Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help (64103 Views)

I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bird? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Chukwuka319(m): 12:13pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:
Just last night, this bird flew into my house. Well, it had a nest in my AC unit hole, so when I scattered its house just yesterday morning, when I got back in the evening, I realized a bird had fallen into my house through the hole.

Well, eating it is out of the picture grin grin. I support vegetarians but I eat meats not birds grin. Im thinking of keeping it as a pet, it’s been flying up and down in the house with no success of finding its way out, and thus weak and exhausted. I know birds are fragile and difficult to train. Should I keep it? Any idea the breed? Or what to feed it, Or I just let it go back to it’s habitat so we don’t stress eachother. Im confused. Help.

Im in a dilemma. help please.
The bird is a species of Swallow and they are insectivorous, catching their prey in flight.
If you can't keep up with feeding it, please let it go.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Bombolistic: 12:14pm On Apr 14
Your ancestor just visited you. Build house for the bird abeg

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by WithFact: 12:14pm On Apr 14
Free it so that God will free you from bondage.

A good bargaining opportunity.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by chicfarmer: 12:15pm On Apr 14
BeigJawnson:

No wonder, twitter became X

grin grin
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by tfelicityk(m): 12:19pm On Apr 14
If you have food to feed the bird. Keep it, if otherwise - do the needful.

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Yeancahmie007(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14
Are you sure its not people from the extended family?
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by melow666: 12:22pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:
Just last night, this bird flew into my house. Well, it had a nest in my AC unit hole, so when I scattered its house just yesterday morning, when I got back in the evening, I realized a bird had fallen into my house through the hole.

Well, eating it is out of the picture grin grin. I support vegetarians but I eat meats not birds grin. Im thinking of keeping it as a pet, it’s been flying up and down in the house with no success of finding its way out, and thus weak and exhausted. I know birds are fragile and difficult to train. Should I keep it? Any idea the breed? Or what to feed it, Or I just let it go back to it’s habitat so we don’t stress eachother. Im confused. Help.

Let the bird go please. These kind of birds are always airborne flying continuously for days. The name of the bird is a swift, it is born to be free and Def die in captivity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Dumte(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14
Similar incidence happened in my village recently. Lo and behold it was a man's voice that we heard speaking directly to the house owner challenging whx he hasn't been able to carryout his wicked act on her.
Before we could realize the owl flew to a nearby bush and the man was traced.

Please kill that bed, you won't lose anything
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by sunsweet33: 12:25pm On Apr 14
The infant bird has finished flying all over your house, thereby covering it in all manner of disgusting bacteria…and you are not worried about keeping it there even longer…

I don’t think it’s fair to blame village people for everything…yack.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by brainhgeek(m): 12:25pm On Apr 14
That is a white-rumped swift.
Let it go.
You probably do not have what it takes to domesticate it. It needs space

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Cautemoc(m): 12:26pm On Apr 14
Please Release that Bird Immediately. It's a wild Bird and not a domestic Bird. Animals deserve to Live FREE, SAFE AND WILD.

2 Likes

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by mu2sa2: 12:26pm On Apr 14
samsegs:
Make this one enter one pastor house,,3days vigil don start be that...
Hahahaha! 1000% true.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by CaptainFM1: 12:27pm On Apr 14
I'm trying to understand how shabby your AC installation could be for a bird to pass through. You obviously don't need AC in your home if you can't have air tight seal on your vents to maintain positive pressure inside.

It's the likes of you that Minister of power is referring to that waste electricity power...hahaha
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by naturefellow(m): 12:28pm On Apr 14
Don't let that bird die because of your ignorance.

That's a Little swift. It is a migratory bird, and an aerial feeder. Insectivorous, it feeds and drinks on the wing. Keeping it as a pet is neither a bright idea nor an option.

Let it go!

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by stevups(m): 12:28pm On Apr 14
spinna:
this is a swift it hardly sits still.. its an amazing acrobatic flier.. if you have a huge man height cage go ahead..otherwise let it go

You know it very well. If I tell you what is used for, you won't believe

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:28pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

Chop am
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by baconline(m): 12:29pm On Apr 14
Too old for u to train, release it pls

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by ejimatic: 12:30pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

. EYE AWON IYAMI OPAKIOLAKI ALAGOGO IDE!

EYE IYA OSOGBO
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by muyico(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14
Take it to nearest zoon?

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by micflo28(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14
Its a bird of prey, it was being chased by a predator bird. It took cover in your house. Release it back into the wild.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Chetas81(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14
orikoku:
Poor little bird 🐦
poor eyesight see poor living things
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Le2money(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14
This is true oo grin grin

chicfarmer:
You don' catch Twitter grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Iceberg3: 12:38pm On Apr 14
12 lashes of Koboko on ya buttocks for destroying their home.
Secondly take it outside,hold it on your palms and see if it will cry out for it's parents..if it does and it's parents come around,free it.
But if the parents don't come around and since you say it can fly already,free it outside. Don't keep it,swifts ain't good as pets,it may die.

2 Likes

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Nursepepeye(f): 12:38pm On Apr 14
Forumites:
what a fine bird. Find out what it eats or set it free.
exactly.
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by kestolove95(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14
See meat
Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by dopedealer(m): 12:42pm On Apr 14
Can I have that plaintain embarassed

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Solowande(m): 12:43pm On Apr 14
Free it and let it go and fend for itself. p

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Tallesty1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 14
Thundafireseun:

Ask questions….one village woman is missing from your village
I am surprised that he has not recognized her.

The bird is his aunt from the village, the one he didn't greet the last time he was there.

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by Noblemanonpoint: 12:47pm On Apr 14
That's a swallow or swift.
Please release the bird it needs tremendous amount of space to survive. Won't survive in captivity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by dnawah(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14
Keepamsafe:

if u can feed it, good

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by ForValour: 12:49pm On Apr 14
Saturnalia:
This is an African Pied Crow (Google it). Witches & Diabolical entities use it to fly during the day, while they use the owl to fly at night.

Please kill the bird and burn it to ashes.
How does that bird look like a crow? You need to use your recommendation more.

1 Like

Re: See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help by wallarwallar(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14
PointZerom:
Na your village people send am.

Foolish and backward reasoning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Loan Defaulter Paints His Dog As Tiger To Scare Away Palmpay Officers In Anambra / Can You Trust Your Dog With Your Baby Like This? (pics) / Two Manatees Caught In River Benue. Boys Charge N100 Per View (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.