Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job (417 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / Kindly Advise Me From Your Experience / What Business Can I Start With 100k Very Urgent !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by Pojomojo: 11:03am On Apr 15
Good morning ma,
I am youth corp member and a caterer I will be getting married next month.

I have N1.2m in my account currently and I am confused 🤔 between starting my own business or searching for a job.

My plan was to use part to rent accommodation, furnish & make the place look good after getting a job
My estimate then was 700-800k

Kindly advise what's best I can do.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by virtualbliss: 11:26am On Apr 15
[quote author=Pojomojo post=129448351][/quote]

You are getting married next month and you want to rent house.
Are you renting the house for your husband to be to come living with you ( if you are a female) cos Cathering is a female dominated profession

Don't your husband has a house where you will go after your wedding?

Business, especially is uncertain this days due to economy so I recommend you get a job and be doing side business.

When the business has grown you may decide to quit your job to focus on the business

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:58am On Apr 15
I think you should venture into the catering business , get a big shop or if your husband apartment is big enough you can get some catering machines that will help you in future

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by Kelklein(m): 12:51pm On Apr 15
How did the two commenters above conclude that the op is a female.. he could be a male you know..

Have you ever seen where a woman is looking for a house and furnishing it in order to get married and settle down?!.. I sense that the op is a male..

@OP, you already have a skill set, that means you do not need to waste your time going to look for a Job.. this doesn't mean you won't look for the Job o as time runs by..

I suggest you focus 75% of your time on your proposed business.. use part of the savings to get a small place and grow from there.. network and let people know about your business. Leave the house furnishing for the time being, you can do that later not long from now..

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by Shinjawestern: 12:55pm On Apr 15
Just use that 1.2 m start business since u be man wey wnt marry next month...

If you marry and u no get job as a man Ur woman love for you go reduce sharp sharp...

She fit even divorce you next year...

Hope say Ur woman na from southwest if she is from the East, big wahala for you...

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by IyaTola: 3:43pm On Apr 15
Kelklein:
How did the two commenters above conclude that the op is a female.. he could be a male you know..

Have you ever seen where a woman is looking for a house and furnishing it in order to get married and settle down?!.. I sense that the op is a male..

@OP, you already have a skill set, that means you do not need to waste your time going to look for a Job.. this doesn't mean you won't look for the Job o as time runs by..

I suggest you focus 75% of your time on your proposed business.. use part of the savings to get a small place and grow from there.. network and let people know about your business. Leave the furnishing for the time being, you can do that later not long from now..
What's if she's a female?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by IyaTola: 6:58am On Apr 17
Shinjawestern:
Just use that 1.2 m start business since u be man wey wnt marry next month...

If you marry and u no get job as a man Ur woman love for you go reduce sharp sharp...

She fit even divorce you next year...

Hope say Ur woman na from southwest if she is from the East, big wahala for you...

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest
undecided
Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by Meerahbel: 8:25am On Apr 17
Start your own business, it will tough in the first few years 1-3yrs but after that you would have understood many things. We cannot all work for someone. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".

1 Like

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by GideonOludayomi(m): 10:00am On Apr 17
[quote author=Pojomojo post=129448351][/quote]

Since you are already a catheter, I would advise you relax, calm down. Except you are 100% sure of how to run the business, otherwise, get a job (related to Cathering). Don't mind the pay, there are some experiences you don't need to experience. You already have the capital. You can also work in partnership with established catheters and then build yours gradually. I assumed you are a focused person. Please don't shortchange your potential partners or boss in the bid to start your own business o. If they can, you can. You don't have to boycott anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Advise Me Should I Start A Business Or Look For A Job by Pojomojo: 10:13pm On Apr 20
wink
GideonOludayomi:

Since you are already a catheter, I would advise you relax, calm down. Except you are 100% sure of how to run the business, otherwise, get a job (related to Cathering). Don't mind the pay, there are some experiences you don't need to experience. You already have the capital. You can also work in partnership with established catheters and then build yours gradually. I assumed you are a focused person. Please don't shortchange your potential partners or boss in the bid to start your own business o. If they can, you can. You don't have to boycott anyone.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Attractive Pay Jobs In Lagos! / Urgent Vacancy / Female Marketers Are Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.