Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize (346 Views)

List Of Traditional Rulers And Communities In Anambra State / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 4:43pm On Apr 11
Good day Fellow nairalanders of the culture section.

Its sad that with the rich culture of Africa and nigeria in particular most of us do not care or know enough about our rich history.

When Alexander the great, Julius ceaser and Napolean are mentioned alot of africans have an idea or two about these people

But when it come to the great rulers of our ancieny kingdoms and empires little is known about them.

Because we are thought to forget our past and consider our culture of a lower breed which is WRONG

Being a lover of culture and a student of history i want to use every medium i can to encourage us to delve deep into our history and relish in the glorious deeds of our ancestor.

So today i bring a game and the first person to pass this game wins the 5k prize..

I dont have much o, its a passion thing and i want to encourage others to enjoy african history.

I will do this game as often as I can so help me God.

Now the rules of this game is simple.

I will drop Five of imaginated illustrations with writen clues who ever can state the correct names of these five rulers wins the 5k prize.

Hope understand.

The first person to state all five of their names wins o.

Nigeria has such a beautiful mix of culture lets relish it and avoid Disunity and hatred

At number 1.
(Clues)
The All father of Western and part of southern Nigerian mythological and historical development.

Has a lot of connection with chains.

This one is easy abeg

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 4:45pm On Apr 11
2) An Oba of Benin kingdom
Known for being a mighty warrior and rutheless murderer.

The oba whose secret in warfare was his metallic armour

The one whose bornes crack in pain when the land is peacful amd there is no war

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 4:47pm On Apr 11
3)
A king from southern nigeria

Recieved a special crown from the Eureopans
Which he took back to his kingdom in africa

King of an riverine kingdom

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 4:54pm On Apr 11
Wetin dey worey nairaland, its refusing to post the remaining content

4)not exactly a queen but a princess of war
From the north
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 4:55pm On Apr 11
Y

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 4:58pm On Apr 11
5)the first african king to be trained in Europe

Became a born again Reverend father.
Had to drop his priesthood for the throne

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by TUANKU(m): 5:10pm On Apr 11
1. Shango/Sango.
2. Oba Ozolua.
3. King Jaja of Opobo.
4. Queen Amina.
5. Manikongo Afonso AKA Mvemba Nzinga.
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by shawante(m): 5:12pm On Apr 11
1.Oduduwa 2.Eweka 3.Ovonramwen 4.Queen amina 5.Alfonso 1 of kongo
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:19pm On Apr 11
TUANKU:
1. Shango/Sango.
2. Oba Ozolua.
3. King Jaja of Opobo.
4. Queen Amina.
5. Manikongo Afonso AKA Mvemba Nzinga.

You got two out of five..nice try
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:20pm On Apr 11
shawante:
1.Oduduwa
2.Eweka
3.Ovonramwen
4.Queen amina
5.Alfonso 1 of kongo

You got two out of 5 nice try
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by viyon02: 5:21pm On Apr 11
1orunmila
2 ozolua
3king Jaja of opobo
4 Queen Amina
5 Alfonso
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by TUANKU(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11
Emperordynasty:

You got two out of five..nice try
Stuffs i learnt way back in primary school cheesy
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:26pm On Apr 11
TUANKU:

Stuffs i learnt way back in primary school cheesy
Primary school..u try self
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:27pm On Apr 11
viyon02:
1orunmila
2 ozolua
3king Jaja of opobo
4 Queen Amina
5 Alfonso
You did very well also.. But u also got two out of 5
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by TUANKU(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11
Emperordynasty:

Primary school..u try self
Then history was still taught in schools.
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by TUANKU(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11
Emperordynasty:

You did very well also.. But u also got two out of 5
I am waiting for the answers...i don't want to go researching just to get the answers,will amount to cheating cheesy
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:32pm On Apr 11
TUANKU:

I am waiting for the answers...i don't want to go researching just to get the answers,will amount to cheating cheesy
Lol it will.

If no one gets it by tommorow morning i will drop the answers

I just hope the post gets to ftonpage before them maybe someone with the answer will see the post

1 Like

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by TUANKU(m): 5:40pm On Apr 11
Emperordynasty:

Lol it will.

If no one gets it by tommorow morning i will drop the answers

I just hope the post gets to ftonpage before them maybe someone with the answer will see the post
I will be waiting, might just go ahead and research. I love challenges like this and walking away without solving it is a pain grin.
I like your idea, it's commendable and educating. Keep it up.
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:44pm On Apr 11
TUANKU:

I will be waiting, might just go ahead and research. I love challenges like this and walking away without solving it is a pain grin.
I like your idea, it's commendable and educating. Keep it up.
Thank you.

You can carry on with the research my purpose for doing this is to encourage Nigerian to research and delve into our lost history

1 Like

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by TUANKU(m): 5:48pm On Apr 11
Emperordynasty:

Thank you.

You can carry on with the research my purpose for doing this is to encourage Nigerian to research and delve into our lost history
Sure, will do and get back to the post.

1 Like

Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Dancebreaker: 8:05pm On Apr 11
1. Oduduwa.
2. Oba Ozolua.
3. Ogiame of Warri. The original crown was stolen before coronation of this current Ogiame.
4. Queen Amina.
5. Oba Orhogbua.
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 8:51pm On Apr 11
Dancebreaker:
1. Oduduwa.
2. Oba Ozolua.
3. Ogiame of Warri. The original crown was stolen before coronation of this current Ogiame.
4. Queen Amina.
5. Oba Orhogbua.
Wow brilliant but i need the name of the last person,
Ogiame is a title give me the name

Send your account details though we have a winner
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by viyon02: 9:55pm On Apr 11
1Obatala
2 Ozolua
3 king Duke ix of Calabar
4 Queen Amina
5 prester John
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Dancebreaker: 11:37pm On Apr 11
Emperordynasty:

Wow brilliant but i need the name of the last person,
Ogiame is a title give me the name

Send your account details though we have a winner
Domingos

Can I send the account to an email address?
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:47am On Apr 12
Dancebreaker:

Domingos

Okay send me a pm then..
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 5:48am On Apr 12
Dancebreaker:

Domingos

The answer is
Atuwatse I

Dom Domingos
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by PeterZoom: 11:48am On Apr 12
Emperordynasty:
Good day Fellow nairalanders of the culture section.

Its sad that with the rich culture of Africa and nigeria in particular most of us do not care or know enough about our rich history.

When Alexander the great, Julius ceaser and Napolean are mentioned alot of africans have an idea or two about these people

But when it come to the great rulers of our ancieny kingdoms and empires little is known about them.

Because we are thought to forget our past and consider our culture of a lower breed which is WRONG

Being a lover of culture and a student of history i want to use every medium i can to encourage us to delve deep into our history and relish in the glorious deeds of our ancestor.

So today i bring a game and the first person to pass this game wins the 5k prize..

I dont have much o, its a passion thing and i want to encourage others to enjoy african history.

I will do this game as often as I can so help me God.

Now the rules of this game is simple.

I will drop Five of imaginated illustrations with writen clues who ever can state the correct names of these five rulers wins the 5k prize.

Hope understand.

The first person to state all five of their names wins o.

Nigeria has such a beautiful mix of culture lets relish it and avoid Disunity and hatred

At number 1.
(Clues)
The All father of Western and part of southern Nigerian mythological and historical development.

Has a lot of connection with chains.

This one is easy abeg
Ha see what bad network has done to me. embarassed
I would have surely gotten all cause I've been a very good student of history since my primary school days. I couldn't log into nairaland until few hours ago cause of bad network. Congrats to the eventual winner and may God replenish your pocket you the giver. Boss please if you're going to do anyone soon kindly let us know. This 5k would have really solved s lot of problems for me this weekend.
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 1:22pm On Apr 12
PeterZoom:

I would have surely gotten all cause I've been a very good student of history since my primary school days. I couldn't log into nairaland until few hours ago cause of bad network. Congrats to the eventual winner and may God replenish your pocket you the giver. Boss please if you're going to do anyone soon kindly let us know. This 5k would have really solved s lot of problems for me this weekend.
Alright bro, i'll quote you anytime i have another
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Dancebreaker: 2:39pm On Apr 12
Emperordynasty:

Alright bro, i'll quote you anytime i have another

You are a very generous person. Good bless you.

Although I already WhatsApp'd you my details but am happy to let you give the gentleman you quoted the cash price.

The man delayed by network. Let him flex the weekend.

Thanks so much.
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 3:07pm On Apr 12
Dancebreaker:

You are a very generous person. Good bless you.

Although I already WhatsApp'd you my details but am happy to let you give the gentleman you quoted the cash price.

The man delayed by network. Let him flex the weekend.

Thanks so much.
Thats so good of you..i respect this
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by Emperordynasty: 3:10pm On Apr 12
PeterZoom:

Well our winner as asked me to send you the prize.

Please send your details
Re: Give The Names Of These Five African Rulers And Win Cash Prize by viyon02: 5:37pm On Apr 12
Op you did well, infact it made me reflect back to history, please let me know when next you have something like this. Have a wonderful weekend.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Exception To The Usual European Qualification System / PositiveNaija Top News: Week 41, 2017 / Concept Of Performance Management.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.