Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,507 members, 7,850,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Masters In Telecoms Or IT - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Masters In Telecoms Or IT (97 Views)

Solar Engineering Or Telecoms Engineering / Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? / N150,000 Job Or Fully Funded Scholarship For Masters In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Masters In Telecoms Or IT by BlessedJonMoss: 10:08am On Apr 10
Hello there,
I kindly seek your advice please.
I hold a first degree in electrical and electronics engineering. I currently work as an OSP engineer with an ISP in Lagos.

I plan to further my education by going for masters this year but I'm having a hard time deciding what course to for.

The two options I'm considering are Information Technology (IT), and Telecommunication engineering(Telecoms).

IT because I feel there's more versatility and opportunity there and the career path seems future proof, considering the projected impact of cloud computing, IOT and other techs.

Telecoms because it is the field I am practicing and have experience in. With the msc it won't be difficult to move to a better position and advance in the field considering my experience. I know the career is also secured cos the whole of IT still depends on telecommunication.

Please help with your opinion

(1) (Reply)

Chief Technology Officer Role / Unlocking Earnings With Affiliate Marketing On The Internet / Poiseconnect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.