Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Keeping Up With My Quest For Success! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keeping Up With My Quest For Success! (60 Views)

His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. / Married People Revealed The Darkest Secrets They've Been Keeping. / Prophet Divine Okoh's Marriage Ends After 3 Months For Not Keeping To Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keeping Up With My Quest For Success! by Schoolguy9(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15
As brief as possible, I want to quickly say that I am not all that bouyant but I am willing to make it by all ways legal. It might not have been necessary to say this outwardly but looking at the way things are going in our society, you wonder who's right and who is actually wrong.

Before when things happen, people seek to know the truth but now when things happen, people just identify with the larger group of people that are making the more noise. In our society, we no longer say the truth because of the fear of being called archaic, outdated, nwa mgbeke and all sorts of things. Everybody wants to identify with the happening class. Now, do you know the implication? People lie to maintain their status.

Coming to the family, I don't know where to start from! Before, when somebody says he or she comes from a good family background, it means the person has home training! Now, who is there to train the children? Even some home training these days are toxic because they are filled with hatred for the other neighbour. Telling the children not to greet the other person simply because you have a little misunderstanding with the person is not good!

Come to think of it, have you wondered why some people can no longer openly and boldly condemn cybercr*me? It is because it gives money and a lot of people will not smile with you if you do so. So, instead of condemning it, they give it sweet names. Let's not touch the prostitution counterpart because it's more than a million dollar industry on it's own.

Why am I saying this? It is because nobody is talking about hardwork again! In fact, hardwork sounds like a curse now. Motivation sounds stupid and even preaching appears to be deceitful because it's easy to make it via shortcut than through the normal process but that shortcut comes with consequences.

The human nature doesn't like suffering but condition imposes it on us! We are not trying to say that you should not do your thing but remember that there is still something called the moral compass upon which the measure of who is either right or wrong is established! So, let us not hide our faces in shame when people speak evil of our humble beginnings. Today might be rough but the way to success is never blocked as you just have to go through it, go around or move over it. What matters is being on the right direction because when evil proceeds of our national assets favor the rich, they say it's grace but when a poor guy becomes something in life, they say he was just lucky!

To become somebody in life, you have to understand who you are, where you come from and where you are going to because what works for others might not work for you if you're not destined to succeed that way. The sweet side of life is impaired when we know that the number of days we have to spend on Earth are starring at us right in the face. That notwithstanding, we were allowed to witness the ups and downs of life so that we can know how to better coin our stories. In this life, people become legends by doing what other people thought should have been left for the computers. And, that is thinking!

Thinking in the right direction shows that I have left where I used to be, who I used to be and what I wanted to be. So, I am saying sorry to my past because we will never meet again and if I have the opportunity, I would tell the children that cybercri'me does not pay but following the dictates of the society, I just have to get busy with my little inputs. To even think that I have time to remember those at the mortuary is amusing but respect to those who died well! In all, we shall meet when the rain drops and the pasture becomes greener. So, be quiet and let nature have its way until you experience the supernatural.

I am of the opinion that if we keep ethnic bigotry, religious arguments and personal egos aside, we would come to a round table and do business irrespective of what we think of our races! Where we are rushing to might not be clear but hurting others while on the way leaves a lot of apologies to be made. So, live by your own dictates but let those dictates be morally upright, considerate and spiritual!

If condition pushes you out of school, rush into business because there won't be much time to complain as to who is to be blamed! So, no matter who you have in mind, try to do something for yourself first to at least, be independent to a large extent. The government officials you are waiting for no longer care about the unemployment rate and some of them even got into power by settling eyeneck. So, I guess our security agencies are doing well to protect them and it might suffice to say that your votes do not count in some cases.

Before you think that I am talking too much, let me save us the embarrassment of spilling more in order not to announce to the world what happens in high places controlled by the powers that be. So, on this level, I can boldly say that I have not bitten more than I can chew.

May you succeed as well as I keep note of my regrets, expectations and exaggerations as to how I managed to make it in life or fail as that in itself is a huge resource for those who care to hear and those who are to come.

Before the unborn generation grows wing enough to fly to my humble abode and ask me, What have you been doing? I would have grown bouyant enough to say that I statistically and elegantly survived buhari's era and many more that are to come. This in itself is an unexpected victory. So, let the rumbling continue.

When we learn to talk truth to power, we might learn that it can turn against us but truth still has to be said. Nigeria is home to 90% of humans' problems on Earth.

(1) (Reply)

My Favorite Terrible Thing PDF - Madeleine Henry / Buy And Build Land With Verified Title In EPE: Maven Phase2 / Xu Fuyou Is A Profiteer Who Sells Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.