Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares (14709 Views)

Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / 4 Airlines Set To Launch Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Islie: 11:01am On Apr 22
There are strong indications that domestic airlines operators may reduce ticket prices for passengers due to the imminent supply of aviation fuel, otherwise known as Jet A1, by Dangote Refinery.

Considering that there had been sustained increase in the price of jet fuel over the last four years, indigenous carriers were forced to enhance operations by raising ticket prices.

The 12 scheduled airlines, including Air Peace, Aero Contractors, Arik Air, Max Air, Azman, Dana Air, Ibom Air, Green Africa, Overland, Rano Air, ValueJet and United Nigeria Airlines, on February 20, 2022, jointly agreed to increase airfares by 100 per cent to meet up with operational costs.

However, with operators looking at a possible crash in the price of Jet A1, passengers might experience a drop in airfares, Vanguard has gathered.

Projections

The Managing Director of Aero Contractors, Captain Ado Sanusi, told Vanguard that although the price of Jet A1 had been steady, airlines would appreciate a price decrease.

Sanusi said: “As operators, we have no idea of the refinery where marketers buy Jet A1, but what we look at is the price. If the price drops, whether it is from Dangote refinery or refineries outside the country, we will appreciate it.

”The price has been steady and that is what we use in making our projections. The price of jet fuel has been between an average price of N1,200 and N1,400 per litre.

Price drop

On whether the imminent supply could result in a price drop, he added: “It depends on what price Dangote refinery sells Jet A1. If it sells below the market price, then, of course, it would drop price.

”However, if it is not selling below the market price, there won’t be a drop in price. Meanwhile, it is dependent on what crude oil is being sold to him and how much it costs him to refine. What we think will bring down the price of Jet A1 is the cost of freight.

Immediate impact

“If Port Harcourt, Warri and Dangote refineries could give us enough jet A1 for some time and we have steady prices, it will definitely have an impact on price. However, that won’t be possible in a few days. It has to be consistent for a few weeks and even months.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/aviation-fuel-domestic-airlines-set-to-cut-airfares/

4 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by AqualinaXYZ: 11:05am On Apr 22
Tinubu is a vagabond

Useless frog

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Racoon(m): 11:06am On Apr 22
Nice one! Why is the energy needs of this nation being dependent on the Dangote refinery? Why is the government own not working? After all the hype, PH refinery lies and propaganda was bursted despite all the TAM and overhead costs incurred.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Paraman: 11:08am On Apr 22
Obidients in the mud

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Okete001(f): 11:08am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Tinubu is a vagabond

Useless frog

Hehehe

For 1967 starvation and 2023 election we no know which one pay una pass.

Una go dey alright las las.

Àwon omo pàù bí ìbon

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by fuckJones(f): 11:24am On Apr 22
my name is obedient, I hate good news

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by fuckJones(f): 11:26am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Tinubu is a vagabond

Useless frog
apart from insults what else do you learned from your mom?

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:55am On Apr 22
That's good. Competition will definitely lead to better service and price reduction.
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by bestman09(m): 11:59am On Apr 22
I pray o!
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Lawalemi(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22
Without Dangote Refinery, what can Nigeria do?

Dangerously, we are beginning to commit the future of Nigeria into the hand of one individual

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Jungleluv5: 12:02pm On Apr 22
fuckJones:
apart from insults what else do you learned from your mom?
insult na ni bastard

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by mytime24(f): 12:03pm On Apr 22
Watching in 6D

Hope e drop by 50% or more
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by chaseblack(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22
Make every Nigeria add Dangote to their surname because na Dangote get Nigeria now. We no fit achieve anything in this country again without Dangote 's say so.
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Seefinish: 12:09pm On Apr 22
Buhari better pass Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by inoki247: 12:10pm On Apr 22
Ok make our Local go back to 15k to 30k. .

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by tunjijones(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22
They don't have a choice
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by zed7: 12:13pm On Apr 22
Speculation as usual. Misleading headline. We heard Dangote has started selling diesel and jet A1 at reduced price. Nobody seems to be buying at this reduced prices.

Where exactly are these products being sold? We need to start seeing effects. We're tired of misleading headlines. Let the masses breathe.

9 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by buzorcharles(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22
Lawalemi:
Without Dangote Refinery, what can Nigeria do?

Dangerously, we are beginning to commit the future of Nigeria into the hand of one individual

Food for thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by IrepChrist: 12:20pm On Apr 22
This is good news.

Brethren make your path right with God you don't know your last moment on earth.

Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by NinjaMetahuman: 12:22pm On Apr 22
They don't tell us whenever they wanna raise prices.

Which one is set to cut prices? Why are they reluctant?

Bunch of thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by cerpvad(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22
Relief is around the corner grin grin
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by vengertime: 1:02pm On Apr 22
Whatever you do avoid Arik airline, they owe me a refund twice , apparently they brandish cheap tickets and a day or on the day of travel you will receive SMS that the flight has been cancelled.

They will give you form to fill and that's where you had enter ONE CHANCE. AMCON( Agency that run the airline) doesn't refund shitt.

I got a flight cancelled once on Airpeace and Dana airline and they refund me in less than 24 hours.

Arik should be sold to even Max Air or Dana airline so that this madness would stop. I like Dana own, once you show your PNR no at the airport they will give you cash right their.

AMCON is using Arik airline to do gambling

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by adioolayi(m): 1:09pm On Apr 22
God bless Nigeria
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Negroid001(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22
Racoon:
Nice one! Why is the energy needs of this nation being dependent on the Dangote refinery? Why is the government own not working? After all the hype, PH refinery lies and propaganda was bursted despite all the TAM and overhead costs incurred.

I wonder ooo.
In a big sense, he's doing us more harm.
The market is going to be monopolistic.
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by starstaz(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22
vengertime:
Whatever you do avoid Arik airline, they owe me a refund twice , apparently they brandish cheap tickets and a day or on the day of travel you will receive SMS that the flight has been cancelled.

They will give you form to fill and that's where you had enter ONE CHANCE. AMCON( Agency that run the airline) doesn't refund shitt.

I got a flight cancelled once on Airpeace and Dana airline and they paid me in less than 24 hours.

Arik should be sold to even Max Air or Dana airline so that this madness would stop.

They run you Madness. Thanks for the update, we go avoid them.
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Gbadugbakun(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22
grin

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Dstar434(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Tinubu is a vagabond

Useless frog
Cry me a river, fella. Don't you think 4/8 years is too long for you to keep weeping/sobbing?
I was an OBIDIENT (albeit Yoruba) during the election but I have moved on with my life. You and your fellow tribesmen should stop this incessant weeping on every threads

1 Like

Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by tnerro1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22
Abeg make dem cut, make I fly enter Benin for wedding and Uni Ben babes😋, I miss my babies 😋😋😋
Re: Aviation Fuel: Domestic Airlines Set To Cut Airfares by Anonimoux: 2:35pm On Apr 22
Bring Down the price of petroleum products and see the way inflation will reduce drastically... High Cost of Transportation has always been the main culprit for high inflation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Air: New National Carrier To Take Off First Quarter 2022 – Hadi Sirika / Ecuador.any Good News / Fun Photos From AGANA Carnival , Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.