Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,960 members, 7,852,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Benue Mob Burns Two Alleged Motorcycle Thieves To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Benue Mob Burns Two Alleged Motorcycle Thieves To Death (250 Views)

Angry Mob Burns Two Suspected Robbers To Death In Onitsha Main Market (Graphic) / Mob Sets Ablaze Two Suspected Motorcycle Thieves In Ibadan (Video) / Angry Mob Burnt Two Suspected Thieves To Death In Niger (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue Mob Burns Two Alleged Motorcycle Thieves To Death by biographyinsigh: 11:08am On Apr 20
Two individuals, accused of seizing a motorcycle and attempting a robbery, met a tragic end at the hands of a mob in Makurdi, the capital of Benue State.

According to reports, the incident occurred between 12 and 1 am on Friday, in the Nyon area, a Makurdi suburb.

An eyewitness recounted that the suspects were caught and subjected to mob justice after a commercial motorcyclist, known locally as an Okada rider, raised an alarm while the suspects were trying to rob him of his motorcycle.

The witness, identified only as Terna, relayed the account of the Okada rider, who stated that he picked up the passengers from Katsina Ala street in the High-Level area of Makurdi, with their destination being Nyon.

“They directed me to a street in Nyon. But as it was late, I asked for payment to return, but they claimed they had no money and would pay upon reaching their destination,” said the Okada rider. “When I tried to leave, they forcibly demanded the motorcycle keys. When I refused, a struggle ensued, and I raised an alarm.”

Terna expressed concern over the rising incidents of motorcycle theft in Makurdi and noted that community members, particularly the youth, were determined not to let such criminals go unpunished.

He explained that the youth pursued and apprehended the suspected bike robbers before administering severe beatings and ultimately setting them on fire.

SP Catherine Anene, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Benue State Command, confirmed receiving a report on the incident. She stated that officers had been dispatched to the community to investigate further.

Anene emphasized the importance of not taking the law into one's own hands and urged the public to report such incidents to law enforcement agencies for appropriate action.

https://biographyinsight.com.ng/benue-mob-burns-two-alleged-motorcycle-thieves-to-death/
Re: Benue Mob Burns Two Alleged Motorcycle Thieves To Death by Alexiiydon: 1:28pm On Apr 20
Make I book space ...I go talk watin Dey my mind if he reach front page
Re: Benue Mob Burns Two Alleged Motorcycle Thieves To Death by asfrank(m): 1:58pm On Apr 20
From the information I got, the DPO in charge of the area was called, and he simply told them to bring the thieves to the station. On hearing his response, one among the area boys said "even the DPO has given them permission to burn them".

(1) (Reply)

Father Slumps, Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station / BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Kills 7 In Borno Town / Man Slaps Wife To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.