Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Latfamee Farms: Engineer Olatinwo Lukman Olaniran Speaks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Latfamee Farms: Engineer Olatinwo Lukman Olaniran Speaks (40 Views)

Olatinwo Family Unveils Magnificent Modern Mosque In Offa / Engr Taofeek Olatinwo Pays A Working Visit To One Innovation Hub Offa / Why Lukman Gbadegesin Should Not Be Alaafin Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latfamee Farms: Engineer Olatinwo Lukman Olaniran Speaks by Jimsonjaat96(m): 5:42pm On Apr 20
Latfamee Farms: Engineer Olatinwo Lukman Olaniran Speaks On Overcoming Challenges and Achieving Fantastic Turnover

Q: Introduction of yourself

A: My name is Engineer Olatinwo Lukman Olaniran, a staff of Federal Polytechnic Offa in the Department of Electrical and Electrical Engineering. I am also a farmer; I deal with poultry chicks. My farm's name is Latfamee Farms, a subsidiary of Latfamee Consult, which deals with agricultural produce and ICT. We started this poultry farm about six months ago.

Q: How's the journey in poultry farming going?

A: To God be the glory, it has been fantastic. The challenges faced in the course of this poultry farm include acquiring knowledge about diseases, types of feeds, timing of vaccinations, and marketing strategies. However, the triumph of this business is the amazing turnover. It's a short-term business; within 3 months, you can greatly recoup your investment, making it a lucrative venture.

Q: Any challenges therein?

A: The challenges faced in the course of this farming include diseases such as Oxy and TDR. We must understand how to identify and manage them. Heat stress is another major issue. We must know the measures to reduce the temperature for the hens because heat stress greatly affects the chickens and increases their mortality rate. Once the mortality rate increases, the business suffers. Thus, understanding how to address heat stress is crucial, especially for breeding birds.

Q: Any advice for prospective poultry farmers?

A: My advice to anyone interested in joining the business is to gain knowledge first and find a mentor to guide you. Don't venture into the business blindly. It's a profitable venture, but you need to understand the diseases, feeds, and market strategies. Without a solid market plan, your efforts may be in vain. Thank you, and God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Coping With Loss: Tips For Dealing With Grief / Microsoft 365(office): Powerpoint / How To Remove Old Glass Door Knobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.