Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent (132 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? / UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / 3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Fearjah: 3:01pm On Apr 23
Dear Landlords and Landladys,

How long did it take you to get back all the money you spent in building your house from your tenants?

Like how much did you invest in the building and how many years did it take to get the money back?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Asmmi: 3:07pm On Apr 23
Depends on the location. Between 10 years to 100 years

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by adioolayi(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23
As we know asides the value of land, the cost of building same house across the country is almost the same.

Recouping the cost of building from rent will depend on the location of such house.

A house built at Banana Island, Lekki Phase 1, VGC, Omole Estate for example, may bring back cost of building from rent in few years..

Whereas, same house built at some areas in Ibadan for example, won't bring back cost of building from rent in the owners lifetime grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Fearjah: 3:15pm On Apr 23
Asmmi:
Depends on the location. Between 10 years to 100 years

100 years!!

I go don die by then

I get the point. Thank you
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Namaster: 3:16pm On Apr 23
This is a wrong approach to real estate business. And it's one of the reasons house rents have become UNBEARABLE.

You don't invest in real estate because you are eager to recoup your investment. You invest in real estate because of 2 reasons:

1. Cashflow.

2. Capital Gains.

The first one gives you a STEADY stream of income. The second one comes into play when you decide to sell the property.

If you are eager to recoup your initial outlay, foregt about rent and sell the property. You can build and sell at a markup.

But if the objective is to rent, then FORGET about recouping your investment.

If you choose to let the property, you'll have cashflow and asset to use as collateral.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Asmmi: 3:40pm On Apr 23
Fearjah:

100 years!!

I go don die by then

I get the point. Thank you

Die, no o. God forbid.
You'll be 100+ naa
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Fearjah: 9:51pm On Apr 23
Asmmi:

Die, no o. God forbid.
You'll be 100+ naa

grin grin My brother,

As you see me so, I no dey too pray for long life,

Na health and prosperity and to please God before I die be my prayer oo

All this long life wey person go come de sick and be burden to others, me no want.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Fearjah: 9:59pm On Apr 23
adioolayi:

Whereas, same house built at some areas in Ibadan for example, won't bring back cost of building from rent in the owners lifetime grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin Na to reason well before anything.

You do well
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Fearjah: 10:05pm On Apr 23
Namaster:
You invest in real estate because of 2 reasons:

1. Cashflow.

2. Capital Gains.

Great input!

Thank you
Nlfpmod Educative and Enlightening
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Recover Your Total Building Expenses From House Rent by Asmmi: 10:30pm On Apr 23
Fearjah:

grin grin My brother,

As you see me so, I no dey too pray for long life,

Na health and prosperity and to please God before I die be my prayer oo

All this long life wey person go come de sick and be burden to others, me no want.
No bel lie. Once man don hit 70 plus. Body go don tire man already sef. Some people dey tire for the life that time sef

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peninsula Homes Estate 2 Ibeju Lekk ,now Selling For Just N600k Only,08067673716 / Landed Property For Sale At Mcbudy / Executive W/C With Water Collector Rain Gutter And Quality Stone Coated Roofing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.