Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? (23218 Views)

How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen? / For Sale 5bedroom, 2parlours, 5toilets, one kitchen, 2relaxation spot and BQ / 4bedroom Flat And 7rooms Toilet, Bathroom N Kitchen For Tenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Reminderz: 5:52am On Apr 23
Kipaji:

Thank you Reminderz.
But I currently don't have any plans to bring in a third wife. What would be the use of a third kitchen, then?

like I said it works as a psychological trick... btw, make sure you engage your wives in things or activities that makes them relate with each other, don't let separate kitchen means they won't have to relate with each other... learn to encourage love in your family... eat together, cook together and go on a date together... give them tasks that would involve them both...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 6:54am On Apr 23
Reminderz:

like I said it works as a psychological trick... btw, make sure you engage your wives in things or activities that makes them relate with each other, don't let separate kitchen means they won't have to relate with each other... learn to encourage love in your family... eat together, cook together and go on a date together... give them tasks that would involve them both...

Thank you man.

A great way to foster inclusion and unity is to impose that on the kids. There are three kids' bedroom in the house and they will be mixed. That is, we won't have the bedroom of wife1's kids and those of wife2's kids etc. Plus, all the kids' bedroom are in my building.
Also, all the kids will eat the food prepared by the wife of the day. If this Tuesday, for example, wife2 is cooking. Then the whole house will eat wife2's food. Wife1 is strictly forbidden from cooking something else to give to her kids on the side. One wife is not allowed to take her kids out and leave the rest at home. Plus, they will all go to the same schools, celebrate ceremonies together, treated equally.

I want all of my kids to see themselves as brothers and sisters, not step-brothers and step-sisters, or half-brothers and half-sisters.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Rukevwe999(m): 10:49am On Apr 23
Polygamists, una dey try o. Simplify your life and marry one woman. E get why .

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:50am On Apr 23
Kipaji:

In my household, each wife will cook for everybody: me, her co-wife, and all the kids. I impose this to foster unity among the children and collaboration with the wives.
For example, let's say today it is wife2's turn to cook. Then, she will cook for the whole family, not only her kids. We will all eat her food that day. And I forbid the other wife to cook something else for her kids and have her kids eat something else. No. This would create "clans" within my household, which I do not want. I want all of my kids to see themselves as brothers and sisters not as step-brothers and step-sisters.

But they are half brother's and sisters.
Competing with each other for more limited resources and your love and attention which is less than what would have been available if you had one wife.

Expecting them to be true siblings might be a delusion on your part.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by dkidd: 11:54am On Apr 23
Kipaji:

Thanks, dkidd.

But, I don't really understand your last sentence...
Lol I just meant they can come to u when invited on request to avoid clashing... u get?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Reminderz: 12:45pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

Thank you man.

A great way to foster inclusion and unity is to impose that on the kids. There are three kids' bedroom in the house and they will be mixed. That is, we won't have the bedroom of wife1's kids and those of wife2's kids etc. Plus, all the kids' bedroom are in my building.
Also, all the kids will eat the food prepared by the wife of the day. If this Tuesday, for example, wife2 is cooking. Then the whole house will eat wife2's food. Wife1 is strictly forbidden from cooking something else to give to her kids on the side. One wife is not allowed to take her kids out and leave the rest at home. Plus, they will all go to the same schools, celebrate ceremonies together, treated equally.

I want all of my kids to see themselves as brothers and sisters, not step-brothers and step-sisters, or half-brothers and half-sisters.
exactly..
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Reminderz: 12:47pm On Apr 23
Rukevwe999:
Polygamists, una dey try o. Simplify your life and marry one woman. E get why .
lol I use to tell people that it's not in the amount of wife you marry, but the type of wife.. you can have more than one wife and have more peace of mind and happiness than the person with only one wife... if you marry a bad wife, prepare to get your life ruined...

you can have more than one and your family will be fine and stable than those with one, it all depends on the kind of wife you marry and the foundation on which you built your relationship, not necessarily the amount of wives...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Sheuns(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23
If possible build two separate flats for them.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Orlu13: 4:36pm On Apr 23
this kain post go pain some women I swear

na man u be guy grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Jackipapa: 4:37pm On Apr 23
3 Kitchen, One for each of your wives and one for you. Do this and thank me later.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by pocohantas(f): 4:38pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

In my household, each wife will cook for everybody: me, her co-wife, and all the kids. I impose this to foster unity among the children and collaboration with the wives.
For example, let's say today it is wife2's turn to cook. Then, she will cook for the whole family, not only her kids. We will all eat her food that day. And I forbid the other wife to cook something else for her kids and have her kids eat something else. No. This would create "clans" within my household, which I do not want. I want all of my kids to see themselves as brothers and sisters not as step-brothers and step-sisters.

So if you marry wife wey no sabi cook or likes too much pepper, my innocent kids go follow una dey chop am? Don't foster your unity with my kids nutrition, your Lordship.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by DeGods007(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:
I'm building my home for me and my two wives.

Each wife will have her bedroom.
Now, I am wondering whether I should build one or two kitchen.
What do you think?
Input from (current or future) polygamists and women would be appreciated.

My mentor I salute you cool cool

I can't wait to be like you wink

Please build separate kitchen for them...if you are still willing to get a third wife later in life, please make avenue for her own space too

Na man you be 🙌🙌🙌🙌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Ten06(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23
You are marrying 2 wives and you are asking for advice of a building. We will report you to EFCC.
It is an offense to marry 2 wives on this dispensation
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by CheapHomes1: 4:40pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?

very very nice story

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by maasoap(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?

If you can't afford two flats, incorporate two separate kitchens even if you guys will end up not needing it. Remodelling can be costly. God bless your home

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kajaard: 4:41pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?

Op if you want peace in your house build two separate kitchens for each wife.

Women don't get along with each other unlike men. To make it worse these are two wives that will be envious of each other and hate each other as well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Damian911: 4:41pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

Why do you think this?
Can't you see his comment is laced with sarcasm??
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by 1Sharon(f): 4:42pm On Apr 23
I hail oo
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Konquest: 4:43pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?
That's not debatable. You should have two different kitchens if you live in a semi-detached bungalow or semi-detached duplex. Most modern women like to have their cooking utensils and soup pots well protected.

So, each of your wives would definitely like to have some space when it comes to culinary affairs from the kitchen to the dining table.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by mizzyjozywizzy(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23
the logic for the bedroom should be applied for the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by maasoap(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23
Kajaard:

Op if you want peace in your house build two separate kitchens for each wife.

Women don't get along with each other unlike men. To make it worse these are two wives that will be envious of each other and hate each other as well .

That's not the case all the time, we that grew up in polygamous family can attest to it. Things might have changed these present days but it wasn't always hate and jealous when people like us were growing up in polygamous family. It was the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Sk5050: 4:44pm On Apr 23
Build two kitchen and make sure the wall in between the two flats is tick enough with separate passage/entrance to avoid too much interface.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Ara21(f): 4:44pm On Apr 23
Kelklein:
If you can, make the house semi-detached so that each person stays in her flat.. You know the way they build tenant flats but still in one building.

For me, this is the best comment so far.
If you can make two bedroom flat for each wife and their kids it will save you stress, they only see each other when they want to.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Tendd: 4:44pm On Apr 23
Build everything seperately.Toilet, bathrooms, kitchens, etc to prevent unnecessary friction,contempts, argument etc.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Beey(f): 4:45pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?
Did you consult Nairaland before deciding to marry two wives?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Natbrowny: 4:45pm On Apr 23
If he builds two. He wont have peace of mind
If he builds one. He wont have peace of mind

He should choose between the above.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Sunny91(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23
If bedroom has separated them let kitchen don't my reason was let the kitchen unit them daily.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Noahsailingark: 4:48pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?

Simply build two separate houses. One house for each wife and her kids. You can be switching houses.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by millionboi(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23
Face your problem oga,na you went for polygamy,u think say we weh dey manage one wife no get sense abi.....u never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Proserpina: 4:48pm On Apr 23
pocohantas:

So if you go marry wife wey no sabi cook or likes too much pepper, my innocent kids go follow una dey chop am? Don't foster your unity with my kids nutrition, your Lordship.
grin cheesy grin grin grin

Wahala for man wey no fit marry one wife grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by sylve11: 4:49pm On Apr 23
garriAndsugar:
Make the kitchen 3, as you will need one more wife in the future

Best advice. cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Dinieoj(f): 4:50pm On Apr 23
Na only you plan to marry two wives or more, na only you pick your choice of woman, na ordinary the numbers of kitchen to build for your wives you no fit decide, go ask your fellow polygamist for answers,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Exquisite And Modern Italian Decorative plaster Designs for your Home and Office / The Flourish Apartments And Terraces Ochid Rd. A Beautiful Abode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.