Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land (427 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Psoul(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18
No one in Tiv land should give you a list to buy items in the name of traditional marriage, that borrowed culture is hereby abolished by Tiv traditional area council
(IJIR TAMEN)

all you need is.
1 - N100,000.00 highest amount and it can be less.

2 - Go with at least three elders
3 - meet with the bride parents and tell them of your marriage intention, let them call their daughter and ask, if she says yes, then you give them N100,000.00 and take your wife home

4 - No more party at bride house, you will only take her and do the celebration at your home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by zeuss: 5:47pm On Apr 18
Excellent....homes will be happier.
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Natbrowny: 6:14pm On Apr 18
After plentiful reasoning.

I been don dey like dis style.

1 Like

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by MMempire(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18
Good call.
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Stevenbright(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18
Really...
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Sonnobax15(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18
undecided
This is coming after una don make my elder bro to sell him only plot of land just to marry una daughter finish abi......

3 Likes

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Peakdesign23(m): 10:53am On Apr 19
I think this should be done in every part of Nigeria, cos bride price is just too cumbersome for these girls that will still cheat.

2 Likes

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by 1000Capacity: 3:55pm On Apr 19
The problem isn't the marriage rites. The question is can you provide for yourself and your wife?
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ishilove: 3:56pm On Apr 19
Sauce?
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Omoluabi16(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19
Ishilove:
Sauce?
chilli.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Caleb15(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19
Ishilove:
Sauce?
Na Bitcoin them dey collect
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ishilove: 4:37pm On Apr 19
Caleb15:

Na Bitcoin them dey collect
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ishilove: 4:37pm On Apr 19
Omoluabi16:
chilli.
🀣🀣
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by joseph1832(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19
With garden egg? grin
Ishilove:
Sauce?
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by joseph1832(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19
Psoul:
No one in Tiv land should give you a list to buy items in the name of traditional marriage, that borrowed culture is hereby abolished by Tiv traditional area council
(IJIR TAMEN)

all you need is.

3 - meet with the bride parents and tell them of your marriage intention, let them call their daughter and ask, if she says yes, then you give them N100,000.00 and take your wife home

4 - No more party at bride house, you will only take her and do the celebration at your home.
OH boy. If this is true, some elders, family members and parents will be very angry oh. Lmao.
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ishilove: 5:02pm On Apr 19
joseph1832:
With garden egg? grin
And peppered chicken grin
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ishilove: 5:03pm On Apr 19
joseph1832:
OH boy. If this is true, some elders, family members and parents will be very angry oh. Lmao.
That is why I asked for the sauce of this news grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by 99thEnemy(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19
Psoul:
(IJIR TAMEN)

all you need is.

Decreed by who?
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by joseph1832(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19
Ishilove:

That is why I asked for the sauce of this news grin
Ishilove:

And peppered chicken grin
Na real sauce of the news.

I'm telling you, even with this, many families won't listen. You'll start hearing lamentation upon lamentation like "shey when I fvck my wife dem dey Derek, wey dem dey talk say make we no collect bribe price" or "na when e reach my turn to collect their own, after dem collect for my own, nahim dem come dey talk say, no more bride price? Tufiakwa" etc. All this in their nature dialect of course. Lol.

Similar thing happen when I was staying in Otukpo. The Ochedoma gave strict warning that families should stop making bride price expensive etc. He even made sure the village chieves,, actually try to enforce it. It was in my presence, I saw when the villagers actually chased a village chief away, for trying to enforce it. The dude had to leave his vehicle and ran away, if not, dem for beat shege comot for him body. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Apr 19
joseph1832:

I'm telling you, even with this, many families won't listen. You'll start hearing lamentation upon lamentation like "shey when I fvck my wife dem dey Derek, wey dem dey talk say make we no collect bribe price" or "na when e reach my turn to collect their own, after dem collect for my own, nahim dem come dey talk say, no more bride price? Tufiakwa" etc. All this in their nature dialect of course. Lol.

Similar thing happen when I was staying in Otukpo. The Ochedoma gave strict warning that families should stop making bride price expensive etc. He even made sure the village chieves,, actually try to enforce it. It was in my presence, I saw when the villagers actually chased a village chief away, for trying to enforce it. The dude had to leave his vehicle and ran away, if not, dem for beat shege comot for him body. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Greedy mofos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by Ganjafama(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19
Sonnobax15:
undecided
This is coming after una don make my elder bro to sell him only plot of land just to marry una daughter finish abi......
I'm sure they didn't put a gun to your brother's head before he sold the land. He sold the land because he loved the woman.
Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by JONSYN7154: 8:25am On Apr 20
Psoul:
(IJIR TAMEN)

all you need is.

Gboko here I come to marry my friend Mimidoo that work with sora International school.

Thank God for Tiv traditional council o.

1 Like

Re: No More Traditional Marriage List In Tiv Land by JONSYN7154: 8:29am On Apr 20
joseph1832:

Which part of otukpo?
Guy, I don’t believe you. Beside which chief did they chased?

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen This Boy? / Argument Makes Your Relationship Stronger / Salary Earners Hw Much Are You Dependent On Ur Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.