Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock (17052 Views)

You Miss Someones Calls And Refused To Call Back Yet You Pray For Destiny Helper / I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? / MY Infinix Hot4lite Phone Sensor Light Dont Off When Making Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by papyjaypaul: 11:30am On Apr 22

2 Likes

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Offpoint1: 11:37am On Apr 22
Timoleon:

A wasted mb out of your meagre 10mb who born you well to sleep well? You dey guide 100naira waiting for midnight, you say make you flash person wey you wan call later make e dey ready d person pick am your credit turn to 98 naira immediately. Na sad night dey wait for you so.
grin grin You go come dey beg per make dem Family and friend you N5 grin

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by KingTom(m): 11:41am On Apr 22
Juwessgratitud3:
Those days were very tough. It's even worse when you're targeting one mins and the thing now enters 1:200 they'll be like it's 2 mins and you'll be begging them it just 2 secons on top but some wicked operators will want you to pay for 2 mins. Chai mumu era. grin.

My happiness then was I was working as a secretary then and so had access to landline that I used in calling anywhere throughout the day.
Then we had VGC landline network and it was very fast. I'll be on phone for hours, alhaji will come back and pay the bills. .. grin. alhaji was my chairman o.

Now I can make calls for hours on mobile. No shaking. It can only get better.

Hmmmm grin

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by LyfeJennings(m): 11:43am On Apr 22
Thank God for Globacom
MTN & ECONET really ripped Nigerians back then
SIM cards were sold for 60,000
Very wicked set of people
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Timoleon(m): 11:44am On Apr 22
Offpoint1:

grin grin You go come dey beg per make dem Family and friend you N5 grin

Or make you make the call reach the lasf minute for morning without minding the time, the way mtn dey vanish your 100 naira ehn, less than 1 minute after 4:00 am mtn don tell you, 'you have 1 minute remaining' by the time you cut d call, na 22 naira go remain.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Timoleon(m): 11:47am On Apr 22
MetalJigsaw:
And the downloading would take so long.

Network was 2g in the early days. That's why it was slow.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Offpoint1: 11:47am On Apr 22
Timoleon:

Or make you make the call reach the lasf minute for morning without minding the time, the way mtn dey vanish your 100 naira ehn, less than 1 minute after 4:00 am mtn don tell you, 'you have 1 minute remaining' by the time you cut d call, na 22 naira go remain.
grin grin you legit.... you go come dey shout yeeee. you wey don plan to use am again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by AfDapone: 11:50am On Apr 22
We should also not forget the glorious Operamini and the browsing cheats.

2 Likes

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by 99thEnemy(m): 11:58am On Apr 22
Bullfallo:
Those day when making phone calls you will be looking at the clock at the same time and be calculating the minutes. It was 25 naira per minutes and that money was very big then.

Mtn was doing per minute billing. If you must flash someone you must be very good at it because once they pick it and you quickly cut it. Mtn would still charge you per minutes. So even when you have nothing to say again you will just be on the phone exhausting it and end call 59 seconds.

A US dollar was less than 100 then. And Nigeria still had purchasing power to dollar ratio. Until APC came destroyed everything.
In 2001, the exchange rate of Dollar to Naira was never less than a hundred.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by 99thEnemy(m): 11:59am On Apr 22
Mikespecialone:
MTN really bless us then with night calls , collect a lady number in the morning , toast ham for midnight with correct grammar and energy
Xtra cool Nigga grin
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 12:00pm On Apr 22
People really did that?
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by imagrg(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22
And Naira suffered decline thereafter!
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Mikespecialone(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22
99thEnemy:
Xtra cool Nigga grin

👍

1 Like

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by GloriousGbola: 12:13pm On Apr 22
folake4u:
People really did that?

you know nothing, young grasshopper

people used to open umbrella stand and you would go and pay to make call

they would hear all ya bizness

and you would be timing the call on the trium or nokia 3310.

imagine, once upon a time people became millionaires from selling recharge cards
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 12:17pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

you know nothing, young grasshopper

people used to open umbrella stand and you would go and pay to make call

they would hear all ya bizness

and you would be timing the call on the trium or nokia 3310.

imagine, once upon a time people became millionaires from selling recharge cards

Lmao. Na really "they'd hear all ya bizness".

They timed the call? How accurate would it be?

Was this when Obasanjo brought telephones to Nigeria?

People made millions from selling recharge cards? Incredible!
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by GloriousGbola: 12:23pm On Apr 22
folake4u:

Lmao. Na really "they'd hear all ya bizness".

They timed the call? How accurate would it be?

Was this when Obasanjo brought telephones to Nigeria?

People made millions from selling recharge cards? Incredible!

As you make the call you see the timer on the screen. So if na gf you dey call na wahala as you dey end call. All the I loff u go enter a new minute if you are not kiaful.

When I hear younger people complain about some issues I just laugh. We have come far. All the payments we can make on phone, we used to have to go to the bank or to one agent to do and pay in cash.

I paid my dstv bill at the bank
I paid my starcomms bill at the bank. I bought recharge card.
I had to carry cash of 100k plus if I was traveling.

The only regression we have had is we can no longer buy dollar priced items online without hassle.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 12:28pm On Apr 22
GloriousGbola:

As you make the call you see the timer on the screen. So if na gf you dey call na wahala as you dey end call. All the I loff u go enter a new minute if you are not kiaful.

When I hear younger people complain about some issues I just laugh. We have come far. All the payments we can make on phone, we used to have to go to the bank or to one agent to do and pay in cash.

I paid my dstv bill at the bank
I paid my starcomms bill at the bank. I bought recharge card.
I had to carry cash of 100k plus if I was traveling.

The only regression we have had is we can no longer buy dollar priced items online without hassle.

Oh wow! Thank God I wasn't born in your generation oh.

Premium suffering everywhere.

Imagine going to the bank to pay DStv and other bills? That's wild!!!

I think buying dollar priced items has been made easier na through Amazon and other e-commerce stores. Or was it better in your times?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by adioolayi(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22
If you mistakenly overdo...and make calls above 60seconds pere...you go pay for 2 minutes cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by ayolayo0405(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22
Kai, you really nailed it bro, as in ehn....

Offpoint1:
We dey guard N100 card that time with maximum security untill 12:00am grin cheesy ( If you flash 1 alakoba wey pick and your 1N is gone, you go come dey beg friends and family to transfer you N5 grin grin on FNF)
Era wey free 10mb go carry you like 2 weeks, bois dey hustle free browsing cheatz upandan. Respect to Sefan and Waptrick. Heartbreak was when you get mind download something of 1mb and downloading failed at 96% grin grin 1mb was like 10gb grin and the download dey take 50 years to reach 100% grin
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by dododawa1: 12:53pm On Apr 22
2go

Era
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Tallesty1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 22
folake4u:
People really did that?
My God

Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 12:59pm On Apr 22
Tallesty1:
My God

angry
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Tallesty1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22
folake4u:

angry
So if the pack no yellow, you for think say nah CD?
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 1:05pm On Apr 22
Tallesty1:
So if the pack no yellow, you for think say nah CD?

Is there a yellow CD pack?
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Tallesty1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 22
folake4u:

Is there a yellow CD pack?
cheesy

No ma
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 1:20pm On Apr 22
Tallesty1:
cheesy

No ma

Lol, why are you smiling?
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by GrandFinale2021(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22
Juwessgratitud3:

Na all those yeye boyfriends dey use midnight calls disturb person. I hate that thing? Me that likes my sleep.

I never really engaged in midnight calls cos I would have done all my calls with the office landline during the day. So I avoid midnight calls.

Na student boyfriends de use that thing pass and me I was already a working class then and only deal with working class men that we talk on phone during official hours. With my chairman landline o...
you called teaching in a backyard nursery school with 15 thousand naira monthly working class?
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Tallesty1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 22
folake4u:

Lol, why are you smiling?
If I frown this ugly face, you will faint.

First MTN SIM pack came in a package that could easily be mistaken for an audio CD plate pack if not for the yellow label inside
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by okito: 1:37pm On Apr 22
Nigeria should have 1 day dedicated as the Mike Adenuga Day to celebrate this man who broke the monopoly of international operators and freed Nigerians from extortion by debuting with per second billing! MA, here are your flowers!
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by folake4u(f): 1:40pm On Apr 22
Tallesty1:
If I frown this ugly face, you will faint.

First MTN SIM pack came in a package that could easily be mistaken for an audio CD plate pack if not for the yellow label inside

Omgggggg!

I read CD as condom. lipsrsealed

Didn't know you were talking about audio CD plate.
Re: Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock by Tallesty1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22
folake4u:

Omgggggg!

I read CD as condom. lipsrsealed

Didn't know you were talking about audio CD plate.
I know.

Nah why I dey smile.

Dirty mind no good fah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

***4rm Me 2 U:zain Internet*** / Glo Apn For Blackberry Phones / How Do I Cancel Airtel Whatsapp Auto Renew?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.