Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone (30950 Views)

Flour Mills PLC (FMN PC) At 60! Nigeria’s Largest Food & Agro-Allied Group Is 60 / Zenith Bank Becomes Nigeria’s Largest Bank By Customer Deposit / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Badmashiii: 11:33pm On Apr 13
Starboytwo:
I mean, if you are not using opay and I asked for your aza and you dey quote uba cbn ait etc I just shake head and pity.

Opay forever.

Bros no loseguard o. Be careful with these fintech apps. Naso i take send person 15k money no go and customer service no come dey answer us again. This same opay.

Use them carefully.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Badmashiii: 11:38pm On Apr 13
Tradepunter2:
All these useless paid opay agent up there..... You think serious biznes minded people use opay? You must be daft..... Keep fooling yourselves

Exactly bro. Opay and co should be used only with transactions involving paltry sums. I sent 15k last 3 weeks to someone and uptil now opay has neither refunded me nor credited the person.

Personally any transaction with 50k and above,opay and co is out. I'll rather use traditional banks and every serious business person should do likewise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Intrepid01(m): 12:14am On Apr 14
Just see the power of Fintech. OPAY without a single physical branch is the biggest bank.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Abbeytoy(m): 12:25am On Apr 14
Some people need to go back to school for most of the comments above. sick

It was clearly stated that the list is by valuation but people are asking the reason some banks are included and keep saying they're not good enough to be there.

Na wá ooo cry cry
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Jagabanarmy: 12:51am On Apr 14
Zonefree:
Opay remains undefeated.

All these mushroom banks like GTbank, Firstbank, Eco bank, etc shouting swallow their pride and emulate Opay.

Opay is best and stronger than all banks in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by BarrElChapo(m): 1:05am On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:
All these useless paid opay agent up there..... You think serious biznes minded people use opay? You must be daft..... Keep fooling yourselves

Brother.. the foolery is too much. OPAY with N2bn capitalization is worth $2bn. People aren't just thinking critically sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Truthshotcrazy: 3:36am On Apr 14
Triangles1:
I'm afraid of putting big money on opay, moniepoint and the rest that doesn't have office.
Fintech grin cool
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Truthshotcrazy: 3:41am On Apr 14
Badmashiii:

Exactly bro. Opay and co should be used only with transactions involving paltry sums. I sent 15k last 3 weeks to someone and uptil now opay has neither refunded me nor credited the person.

Personally any transaction with 50k and above,opay and co is out. I'll rather use traditional banks and every serious business person should do likewise.
Say whaaat? 3 fvcking weeks. Have you tried contacting customer care? shocked you are supposed to contact customer care within 3 working days maximum of failed transaction for them to trace the transaction & rectify the problem.

All the time l had problem with bank , crediting SB and person no alert, l Marched straight to the physical banking hall nearest branch close to my local government in my state, to complain & it was rectified within days.
3weeks of unsuccessful hanging transaction don pass to carry mat & pillow go their lag head office complain . If U Not in lag,or Abuja otilo
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by bluefilm: 4:28am On Apr 14
Antoeni:
Opay deserve that first position because their service is 100%

Aswear
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Badmashiii: 5:04am On Apr 14
Truthshotcrazy:

Say whaaat? 3 fvcking weeks. Have you tried contacting customer care? shocked you are supposed to contact customer care within 3 working days maximum of failed transaction for them to trace the transaction & rectify the problem.

All the time l had problem with bank , crediting SB and person no alert, l Marched straight to the physical banking hall nearest branch close to my local government in my state, to complain & it was rectified within days.
3weeks of unsuccessful hanging transaction don pass to carry mat & pillow go their lag head office complain . If U Not in lag,or Abuja otilo

Bros i no dey lag. I don't comot mind for the money but I've learnt my lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by BluntCrazeMan: 5:34am On Apr 14
Antoeni:
Nigeria's Largest Banks by Valuations

1. Opay - $2 billion

2. Zenith Bank - $1.1 billion

3. GT Bank - $1.083 billion

4. First Bank - $834 million

5. UBA - $690 million

6. Access Bank - $642 million

7. Stanbic Bank - $562 million

8. Ecobank - $516 million

AfricaFactsZone

And they kept saying that OPAY is just a wallet.?
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Teymanhenry(f): 6:31am On Apr 14
JASONjnr:
Opay doesn't have outlets nor multiple staff to pay salaries..... Topping the list ...

Very impressive....

Yet they provide speedy services. They pay huge numbers to their tech gurus all around the world to provide and ensure quality services. All these conventional banks are slow Pokes thus giving room for Fintech banks to overtake them easily

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by remiopash: 7:09am On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:

I am surprised o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Tradepunter2: 7:25am On Apr 14
spartachico:

I guess the guy who posted his account balance of 74 million naira on his opay account wasn't a serious minded fellow ...go and check for yourself ... I signed up opay few months ago this year and I have done transactions over 3 million naira ...and I had to stop being scared cus they are licensed under CBN forever.

Keep deceiving the failed money agent...... Deceitful morons you think everyone is foolish like you.... Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Sirtee19: 7:29am On Apr 14
The number 10 richest bank in Africa is People's Bank of Morocco with capital base of $28 billions. All our bank listed above combine are not up to it. Number one richest bank in Africa has capital base of $185 billions. Our bank has a long way to go.

Antoeni:
Nigeria's Largest Banks by Valuations

1. Opay - $2 billion

2. Zenith Bank - $1.1 billion

3. GT Bank - $1.083 billion

4. First Bank - $834 million

5. UBA - $690 million

6. Access Bank - $642 million

7. Stanbic Bank - $562 million

8. Ecobank - $516 million

AfricaFactsZone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by patorial(m): 7:46am On Apr 14
Antoeni:
I don't know what GT bank is doing there by the way.
First bank should be second to none.
Any other bank listed there shouldn't be trusted.

Are you sure you read the thread before commenting??

Market Valuation is not level of service.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by patorial(m): 7:50am On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:

The money you deposited inside a bank is no its valuation.

valuation is the market worth of a company, this includes:

1: Goodwill
2: Assets
3: Cash
4: Equity
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by henrimoto(m): 8:00am On Apr 14
gigabyte13:
Wahalaaaaaa don dey ooooo
Opay keh
Opay of yesterday....
Shame
Shame
Shame to all those everywhere, every corner bank...
But Sterling bank no dey oooooooooooo
Shey l no go go comot my money from there so.....
You still dey sterling bank..? You better move to 21st century bank then.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by HRMK: 8:24am On Apr 14
CAN OPAY BE GRADED AS A BANK? HOW COME OPAY IS WORTH MORE THAN ALL OTHER BANKS?
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Tradepunter2: 8:32am On Apr 14
patorial:

The money you deposited inside a bank is no its valuation.

valuation is the market worth of a company, this includes:

1: Goodwill
2: Assets
3: Cash
4: Equity

Keep fooling your useless self ..... You think is by using terminology that will make you look smart ..... All these paid agents are morons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by spartachico(m): 9:13am On Apr 14
That's where you going to be when opay clock 20 years with excellent services ... Backward somebody... You're the type of people who don't want good change but loved the buhari apc led type of changes..and im very sure youre one of the people who spend monday to friday at the customer service section of a bank waiting for your complain to be sorted out...olodo in with the new and out with the old grin
Tradepunter2:

Keep deceiving the failed money agent...... Deceitful morons you think everyone is foolish like you.... Nonsense
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by OkoEmm: 9:20am On Apr 14
jiz:
Opay is low budget bank and cannot be in the class of Access and Zenith. Only the greedy dey use opay grin grin wetin be opay without fast interest, zero transfer and awuf airtime and data bonus.
Can you put your lifesaving on Opay?

Don't mind them.

Opay is valued at $2b because it got funding of $200m or so from some new investors.

It's an overvalued bank.many
flntech companies are uslually overvalued. That's the strategy for investors in venture capital industry to cash out in the long term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Alamu5891: 9:28am On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:
you're one of the staff in those useless bank
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Quebec91(m): 9:49am On Apr 14
cheesy
Antoeni:
Well deserved
Na rubbish those commercial banks dey do these days
GT bank almost made me wash plate last week

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Tradepunter2: 10:24am On Apr 14
spartachico:
That's where you going to be when opay clock 20 years with excellent services ... Backward somebody... You're the type of people who don't want good change but loved the buhari apc led type of changes..and im very sure youre one of the people who spend monday to friday at the customer service section of a bank waiting for your complain to be sorted out...olodo in with the new and out with the old grin

Hahahahah stupid as always.... You just guessed I worked in customer service in a bank...... Showcasing your failed purpose in life and reinforcing your stupidity..... I will recruit you and your family on a salary and your retched nlood line won't have to breath poverty again.....
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by frankchina(m): 10:38am On Apr 14
Starboytwo:
I mean, if you are not using opay and I asked for your aza and you dey quote uba cbn ait etc I just shake head and pity.

Opay forever.

Hmmmm I don't know why I hate following the crowd.... Especially Nigerians 🚶🚶

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by spartachico(m): 10:47am On Apr 14
Now I have to drop the mic cus I just realized I’m bantering with a psychopath... fool read before you jump into conclusion , I said you’re the type that spent hours at the customer care of a bank doesn’t mean I said you worked in a bank where your papa wan see bank job werey Dey disguise and low key this werey Dey use opay and palmpay and certainly owing those two banks werey ,what a waste of semen
Tradepunter2:

Hahahahah stupid as always.... You just guessed I worked in customer service in a bank...... Showcasing your failed purpose in life and reinforcing your stupidity..... I will recruit you and your family on a salary and your retched nlood line won't have to breath poverty again.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Tradepunter2: 11:12am On Apr 14
spartachico:
Now I have to drop the mic cus I just realized I’m bantering with a psychopath... fool read before you jump into conclusion , I said you’re the type that spent hours at the customer care of a bank doesn’t mean I said you worked in a bank where your papa wan see bank job werey Dey disguise and low key this werey Dey use opay and palmpay and certainly owing those two banks werey ,what a waste of semen

Like I said I will employ you and failed family..... Send me your details let me send you 10k to hold body..... All these poverty stricken low life
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by spartachico(m): 11:48am On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:

Like I said I will employ you and failed family..... Send me your details let me send you 10k to hold body..... All these poverty stricken low life
10k give it to your mom she so much needs it right now ...ponmo guy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Tradepunter2: 12:30pm On Apr 14
spartachico:
10k give it to your mom she so much needs it right now ...ponmo guy

Na your mother needs it more...... Give you till 1 to send your account numbrr
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Truthshotcrazy: 12:35pm On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:

Please sir please kindly assist me with 10k even 8k naira will be greatly appreciated. Please abeg make l send my aza🙏. Gonna attach Blockchain BTC address make U Help me sir. I humbly plead. God bless you
attached ; usdt bep 20 Blockchain wallet address thank you

1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by TheGoodFellow: 2:24pm On Apr 14
Tradepunter2:

If the guy refuses please kindly consider me

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened / The New Form Of Advertising In Nigeria (Photo) / 5 Major Reasons Why You Will Never Be Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.