything you will learn through courses or tutorials. So you need to start now to learn how to use Google very well.

Here's a video on the Java full-stack developer roadmap. You just need to watch from the start to about 2:25 for the roadmap, the rest is mostly adverts.

Also I would advise you to follow FreeCodeCamp. Their website and Youtube channel are filled with lots of learning materials and videos related to Java and Full-stack development. Pick one video watch and practice to the end before going to the next. This will help you avoid overwhelming yourself.

As you are learning it is important to build projects and host them. Find tutorial videos where they build projects and follow along. Find out how to host your projects using free hosting sites like Netlify, Vercel, Render etc.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much, I will see the video now.
I'm just overwhelmed and those yt videos are not connecting with each other.

Thank you for your kind advice.
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by tosinhtml: 2:43pm On Apr 06
merison200:

Please what's the best way to go about it, if someone can tech me online or give me a clear roadmap, I will really appreciate it.

You sound like someone who learnt programming from NIIT. Learning servlets is a waste of time, learn how to use Java Spring Framework and build a proper web application, you can start with a shopping application.

Forget about using videos to learn for now, It will waste your time a lot. Go to Tutorials point, search for Java Spring tutorial, then build a web application with it.

Create a Github account and post your projects, that is how you start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by Nastydroid(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06
merison200:

1. Learn the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.(Not indept, but basics. On a scale of 10, It should be 5,5 and 6 respectively).

2. Pick up Java. Don't compromise the basics. Learn the syntax and semantics well.

3. Pick up Spring/Spring Boot Frameworks(Understand the MVC)

4. Learn a database. MySQL is ok.

5. Learn Unit testing (This will set you apart and get employers interested in you)

6. Learn Maven, hibernate, JPA and Maven(These are just implementation processes. Don't be scared. After you learn the basics, you can pick this in 3weeks)

7. Most important part: Build at least two solid projects that implement all the above. Two sold projects are better than vague 10 random projects.

I got this from Hannian Post

2 Likes

Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by Raymondson(m): 12:37pm On Apr 11
wittywriter:

Wittyness

Don't do any business with this boy. He is a scammer. He is the mentor that you scan you
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by Wbuser21: 12:38am On Apr 12
merison200:

Personally I'm a javascript dev but I know springboot will be part of your journey but these are things you can always google up you just have to sit and do the research
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 1:37pm On Apr 13
tosinhtml:

You sound like someone who learnt programming from NIIT. Learning servlets is a waste of time, learn how to use Java Spring Framework and build a proper web application, you can start with a shopping application.

Forget about using videos to learn for now, It will waste your time a lot. Go to Tutorials point, search for Java Spring tutorial, then build a web application with it.

Create a Github account and post your projects, that is how you start.

Thank you for this information.
I have started learning java spring and I will update my progress.
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 1:40pm On Apr 13
Raymondson:

Don't do any business with this boy. He is a scammer. He is the mentor that you scan you
He have chatted me already, I found out he's not real.
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 1:41pm On Apr 13
Nastydroid:

1. Learn the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.(Not indept, but basics. On a scale of 10, It should be 5,5 and 6 respectively).

2. Pick up Java. Don't compromise the basics. Learn the syntax and semantics well.

3. Pick up Spring/Spring Boot Frameworks(Understand the MVC)

4. Learn a database. MySQL is ok.

5. Learn Unit testing (This will set you apart and get employers interested in you)

6. Learn Maven, hibernate, JPA and Maven(These are just implementation processes. Don't be scared. After you learn the basics, you can pick this in 3weeks)

7. Most important part: Build at least two solid projects that implement all the above. Two sold projects are better than vague 10 random projects.

I got this from Hannian Post
Thank you senior dev.
Re: What Next After Learning Core JAVA, HTML And CSS by merison200: 1:43pm On Apr 13
Caracarn:
merison200

Good Luck!
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

FREE WEBINAR: Chatbot 101. Everything You Need To Know To Get Into Chatbots / 4 Most Important Features Of Transport Management System Software / JavaScriprt person to person or learning own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.