Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage (36482 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by DonDraper: 8:38am On Apr 09
šŸ”Ÿlessons I learnt in my 10years in marriagešŸ„‚

#1. Men crave honor, not just respect. He could get respect from his neighbor, colleagues, even a stranger.

#2. Lower your expectations from the start. Fairytales are fiction and doesn't last longer than a novel or movie length, marriage is a lifetime reality.

#3. You would both hurt yourselves more than you could ever imagine, and your capacities to forgive and love again would be tested. A lot of people don't survive the test.

#4. The likelihood that one spouse would be unfaithful at some point is higher than the statistics... Also It's more likely to be the man. These categories of women would cheat (a) the unrepented slot (b) the unattended or neglected (c) the scorned. The second category are lonely, and the last category just want to get even. Try not to break the trust, it's so difficult to repair.

#5. Children are a blessing from God, but always remember they are the icing and not the cake. They would grow, leave and cleave. Let them be your common interest and love binder, not your escape. May God bless you with your own children šŸ™

#6. Be intentional about fanning the flame of your love. It naturally goes out if you don't make the effort to keep it burning.

#7. If you two don't care about each other more than you care about yourselves, you are just flat mates.

#8. Women pls marry men you look up to. Women are drawn to some form of leadership and power. Dear man if you do not possess the one that fascinates the woman you are going for, you will share her eventually.

#9. Man, the only way you can remain the leader in that home is to be the provider. A woman can at best be a contributor, and if she provides it can only be temporary. Hustle my man!

#10. Most matters you take out to outsiders could have been resolved within yourselves. The people you are going out to don't have it any better. Your pastor is not a marriage counselor. Your friends are not the ones you got married to. Your parents have finished their job. Learn to communicate with each other, and resolve your issues.

In summary marriage can be Heaven on earth, or Hell. The way you lay your bed, so you must lie on it. Wish you well šŸ„‚

Chux Nnodim

284 Likes 41 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Depriest2020: 8:50am On Apr 09
You couldn't be more apt. šŸ‘Œ

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by thesicilian: 8:51am On Apr 09
Marriage is way overrated. As time goes on more and more men and women are going to stay away from getting married

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by SweetBuns(f): 8:59am On Apr 09
Best post I've seen on this forum this morning
Too good!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Balablue64: 9:11am On Apr 09
Marriage is overated and a scam.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Sonnobax15(m): 10:40am On Apr 09
lipsrsealed
Marriage isn't for everybody... and marriage has no special book or manual that guides it.... .the earlier you realize that,the better for you....

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Savedday2: 11:17am On Apr 09
My brother, sorry to be honest with you. If you haven't divorce your wife, you didn't learn anything in that marriage.

Women aren't capable of love/marriage. They are manipulators, using love/marriage as a trap. Kindly, get sense and stay away from love/marriage.

If you are married, divorce her immediately. The fact that she hasn't show you pepper/shege now doesn't means she wouldn't show you pepper.

Women are very pretentious in nature. They can pretend for 20, 30 or even 40years. But one thing is certain, that shege they are cooking for you, you must eat it when the time is right.

I want to advise you with all humidity, kindly divorce your wife, no matter how hard it is or how emotional you are. It's for your own good. Later you will understand.

If you aren't married, God is on your side. Never, ever allow any girl or your emotion to deceive you into marriage. If you want children, have baby mama or better still, adopt or use IVF if you can afford it.

Peace!

A word is enough for the wise.

37 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by CCIA: 11:19am On Apr 09
SweetBuns:
Too good!
How are those two buns of yours doing? cool

how about the meat pie? cool
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by KingLennon(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09
As a man, if God gives you a good wife who can manage your home; then God has buttered your bread. The children of jezebels I see around dis days, dey make me over fear o cheesy

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Obakoolex(m): 12:29pm On Apr 09
Most people that will comment here are not even married and struggling managing a relationship yet they will never learn from experienced couples.

147 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by maureensylvia(f): 2:43pm On Apr 09
Nice points

11. Find something doing, donā€™t relax to answer Oga wife, do something, bring something to the table

12. I learnt to keep quiet during argument because I know if I talk and he talks back, Iā€™ll feel more hurtā€¦
Itā€™s not every fight I should fight.
later on, I walk up to him and present my case, we resolve.

Marriage isnā€™t work, itā€™s commitment jare
Mine is 9 years in marriage

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 2:44pm On Apr 09
Men crave honor, not just respect. He could get respect from his neighbor, colleagues, even a stranger.

Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Before it is was men crave RESPECT, not LOVE.

Soon it would be WORSHIP.

Then same men would complain that women don't marry who they LOVE.

Tallesty1 and his brothers matter done tire me grin grin.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Sonnobax15(m): 2:44pm On Apr 09
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by folake4u(f): 2:45pm On Apr 09
pocohantas:
Lol. It is no more respect, now honour.

Goalpost don shift. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by kennyz247(m): 2:45pm On Apr 09
Marriage na big biggest scam ..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by socialmediaman: 2:46pm On Apr 09
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by ogub(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09
More fruitful years ahead
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by GanagiBitrus: 2:47pm On Apr 09
Stay off marriage if you are not ready to say "SORRY" even when you are right. wink

7 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by pocohantas(f): 2:47pm On Apr 09
folake4u:

Goalpost don shift. grin

That was a new one to me. But I am taking notes and updating my OS. Hahaha!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by AskNgige2: 2:47pm On Apr 09
Balablue64:
Okwu aghuola ibuo na ito
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by C2Ok: 2:47pm On Apr 09
Some people did more than you wrote up there but still got letter of divorce.
Marriage just like Many other things isnā€™t for everybody.
Thereā€™s no manual or self help book because whatever works for me may actually destroy yours.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by noble2faith(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09
Balablue64:

Dey shout "marriage na scam like rabid dog"šŸ˜‚ Instead make you pray make Baba God give you better wife. If u don already marry, nobody send you to marry wetin go choke you. Y u know ask Baba God in the first place?šŸ™„

15 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Kaido: 2:48pm On Apr 09
Men and women are different animals, not meant to live together.

Marriage is a charade, don't fall for it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by tollyboy5(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09
This is 60% trash talk.

The problem of many Nigerians is bt living by the OP standard.
My advice to men is, when you're getting married please marry a lady you can control to some large extent if you're willing to also be faithful in deeds.

Don't forgive an unfaithful partner if you've been faithful.

Marriage is give and take, don't give when you're not getting and don't give what you can't afford to loose.

Don't marry a lady from a single mother, if you should do be careful, they have a crazy ideology about life.

You're the provider doesn't mean you should kill yourself. Number 1 important thing in life is food. Once you can feed yourself, your parent and children and other billing are not compulsory but try attend to some grin

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 2:49pm On Apr 09
ā€œHonor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving youā€ (Exodus 20:12).

Na respect your wife owe you no be honour, na her parents get dat one. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by otherway: 2:50pm On Apr 09
Hmmmm
Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Toks2008(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09
interesting.

The best marriage is not between two romantic people neither is it between two compatible people.

The best marriage is the one between two forgivers.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Marriage isn't for everybody... and marriage has no special book or manual that guides it.... .the earlier you realize that,the better for you....

The way money isn't for everyone and in which it has no special book to guard it.

But I can tell you Marriage has its own rules and if the 2 couples follow the rules strictly, there is 90% chance they will succeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Lovenorth: 2:51pm On Apr 09
Marriage is life

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by Ijaya123: 2:51pm On Apr 09
For any marriage to work, what is required is
1. Kindness
2. Both partners have to be deliberate and intentional with their commitment.

All those love fantasies are just fictions.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage by zagorakis(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09
SweetBuns:
Too good!
Nothing sweet una pass relationship and marriage talk

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Banimore Accuses Wife Of Having Romance With Senior Pastor In Ibadan / What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.