Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Battle Within - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Battle Within (51 Views)

Winning The Battle Within Chris Oyakhilome / The Battle Within.... / Winning The Battle Within (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Battle Within by RoyalUc(m): 1:42pm On Apr 07
The late Lucky Dube, in one of his songs said; "Bob Marley said for how long shall they kill our Prophets while we stand aside and look but little did he know that one day the enemies will stand aside and look while we kill ourselves."

This painfully describes the state the church of Christ is today.
The social media is a custodian of the evidence of how our various churches and pulpits have become our choice strategic positions from where we launch missiles against our 'brother-enemies'.

Today, it's one Father of Faith viciously, mischievously, maliciously and angrily attacking another Father of Faith, tomorrow another fires at another.
"The SHORT MAN from UYO" who "has a SMALL CHURCH in UYO" and doesn't understand spiritual things dares not disbelieve another Father of Faith who drank tea with God when even God Himself said He will come in to us and dine with us. Thus, some Fathers of Faith, while defending or fighting for a BIGGER FATHER OF FAITH with a BIGGER CHURCH in BIGGER CITIES ridicule and disdain another Father of Faith doing ministry in a SMALL and LOCAL TOWN.

PFN, CAN and other Christian Organizations busy themselves with confronting Companies or Agencies of Government for felicitating with Christians with harmless messages perceived as blasphemous because they are not supposed to be in the RING. They are to stand aside and look while the Fathers of Faith do the fighting. So, PFN and CAN are akin to the powerless and helpless REFEREES in the RING.

What are Children of Faith like us supposed to do now? Learn the habit of anger, bitterness, enmity and throwing of abuses even from EXALTED ALTARS from our Fathers and fight each other to a standstill or become HOLIER than them by learning from Jesus as taught in the scriptures? What exactly are our Fathers of Faith teaching us?

Paul would admonish:
"Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth." 2 Timothy 2:23-25

And to those of us who believe it is our duty to call out wrong Teachers or teachings, scripture says we should "do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear...because you belong to Christ." 1 Peter 3:16

One irony of life is that those of us who often criticize or should I say, correct others, often find it hard to receive corrections and those who easily point out the wrong in another person hardly tolerate those who point out the wrong in them.

Dear Fathers and Children of Faith, this is what the scripture says;
"Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ." Ephesians 4:11-13

Brethren, do you, in all sincerity, think we are headed in this direction or straying further away from it?
Are you using your gift as the wisest, most powerful, most knowledgeable Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor or Teacher in equipping God’s people and building up the church or edifying of the body of Christ till WE ALL come in the UNITY OF THE FAITH, and of the KNOWLEDGE of the Son of God, or we are more concerned in our persons and positions?

It's time to rethink our motives and actions. It's time to stop this, as Paul would put it, "foolish discussions about spiritual pedigrees or in quarrels and fights... these things are useless and a waste of time."

Today, while those outside the family sit quietly in their corners, we tell our pitiable conditions to them in Gath (Facebook) and publish it in the streets of Askelon (YouTube), giving the daughters of the Philistines something to rejoice about and the daughters of the uncircumcised something to triumph over and the name of our God is blasphemed among the Heathens through us.

But O LORD! Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
We may be experiencing 'revival' in the area of financial and material prosperity and in building of Stadium-like Cathedrals. We may be experiencing 'revival' in the 'Gospel Music Industry' to the point of winning Grammy and Special Awards. We may be experiencing 'revival' in 'Rhema' and 'Knowledge,' "...but while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church." Yes dear fathers and children of faith, it is love that edifies the church! And "If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing."
We therefore need the revival of LOVE AND UNITY in the body of Christ.

My brother Caesar did a song many years ago which, translating to English says: "It's because of the love God had for the world that made Him send His son to die for the world but today, that love is no longer found in the Church. Let it be HARD to you LORD that the death of Christ will be in vain. Far be it from you that the death of Christ will be for nothing!"

But my consolation in all this is that "no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones." And "upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
A GREAT REVIVAL IS COMING!

(1) (Reply)

The Testament Of Joseph - 2 / How To Be A Good Christian Wife / Rising Above The Clouds: How To Break A Depression Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.