Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees (31482 Views)

Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Driver Flees As Truck Crushes Toddler To Death, Injures Mum & Others In Rivers / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by maasoap(m): 9:53pm On Apr 12
The driver was extremely lucky
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by AllenSpencer: 9:58pm On Apr 12
Same measures don’t yield different results

More will die from same accident.
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Melagros(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12
SamgoldBaba:

Sin plenty for Lagos nah may God Almighty forgive us All
My dear sin plenty for everywhere oo
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by SamgoldBaba: 10:19pm On Apr 12
ecolime:

Death can take anyone anytime. Babies, kids, adults, sinners and even the righteous, none is immune from the cold hands of death. It has nothing to do with sin. Lets just live right.

I understand you my brother. But I still maintain it's SIN SIR
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by SamgoldBaba: 10:19pm On Apr 12
Melagros:

My dear sin plenty for everywhere oo

That's true though

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by bobbybrown007: 10:50pm On Apr 12
truthhurts2:

This isn't about Lagos, it can happens anywhere
tell me where it happened if not in Lagos State
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Bimpe29: 10:52pm On Apr 12
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun! cry
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Omoluabi16(m): 11:01pm On Apr 12
If only they had been there 30secs late or earlier. This is not the last time this will occur in Lagos.. It's a very scary stuff. We- everybody have come to accept it that road management authorities will NOT do anything about these articulated trucks. Who is our commissioner for transport in Lagos?
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by deloon(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12
The useless FRSC is still watching.
Why can't regulations be made on how containers should be secured to trucks to prevent such incidents?
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Barbsamiin: 11:54pm On Apr 12
ClearFlair:

What is unforseen about poor safety standards. Africans chai 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
No matter what safety measure you use for container truck it'll still fall cause the weight of the container is way more heavier than the truck itself
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Sirianese: 1:24am On Apr 13
MrBrownJay1:
as i said a few days ago:

Government and vehicle safety enforcement are way too preoccupied with how to squeeze out bribe money, they don't give a toss about the safety of their charges
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Originalsly: 1:29am On Apr 13
Which is it? .... did the container fall on the car? .... or the truck rammed into the car? Aren't speeding trucks pulled over by LASTMA? This will continue to happen until laws are enforced.
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Blitzking: 4:15am On Apr 13
Probably a ride hailing driver and his passenger
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Ikemba007: 4:25am On Apr 13
post=129405258:
What Is Really Happening Inside This LAGOS

They should start burning up any erring container or trailer that kills on the spot. It'll make their owners to empty only sensible drivers.
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by highchief1: 6:04am On Apr 13
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by truthhurts2: 8:34am On Apr 13
tuzle:
anywhere in Nigeria. U need to be specific. This is like the 4th container death I have heard this month alone and it will keep happening unless the people in charge enforce strict rules on this container drivers.
Yeah, you're right... We can say it is more frequent in Lagos than any other places but that doesn't mean it has never happened or will happen in other places.
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by truthhurts2: 8:35am On Apr 13
highchief1:
them no Dey survive am.
But the driver survived
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by delishpot: 5:31pm On Apr 13
Nigerians are killing each other due to negligence. The spirit of "abeg manage am reach where you dey go. If we say make we do the right thing, e go cost money " has killed more people in Nigeria than anything else.
Re: Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14
I was at the scene. It was a highly unfortunate accident. The Lagos state government has to implement its law on heavy-duty truck carrying containers during the day. This death is avoidable abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bus Burns On Otedola Bridge In Lagos (Graphic Photos, Video) / A Culture Shock For A Nigerian In Diaspora / 3 Die In Accident On Port Harcourt-Ebonyi Road (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.