Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Japa: Nigerians In UK Recount First Job Experience After Migration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Nigerians In UK Recount First Job Experience After Migration (286 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Japa: Nigerians In UK Recount First Job Experience After Migration by OKEY30: 1:44pm On Apr 11
It's always interesting to hear about the challenges and successes that come with starting a new job in a different country. If you're a Nigerian who has 'japa-ed' to the UK and landed your first job, we want to hear from you! Share your story, ask questions, and connect with others who have had similar experiences.

To kick things off, I'll share a bit about my own first job experience after migrating to the UK. I moved to London two years ago and was fortunate enough to land a job as a marketing executive at a tech company. It was a big adjustment, not only because of the cultural differences but also because the work environment was so different from what I was used to back home. I had to learn new systems, adapt to a new corporate culture, and navigate office politics that were completely foreign to me.

But despite the challenges, I found that my Nigerian work ethic and determination served me well. I was able to quickly prove my worth and earn the respect of my colleagues. I also made a conscious effort to network and build relationships with others in the industry, which helped me to advance in my career much faster than I had anticipated.

Of course, there were moments of doubt and frustration along the way. I sometimes felt like I.... Read more >>>https://myjapastory.com/forums/topic/japa-nigerians-in-uk-recount-first-job-experience-after-migration/
Re: Japa: Nigerians In UK Recount First Job Experience After Migration by muyico(m): 3:39pm On Apr 11
Better dan nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Confirm If This UK Visa Office Email / Accident Kills 11, Injures 16 In Niger State / 7 People Killed, Others Injured After Fatal Trailer Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.