Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon (10273 Views)

Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon / Profile Of Tunde Onakoya, Chess In Slums Founder / The Moment Ronaldo Scores Against Morocco To Break World Cup Goal Record (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by free2ryhme: 3:32pm On Apr 13
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Damisam93(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13
NuhuAjang71:
Wish him the best! Pain goes straight to Ghana, south Africa and Cameroon 😝

Make una free this guys.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by santaclaws: 3:35pm On Apr 13
dominique:
Chessathon? undecided

This one isn't one of those copying Hilda Baci ooo. Have you heard of Chess in the Slums? Google his name and see what he has achieved.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by DyingFetus: 3:36pm On Apr 13
The ijiot is just a clout chaser

He can't play chess , dumb fork with low IQ

He will fail this and shame his fellow niggers
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by DyingFetus: 3:37pm On Apr 13
santaclaws:

This one isn't one of those copying Hilda Baci ooo.
He's a world class chess player and a global talent. Google his name and see what he has achieved.

World class chess player my arse

How many people has he won??

Let him go to Moscow and play , if he can win 5 people there , I'll sell my kidney
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by DyingFetus: 3:38pm On Apr 13
NigeriaMustFly:
Nice!

The Chess in Slums initiative is really doing a lot of good.

It's just a money laundering scheme nothing more
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Konquest: 3:44pm On Apr 13
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by HomoDroid(m): 3:45pm On Apr 13
I HOPE THE MATCHES ARE FIXED, ELSE, HE'S MOST LIKELY TO FAIL! At present, there are too many challenges to face:

1. Opponents well-prepared by advanced chess-bots like STOCKFISH;
2. Opponents who manage to evade cheating screens;
3. Unforced error due to mental fatigue or time trouble;
4. Unforced error occurring by chance;
5. Errors occurring through distraction;
6. Tricks and traps recently developed and deployed; &
6. The X-Factor (or act of God).

Even the god-like Calsen has been defeated by random guys recently on chance occasions!

All the same, Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I wish him smooth sailing - TOUCHE!

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Weknowbetter: 3:47pm On Apr 13
Good on him. A man with a purpose.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Omoawoke: 3:55pm On Apr 13
This guy is fucking smart, he played one 8 year old like that, the guy struggled to beat the 8 year old.
Chess is a solid mind game for genius

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Omoawoke: 3:56pm On Apr 13
dominique:
Chessathon? undecided

Far better than one olosho cooking tasteless food that the whole country was celebrating like Nigeria discovered cure to HIV
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13
kenex4ever:
He will certainly choose those to play with him if not one grand master go just appear from nowhere and win him within 2hrs.
A grandmaster is overkill
an international master or even fide master go beat am handily. He will choose those to play against
and they’d probably be just above beginner level

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:59pm On Apr 13
santaclaws:

This one isn't one of those copying Hilda Baci ooo.
He's a world class chess player and a global talent. Google his name and see what he has achieved.
World class ke? He isn’t even top 20 in Nigeria lol.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Firstinline(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13
It is sure for me that I will defeat this guy in a chess game
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Papadoh(m): 4:04pm On Apr 13
Where can we watch this?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Johncuppa(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13
kenex4ever:
He will certainly choose those to play with him if not one grand master go just appear from nowhere and win him within 2hrs.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Johncuppa(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13
AkpaMgbor:

World class ke? He isn’t even top 20 in Nigeria lol.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13
Johncuppa:

Are you joking.
You sure don't know him.
Go and watch him playing in London with many whites at the same time and still defeated them all
lol he says I don’t know him. Tunde is not top 20 in Naija take it or leave it. And I can say that because I won silver in the national sports festival in delta state in 2022(representing Abia state)
beating a “white guy” means nothing if the white guy isn’t a titled player.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by blowjohn(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13
One game I don't even know anything about but keeps fascinating me.

Like I don't even know what piece to move or the names of the pieces or whatever.

Complex maze of sort
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by nedu666: 4:21pm On Apr 13
58 hours I.e no sleep, no eat, no bath, no shit, brain working 24/7. Oga just seeking attention
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by Johncuppa(m): 4:24pm On Apr 13
AkpaMgbor:

lol he says I don’t know him. Tunde is not top 20 in Naija take it or leave it. And I can say that because I won silver in the national sports festival in delta state in 2022(representing Abia state)
I concur.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by TUANKU(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13
For a good cause. I wish him all the best.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by mrphysics(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13
AkpaMgbor:

What's your elo rating bro?
Chess is not easy for you or anyone else. You don't know the guys rating and you have concluded that you can beat him.
Interesting?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by mrphysics(m): 4:31pm On Apr 13
Johncuppa:

I concur.
The guy is rates 2065 Blitz and Standard 2165. This is not easy to achieve.

What's your rating bro? You can teach me on chess dot com.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:34pm On Apr 13
mrphysics:

What's your elo rating bro?
Chess is not easy for you or anyone else. You don't know the guys rating and you have concluded that you can beat him.
Interesting?
My first ELO rated tournament was two years ago and I finished with a perfect score with a Total performance rating of over 2100+.. I’m rated over 2300 in bullet and 2200 in blitz on Lichess. And I consider myself weak. I have a chess medal to my name in nigeria does tunde?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by goslowgoslow(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13
DyingFetus:
The ijiot is just a clout chaser

He can't play chess , dumb fork with low IQ

He will fail this and shame his fellow niggers

If I check you are probably Igbo....awon were!
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by goslowgoslow(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13
AkpaMgbor:

This one just dey brag!
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by wittywriter: 4:42pm On Apr 13
Tunse Onokoya...ChessInSlums seems less active nowadays.
truthhurts2:
How I wish I know how to play this chess game... I so much love it, but damn... can't move a stand
Truthhurts.
I can link you to someone that will help you master the game of strategy then you'll be shown how to get accredited by FISE. Drop your digits in your own thread and quote my moniker.

Wittyness
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by goslowgoslow(m): 4:43pm On Apr 13
DyingFetus:

World class chess player my arse

How many people has he won??

Let him go to Moscow and play , if he can win 5 people there , I'll sell my kidney
Children of hate what have you achieved in your poor life?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13
goslowgoslow:

This one just dey brag!
Is it bragging if it’s the truth?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by goslowgoslow(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13
AkpaMgbor:

Is it bragging if it’s the truth?
How do we know it is the truth? This is Internet.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Attempts To Break World Record For Longest Chess Marathon by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:51pm On Apr 13
goslowgoslow:

How do we know it is the truth? This is Internet.
That’s my silver medal in 2022 national sports festival in delta state. I won silver on board 4 playing for Abia state.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Team Coaches Are Being Offered Bribe To Invite Players - Amokachi / Oshoala,Ordega Or Kgatlana Who Will Win African Women’s Player Of The Year Today / Maduka Okoye: I Don’t See Myself As Super Eagles Number One Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.