Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control (201 Views)

Installation Of 1.7kva 24v And 4units Of 220amp Tubular Batteries At Ikota, Lekk / Get Your Original Inverters, Deep Cycle Batteries And Solar Panels / 1.5KVA Luminous Inverter With Tubular Batteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by sow4me(m): 4:52pm On Apr 08
Hello good evening guys,

Been having this issue with my inverter a while now.

I got this system some months back but iv been having with the charging

I have a 220 ah battery,
A 350 watts x2
A 60amps pwm charge control, and i make use of a UPS instead of an inverter system.

Now the issue is my battery gets full on time, doesn't go upto 12.8 volts when full as it remains on 12 or less than; also the pwm charge control lately gives me a E - 03 error code on the screen almost all the time

I need experts to chip in one or two ideas pls so i know what to do next 🙏
Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by Penuelseun(m): 8:36pm On Apr 08
sow4me:
Hello good evening guys,

Been having this issue with my inverter a while now.

I got this system some months back but iv been having with the charging

I have a 220 ah battery,
A 350 watts x2
A 60amps pwm charge control, and i make use of a UPS instead of an inverter system.

Now the issue is my battery gets full on time, doesn't go upto 12.8 volts when full as it remains on 12 or less than; also the pwm charge control lately gives me a E - 03 error code on the screen almost all the time

I need experts to chip in one or two ideas pls so i know what to do next 🙏
Your battery gets to what voltage when full? The pwm controller cannot serve you well on a 350w × 2 setup, you need an mppt controller
Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by sow4me(m): 10:48am On Apr 09
Penuelseun:
Your battery gets to what voltage when full? The pwm controller cannot serve you well on a 350w × 2 setup, you need an mppt controller

Im working towards getting the mppt. Just quite expensive

But then what could the E-03 error code mean sir?
Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by Polaris1: 1:41pm On Apr 09
12v is too low for inverter batteries.

Error 03 is battery under voltage.

1. Cleanup and tighten connections to battery terminals.
2. Make sure you select tubular battery charging profile on your charge controller.
3. Try not to deep-cycle your battery often.
4. Buy a multimeter to double check battery voltage regularly.

Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by sow4me(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09
Polaris1:

2. Make sure you select tubular battery charging profile on your charge controller.

Battety under voltage means what pls?
Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by Penuelseun(m): 6:08am On Apr 10
sow4me:

Battety under voltage means what pls?
battery voltage getting too low
Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by sow4me(m): 7:46am On Apr 10
Polaris1:

Tubular battery on a pwm charge control wld be what sir?

Im seeing Sld, Gel, and Fld.

Which of this 3 is for Tubular battery setup sir?
Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by Polaris1: 10:13am On Apr 10
Im seeing Sld, Gel, and Fld.
Sld = sealed
Gel = gel
Fld= flooded
(Tubular is flooded)
You can change your setting to Fld
Or
Manually set it to charge at 14.4v 20ah and float at 13.5v (you may need someone with experience to do this for you although instructions for this should be in the user manual of your pwm CC)

If your battery consistently reads 12v or less, it has been damaged by regular undercharging.

Recommended voltages should be printed on the battery. Example is:
Standby: 13.2- 13.6v
Cyclic: 14.2- 14.4v
(Check the label on your battery)

A good tubular should read 13.5v and never be left to reduce to 12v for extended time.

Deep cycling is using your battery from 13.5v till it drops to 12 or 10.5v
Your battery will not last long.

Shallow cycling is keeping the voltage between 13.5v and 12.7 or 12.5v
Your battery will be happy.

Mppt charge controller is better but expensive, try and maximize the potential of your pwm.

I hope your battery is not damaged already.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Knowledge On Tubular Batteries And Pwm Charge Control by Coolbriz: 3:48am On Apr 13
This is one of the major issues DIY have, the charge controller has not been setup proper.

Scroll through the menu of the charge controller and when it gets to panel voltage, hold down the menu key for 5seconds, then adjust to up to 15volts, hold down the menu key again to activate, check the float and absorbed voltage to adjust to maximum.

After these, allow your battery to charge for full day before use.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019 Macbook 13” 8/128gb 530k / Kate Volman's Steps To Influencing Local Communities / I Need A 4gigram For Dell Latitude E6420

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.