Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Anomaly In Nigeria Of Soldiers Doing Police Work - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Anomaly In Nigeria Of Soldiers Doing Police Work (203 Views)

#AbujaMassacre Trends On Twitter Over Video Of Soldiers Shooting At Protesters / Boy Says He's Not Afraid Of Police Officers, But Afraid Of Soldiers & Boko Haram / Residents Flee Community In Rivers State After Killing Of Soldiers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anomaly In Nigeria Of Soldiers Doing Police Work by whatisthetruth: 8:53am On Apr 15
Can't type much as I have work to do, but I just read how soldiers killed a hotel manager during an interrogation (May his soul rest in peace in Jesus name, amen), and it made me ponder more about just how upside down Nigeria is.

We are in a democracy, yet soldiers act like police without the president declaring a state of emergency.

I have brought this up before, but some wicked Nigerians thought it normal for soldiers to do as they please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Anomaly In Nigeria Of Soldiers Doing Police Work by gidgiddy: 9:57am On Apr 15
whatisthetruth:
Can't type much as I have work to do, but I just read how soldiers killed a hotel manager during an interrogation (May his soul rest in peace in Jesus name, amen), and it made me ponder more about just how upside down Nigeria is.

We are in a democracy, yet soldiers act like police without the president declaring a state of emergency.

I have brought this up before, but some wicked Nigerians thought it normal for soldiers to do as they please.

Nigeria is messed up. Other countries, yiu don't see their Army, they are not allowed outside the barrak

But in Nigeria, you see the Army everywhere, taking over the job of Police. The Nigerian Army has no right to investigate, arrest, interrogate anyone. They can't even charge people to court

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Absu Killing / Sango OTA' Electric Poles Damaged Everywhere After Rainfall (video) / Thread Modifying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.