Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? (20637 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 19, 2011
i have always used my mum as my next of kin but now that i just got married,i dont know if it is wise to change it to my wife.please help me with your candid opinion cuz i dnt want to make any mistakes.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2011
^^^ If you're married, your wife should be your next of kin. If you have children with your wife, then your child should be your next of kin. My daughter is my next of kin, though others may choose differently.

If your mother's your next of kin, and God forbids, something happens to you, your wife will be left with nothing. She'll be pushed out.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by freecocoa(f): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2011
I'm not married, my only brother is my next of kin,when I get married and have a child,he or she will be my next of kin but before the child comes,I guess I'll change it to my husband or still leave it to my brother.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by seedord247(m): 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2011
Hmmmmmm . . . .the Wicked shall not go unpunished.

As for me  . . . Na Tunde Junior o oo o or Saidat . .  . they are the best thing in life wey i get for now
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by otosa(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2011
1+1=1, I mean by marriage formula, since you have married, your wife is Wright person as your next of kin but do not disclose it,
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by seedord247(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
otosa:

1+1=1, I mean by marriage formula, since you have married, your wife is Wright person as your next of kin but do not disclose it,

If she con find out Nko . , remember naija girl won Badtt Gannn . .
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by eghost247(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
brother sister or mother if you dont have your own family and when u do your family ie your kid or your spouse
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by damoskiy(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2011
some close to you and younger in age to you.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by oneuniquemind(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
Fink Sm1 dt wen cald upon in tym of danger 'l be able to respond nd sm1 u can trust to take ur place wen u'r nt around.hp am correct o
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by tunnytox(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2011
Your wife should be your next of kin having being joined together to become ONE.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
Like someone said above your wife should be your next of kin and when you have kids make your first son your next of kin and make him your best friend too, that way he'd be just the way you want him; he wont disappoint you
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by ipio(f): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2011
Its my husband anyday
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by splitnaija(m): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2011
ipio:

Its my husband anyday

my wife anyday.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Osama10(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
It should be your wife now.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by goggs(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2011
my wifey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always

She is my confidant and will be always be a mother to our children.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by gascoign1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2011
Until am married, my trusted younger brother remains the N.O.K
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by kelz88(f): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2011
My parents have always used each other, while I've always used my dad.

When I get married it will be my husband.

Will be hard to decide on which sibling as there's so many to choose from.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by crackhouse(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2011
I think ur wife is the right person to be used as ur next of kin. My point is that, if sth happens to u, it's ur wife that will take care of ur children but if u use ur son as ur next of kin and it happen that u have more than one son, it may simply mean that u are willing everything to him so if anything happens, others may not have access to ur money or whatever it is. So, i think ur wife is the best option because she is the person that will take over the affairs of the family if u go first{because they are her children too}. unless u have intention of divorcing ur wife in future then u can choose otherwise.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by PHIPEX(m): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2011
If u believe in the concept of "for better, for worse" then your wife otherwise find someone you can trust.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by ng4am(f): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2011
my daughter all the way!
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by koolguy88(m): 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
my next of kin is my estate and the administration shall be run by my nuclear family, headed by my wife
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Sacarstic: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2011
Though,my wife and i have always heard differences and at some points distrust for each other but i have always made her my next of kin because she remains the mother of our children, it is her business however she decides to use whatever i leave behind where there is no "WILL" but i am pretty sure those two kids will never forgive her if she should fail to do the right thing.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Sike(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2011
Not until i get married oh!
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by vitality22(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
My friend, pls for the sake of what you believe in, your wife should/must be your next of kin. Am telling you from cases i have handled and still handling where i work, where nok will come to claim death benefits of deceased loved ones. Things are happening oo. Be wise
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:16am On Nov 20, 2011
For now its my sister
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Revolva(m): 12:20am On Nov 20, 2011
I dont trust no one, in ma family, if i die let my money go with me, hahahaha
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by tigerleggs(m): 12:37am On Nov 20, 2011
My 3 months old son is my next of kin. I feel safer with him.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by kizito96(m): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2011
My son is my next of kin. My wife will only be the next of kin if she still answer my name and live with my children, if not my lawyer would not give her access to my property
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by gulfer: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2011
My wife without doubt is my next of kin for the fact that she bore my children and will not treat them bad at my departure. Any other person, you risk loosing it all for your children and you'll not be forgiven.
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by ajadek(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2011
Before maried my parent ist,after maried i will wait till 2 or three children then i will change it to my wife or my ist son/daughter
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by Agybabe(f): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2011
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Hubby but he too must do same
Re: Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? by redsquare(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2011
When i was in Naija as a banker, a girl came to open an account, while filling the form she chose her boyfriend as her next of kin and i was like, are you ok?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Couple Force Daughter To Drink Her Urine / What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband / Mum Suffocates 11-month-old-son Then Mourns His Death On Facebook (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.