Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon (1049 Views)

Enyeama Snubs Nigeria, Oliseh Downplays Captain's Withdrawal from Tanzania clash / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon by otumfour(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2011
Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon

Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba has brushed Ghana aside predicting that Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia and Gabon are their main threats for the Africa Cup of Nations title next year.
The Chelsea striker’s position is a dramatic switch from days before the draw when he predicted that the Black Stars would present a major threat to their title ambitions.
Drogba says Ivory Coast will impress in the African Cup of Nations in January after last year’s short comings.
The African side disappointed fans after being knocked out in the quarter-finals , but Drogba is confident that his nation have the quality in their squad to succeed in the tournament being held in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
“We are going to have a lot of fans from Ivory Coastthere but it doesn’t really matter where you play because whenever you go to a competition you go to win,” he toldChelsea’s official website.
“We had a good qualification and this competition is the one all the African countries want to win so this one is going to be tough again.
“There is Senegal, there is Morocco, there is Tunisia, there is Gabonwho are playing at home so they are going to be a good team, and there will always be some surprises,” he continued. “Only one will win the cup, I hope we are going to be the country.”
Drogba was part of the side which were defeated in the final of the tournament by Egypt, in 2009, on penalties, and the Ivorian believes the experience of their opponents was key.
“We could have won it because our squad was really good but it is not only about the quality of the squad, and when you play teams like Egypt they had a lot of understanding because they had played together for nine years,” he added.
“When we lost to Egypt it was in Egypt and we lost on penalties. We had a great tournament but I hope this season is going to be better than the last African Cup when we went out in the quarter-finals.”
Re: Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon by otumfour(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2011
"mind game"
ELEPHANTS OF IVORY COAST! bunch of toothless barking dogs, they've been living on hype more than anything. SMH grin grin
Re: Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon by honeric01(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^

And i don't think he's wrong.
Re: Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon by PKlo: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
i really don't see 'snubbing' in this. He didn't mention Ghana, fine but didn't mention a host of other teams. i don't think Ghana deserves a special mention. It's clear they among the favourites. Drogba has even said before that he dreams of a final with Ghana. Nothing new, nothing special,
Re: Drogba Snubs Ghana Threat, Tips Senegal And Morocco At Afcon by julioralph(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2011
I'm tipping d 'deadly drog' to lead d elephants to victory. up blues!!

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Set To Bid For Taiye Taiwo / 1960bet Shop Now Open In Agege / Chelsea To Sign Nigerian And Wigan Forward Victor Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.