Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg (36444 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote / Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by dappydozzy(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12
Bluntguy:
Judging from where the Naira started plummeting to where it is now, it is not performing anything. I will agree with Bloomberg when it gets back to less than #800 per dollar.

Naira really performed, your statement is a layman statement, an ordinary man on the street, you are not an economist.You better release your dollars in to the market if you have them. Who told you it is not going back to that #800, you go cry soon. By the time dollar fall yakata, your eye go clear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by chikason22(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

PDP met it at N28 in 1999. Why did they left it at N216?

Yourself you to lie. Give your life to Christ now before it's too late.
Your lies stinks so bad. These are the exchange rates from 1997 to date

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by omoiseselagba: 4:17pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

216-28 that's 188 difference.

1200-216 that's how much Agbadorian?
I don't even want to mention the 1950 ATH you guys took it too.

28/216=88% increase from 1999 to 2015

216/1200-82% increase from 2015-2024(moreover,exchange rate as at today 12-04-2024 is 1100)

go get sense or die....!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by LordIsaac(m): 4:19pm On Apr 12
God bless Jagaban today again😊

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Phantom233: 4:19pm On Apr 12
This is what we call "Regressive progression" there's nothing on earth that should make naira to be above 200 to a dollar, atleast APC took it from around N200 to a dollar.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Xpol: 4:20pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

It doesn't work that way , you judge it base on percentage.

Two people(let say A and B)did business.

A invested a capital of 200 naira and gained 400 naira making a total of 600 naira.

B invested a capital of 600 naira and gained 600 naira making a total of 1200 naira.

Which of them gained more?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by webizone(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12
It's funny that people don't know that the FG borrowed $$ to defend the naira.

Let's see how far they can go.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by LegendHero(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12
chikason22:

Yourself you to lie. Give your life to Christ now before it's too late.
Your lies stinks so bad. These are the exchange rates from 1997 to date

I showed you confirmed US government source link, you’re sharing some nobody post on Twitter.

I can also go on Twitter and post it is $1 = N2, will you now say it’s the truth?

https://1997-2001.state.gov/issues/economic/trade_reports/africa98/nigeria98.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Konquest: 4:21pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

PDP met it at N28 in 1999. Why did they leave it at N216?
Succinctly put.

=> https://www.nairaland.com/7161648/naira-dollar-exchange-rate-history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by 7lives: 4:21pm On Apr 12
Dialpad:
These Bloomberg guys want to give some people high BP

Bloomberg is APC propaganda machinery.
If you see a speculator run o, the kind red wey their eye dey red now, no be small thing o.
Imagine those who took loan to buy dollars for speculation, why?.
And still their gbese just dey multiply.
Someone bought 4 litres of petrol for me, @ 2k yesterday and I was like but they said price will crash in may?.
Only God knows how the matter go be for may o, meanwhile speculators should keep their dollars wherever they like, I don't think Nigeria have any use for it again.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by LegendHero(m): 4:23pm On Apr 12
Lexicon123:
very good point on Wale Edun needing to up his game. I really haven’t seen any traction from the fiscal end. Depending only on monetary policies is unsustainable in the medium to long term.

I don’t think Wale is as bold as Yemi.

Or probably, it’s harder to effect quick change at that fiscal level because there are lot of variables compared to the CBN that a man can just whip at them.

Let’s see how it goes in the next few month and we will know what’s up.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12
This will definitely give some folks a heart attack

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by tenpipsperday: 4:25pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

Why did they left it or leave it? Who taught you English?

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by olisaEze(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

How old were you in '99?? Dollar exchanged for N88 not N28.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:25pm On Apr 12
And the drugiee's miscreants believe these guys?
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by benardtotti(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

Don't mind the dunce ! They make very useless points without thinking .

5 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Congrats321(m): 4:27pm On Apr 12
Are we comparing military government with democracy?

LegendHero:

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by GeneralDae: 4:27pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

Currency rates are not measured that way. That’s why they are called rates in the first place. PDP in 16 years took the currency rate 10 times higher than it was.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:29pm On Apr 12
MadamExcellency:
They should continue mocking Nigerians.

There is no justification for Naira to exceed N700 at black market rate after removing fuel subsidy, naira should have appreciated to record low.
Mumu madam, the FG floated the naira. It naturally shot up as it was looking for its bearing. Now that stage has passed. Continue to wallow in your hate and bigotry and ignorance

4 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by TableLeg(m): 4:30pm On Apr 12
Yinmu.
Cosmetic surgery will eventually find its level to reveal the truth.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Cantonese: 4:31pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

PDP left it at 194 in 2015. What's the margin please?

APC took it from there and in 8 years extended it to a world record breaking 1,900.

Why did they "left" it at 1900?
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Dada4me: 4:31pm On Apr 12
Help urgently needed please.

Good afternoon everyone,

I am in dare need of Two Million Naira (#2,000,000.00), for school 🏫 development.

I will pay back Two Million, Four Hundred Thousand Naira (#2,400,000.00), in monthly instalment of One Hundred Thousand Naira (#100,000.00) in 2 years (24 months).

I can travel to any part of the country if you want me to meet you physically.

Thank you.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by LegendHero(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12
Cantonese:

PDP left it at 194 in 2015. What's the margin please?

APC took it from there and in 8 years extended it to a world record breaking 1,900.

Why did they "left" it at 1900?

Is your own naira at 1900 currently?

Abeg shey make I sell you my $$ for that rate? Make I Paste account.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by simple87: 4:32pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

Keep clowning and throwing tantrums. Don't go and read and improve yourself.

Be doing sychophancy up and down, while you're detoriating.

detoriating or deteriorating?

grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by jaxxy(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12
At above 1000 to a dollar? Funny

u destroy a currency overnight and bring it to something not as worse then call it best performance? Lmao
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by GeneralDae: 4:33pm On Apr 12
Validated:

First off, stop peddling lies. It will not help you in life. Lies can only get you through the "door", but the truth helps you to grow. Learn that mystery for your own good.

Dollar-Naira Exchange Rate from 1997 to 2000(Black Market Rate.)
1997 $1 = N84. 58
1998 $1 = N84. 70
1999 $1 = N88-N90
2000 $1 = N105.(PDP)

Then APC met it at N216 and now celebrating N1200? Is that not hypocrisy?
That was black market. At official market it was 22 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by 7lives: 4:33pm On Apr 12
predictor1:
They don't know anything. They were buying imported rice at #7000 per bag not knowing they were eating their future and those of their children. Now if true capacity is built into our industries and agriculture, why not? Naira will rise and prices of agricultural products will come down on the back of a very strong naira. It would be like the 70s and 80s again when we had real production. Not the fake naira strength we had under Abacha, Obj, Jonathan and buhari.

Where have you been all my life?.
Great post.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Ejiakusmith(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12
And we they Nigeria 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬 the useless naira can't purchase anything in the market...... How much is a mudu of beans in Abuja here 1800 , red beans 2000 .... Garri 800 so what's the impact 🤷🤷🤷🤷
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Riskymarvelous(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

dey get sense You better leave all those dogs
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by grandstar(m): 4:36pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

Wrong.

It was around 100.

The last time we daw it at 28 using the black market should have been between 1992-1993.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by benardtotti(m): 4:36pm On Apr 12
predictor1:
Reserves are used to back international trade and also for the settlement of certain liabilities. Not only to defend local currencies. Abi, how can you defend naira with $1.2bn in 18 days? How much was given our to bdcs and banks? Let's be reasonable when we criticize. Probably you voted for a candidate who lost, move on and stop hoping that things get worse.

They are dumb , as at this week the black market rate was lower than the cbn rate so the question is what is cbn defending ? They lack knowledge.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Lexicon123: 4:37pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

I don’t think Wale is as bold as Yemi.

Or probably, it’s harder to effect quick change at that fiscal level because there are lot of variables compared to the CBN that a man can just whip at them.

Let’s see how it goes in the next few month and we will know what’s up.
True!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 61st Birthday Today / Femi Otedola Having New Year Lunch At Home In London / Preventing The ATM From ‘swallowing’ Your Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.