Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation (6916 Views)

NELFUND Says BVN Mandatory For Student Loans, Targets 1.2 Million Beneficiaries / Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme / Kaduna Govt Evacuates Scholarship Beneficiaries In Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Max24: 7:15am On Apr 17
Any Obidient that applies for this loan must be an Omo ale. They said it won't work. It is an audio program. It is propaganda. Hope they know that if they now go behind to collect it there is karma on them and they are hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by PheelzAlmighty: 7:16am On Apr 17
Audio
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Angelfrost(m): 7:16am On Apr 17
Well, he didn't clearly explain how the beneficiaries will be selected upon applying...!

That's a huge gray area that needs to clarified for the sake of transparency.

It's not enough to claim these numbers will benefit or have benefited (when the scheme begins)... You have to show verifiable names and the process of selection.

I wish you all well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Pat081: 7:17am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:
Are you serious only 1.2mil beneficiaries? What is the essence of the student loan. What sort systematic scam is this? If you divide 1.2 mil by 37 states you get 33000 in each state. That means only 33000 will get the student loan in each state.
And those 33000 will be those who know someone at the top ooooo not for children of the poor man only God will save us in this so call Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 7:18am On Apr 17
Pls no obidients should near that loan let them go and get their loan from Grigory.

Any obidient that apply for that loan it shall never be well with you, if you take that loan you won't succeed in whatever you will use it for. Amen and Izeeh join.

You want Nigeria to fail baa? And as God live you will never enjoy anything good in Nigeria.

I'm really angry with you guys like hell.

"Plus you minus you(obidients) Nigeria will rise again". This is my country and I will stand to defend it no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Blaze14k: 7:19am On Apr 17
Djbme:

Most you criticize everything, 33k is not enough? How many university you have in your state ?

It's definitely not enough. It's not even close to enough. Is this supposed to be a special package for certain number of people? The government should be prepared to roll out student load for federal and state universities in Nigeria unabated. It should be a matter of choice and not a certain number of people

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Angelfrost(m): 7:20am On Apr 17
Chucks13:
Pls no obidients should near that loan let them go and get their loan from Grigory.

Any obidient that apply for that loan it shall never be well with you, if you take that loan you won't succeed in whatever you will use it for. Amen and Izeeh join.

You want Nigeria to fail baa? And as God live you will never enjoy anything good in Nigeria.

"Plus you minus you(obidients) Nigeria will rise again". This is my country and I ill stand to defend it no matter what.

If that prayer were real or effectual, Tinubu and Buhari would have massively suffered and died long before 2015...!

Brother, talk another thing! grin

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by DagashSamson: 7:28am On Apr 17
Tinubu owns The Nation and Punch newspapers as well as TVC. I am very cautious about any news from those media outlets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by fortune1968: 7:30am On Apr 17
Only 1.2million .Then, it a nonsense scheme.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by TemmyT002(m): 7:34am On Apr 17
The Nation is Baba Tinubu's personal newspaper outlet.
Don't believe whatever they say until you see it with your korokoro eyes.
It is a propaganda arm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by FatherOfJesus: 7:39am On Apr 17
Lol, 1.2million ghost beneficiaries.

No be Nigeria again?

Money wey go end up for individual accounts through ghost applications

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Offpoint1: 7:39am On Apr 17
stano2:
Invisible 1.2m
1.2m ghost beneficiaries and 50k man-know-man beneficiaries... They rest 50k goes to the masses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by FatherOfJesus: 7:39am On Apr 17
Chucks13:

"Plus you minus you(obidients) Nigeria will rise again". This is my country and I will stand to defend it no matter what.
Mynd44 and Fergie001 please do justice to this nuisance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 7:41am On Apr 17
Angelfrost:

If that prayer were real or effectual, Tinubu and Buhari would have massively suffered and died long before 2015...!

Brother, talk another thing! grin

Oh so you wan go collect the loan See your life?

Failure no get joy. So you wan collect money wey Tinubu you hated made available?

Shame on you....

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Khyrvxjzy: 7:41am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:
Are you serious only 1.2mil beneficiaries? What is the essence of the student loan. What sort systematic scam is this? If you divide 1.2 mil by 37 states you get 33000 in each state. That means only 33000 will get the student loan in each state.

open your brain and read

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 7:44am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:

Read ok.
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by BAMMZ(m): 7:45am On Apr 17
An implication of this loan will be an increase in school fees...... Now universities will feel free to jack up fees. Can Nigerians really cope with this loan in the long run?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Blaze14k: 7:47am On Apr 17
Chucks13:

Read ok.

You guys are funny what exactly should I read that I haven't. Student should be by choice not a certain number of people. I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by slowice(m): 7:47am On Apr 17
Lol yahoo boys in government. They are just incapable of doing anything well, too many criminals in one party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 7:48am On Apr 17
FatherOfJesus:
Mynd44 and Fergie001 please do justice to this nuisance

If you like called Trump, Netayahu, Macron join I will say it again any obidients who collect that money it shall never be well with him or her oya tell your tyrants NL Mods to do the justice?

You hate Nigeria yet want to enjoy Nigeria, it won't work go and collect loan from Grigory, Aisha and Charlie Boy ok....

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 7:52am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:

You guys are funny what exactly should I read that I haven't. Student should be by choice not a certain number of people. I stand to be corrected

Show me the one obj did?
Show me the one Gej our man did?
Show me the one Buhari did?

So if you can't appreciate this little beggining effort pls face your front.

Is it not even better? Your obi opened his mouth to say Educaton is not for the poor or you want to tell me you are not aware of that statement, then what is your fuss on this?

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Timiblanko(m): 7:55am On Apr 17
BeeBeeOoh:
• Selected applicants to get upkeep stipends

We Nigerians are just typically stupid.
Some are saying lori iro.

Let's come to think of it, is the loan worth it?
You increased tuition fee then roll out loan

Are they not supposed to lower cost of living?

Some students has graduated years now without good job, How do you fresh graduate with no source of income to pay your given loan.

https://thenationonlineng.net/student-loan-scheme-set-for-take-off-with-1-2m-beneficiaries/

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Angelfrost(m): 7:55am On Apr 17
Chucks13:

Oh so you wan go collect the loan See your life?

Failure no get joy. So you wan collect money wey Tinubu you hated made available?

Shame on you....

Nope... I neither hate Tinubu, nor do I need a loan.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy and silliness of your post.

There's nothing Obidients are doing or saying that APC, Tinubu and Buhari didn't say or do worse when Jonathan was in power.

So, if you have no sensible thing to comment, go and read for your waec! tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by nairalanda1(m): 7:56am On Apr 17
AM not enthusiastic about the loan, really.

But at the end, we got no choice. University funding needs trillions of naira...maybe over 5 trillion per annum, if not higher. Government won't raise tax levels, won't diversify the economy, so loans to students. (maybe grants to the poorest of the poor)

Even then, I forsee the thing would collapse in ten years. Or be high debt. Loan programmes in NIgeria, unless backed by high interest, don't usually work.

2 Likes

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Blaze14k: 8:01am On Apr 17
Chucks13:

Show me the one obj did?
Show me the one Gej our man did?
Show me the one Buhari did?

So if you can't appreciate this little beggining effort pls face your front.

Tell me how you would feel when you get to apply and you find out the loan is no longer available. You see one thing you guys refuse understand is every single nigerian deserves an equal right. The aspect of paying stipends on monthly basis is pointless. If there target is solely for people who can't afford to pay there school fees they should create a body at the institution who can easily run the account statement of the student sponsor to determine the level of there income. Buh that is not the case according to the law they passed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by franudi: 8:07am On Apr 17
I hope they will publish the verifiable number of benefitiaries state by state.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by condralbedez: 8:11am On Apr 17
Since i was born and now that am getting old, i hv seen anyone that benefited from this thier scheme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by PepeXKermit: 8:12am On Apr 17
Nigeria govt should go and ask why Americans do not really wish to go into college anymore. How can you graduate at a young age of 20 and have heavy debts hanging on your neck? what kind of society is that? Now look at what will happen with this student loan thing, schools will increase their fees astronomically inorder to get more money from the FG. this is is why fees in the states cost thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 8:22am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:

Tell me how you would feel when you get to apply and you find out the loan is no longer available. You see one thing you guys refuse understand is every single nigerian deserves an equal right. The aspect of paying stipends on monthly basis is pointless. If there target is solely for people who can't afford to pay there school fees they should create a body at the institution who can easily run the account statement of the student sponsor to determine the level of there income. Buh that is not the case according to the law they passed

Mr man pls just face your front. In UK where student loanexist some application are rejected and some goes through.

Moreso Tinubu owe no one a compelling student loan. Obj, Gej, Buhari didn't do it so if his man is trying to start it take it o leave it, it's no a must ok.
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Etosha: 8:27am On Apr 17
Can PG students apply?
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Blaze14k: 8:29am On Apr 17
Chucks13:

Mr man pls just face your front. In UK where student loanexist some application are rejected and some goes through.

Moreso Tinubu owe no one a compelling student loan. Obj, Gej, Buhari didn't do it so if his man is trying to start it take it o leave it, it's no a must ok.

If your student is rejected in UK it simply means you didn't meet up to there requirement according to there law. Besides it's free for everybody to apply so what exactly is your point.

Please stop talking about obj and co this is not the point here. My point is everybody is entitled to have the student loan not a certain number of people. If your application is rejected it simply means you didn't meet the requirements that is how it supposed to be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Kukutenla: 8:31am On Apr 17
That part is stipend should be cancelled. It is more prone to abuse than the loan itself.

The Sawyerr of a guy seems to be like someone who has been called to come and chop. All talk, no action.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Esut Cut Off Marks / VALEO INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015 - INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETITON / Jamb/utme Cbt Practice Software(test Driller) Activation Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.