Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

How To Auto Install & Configure Mysql Along With Dotnet Setup - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Auto Install & Configure Mysql Along With Dotnet Setup (3032 Views)

I Need Dotnet Mono For Andriod Phone Development / Convert This Java To Dotnet Very Urgent / Open Source & Dotnet, Which Way To Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Auto Install & Configure Mysql Along With Dotnet Setup by luckyCO(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
Hello
I have built a package which requires database, but my users may not know how to install mysql server.
How do I run together with in the installation and configuration such that user wouldnt know that am using any database on my software?

What about if another MySQL is running on the system how do I control it?

Do you recommend any database for the mission, ms access would have been ok , but doesn't run on the recent 64bit machine.

Thanks, need reply urgently!
Re: How To Auto Install & Configure Mysql Along With Dotnet Setup by Beaf: 3:25am On Nov 20, 2011
Try Eloquera object database, with it, you don't need to even write SQL. Read about object databases, its wonderful stuff.
As an additional benefit, if you use it in desktop mode, it would just be a file you can store in any folder, your users will never know you have a db; all your config work can be done in code.
http://eloquera.com/

You could also try SQL Server CE 4.0 (ignore 3.5 downwards), its an embedded database you can use for both desktop and web. You would need to write SQL for this alternative. If you have Visual Studio 2010 SP1, then its already installed on your system, otherwise get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17876

You might also look up Firebird and SqlLite.
Re: How To Auto Install & Configure Mysql Along With Dotnet Setup by luckyCO(m): 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2011
Thanks, I will try that.

(1) (Reply)

Save Image Into Oracle Database In Asp.net/vb.net / Asp.net And Php/mysql Special Training For Programmers / What Is Wrong With Jamb Online Registration Web Application ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.