Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner (10779 Views)

UN Asks Nigeria To End Death Penalty, Rights Violations / Ogun Hotel Rooms With Hidden Cameras Uncovered (Video) / Vandalization Of COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse At Mazamaza: LASG Condemns Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by gabbasin: 7:38am On Apr 25
My car has been flagged by these cameras for road worthiness violation for at least 5 times. My car has a Lagos registration number but I live in Ogun state, I usually have my road worthiness renewed in Ogun state due to proximity, each time the camera picked my car for violation, an sms is usually sent to me for the fine, and I will go into the LASVIS portal to contest the fine while uploading my Ogun state road worthiness certificate as evidence that I have a valid road worthiness and in few days the fine will cancelled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by MatrixReloaded: 7:39am On Apr 25
drlateef:

They probably cloned your plate number.
Anything is possible init. Lagos wey we dey manage dey find loophole to extort private vehicles. If anyone support such, he/she are criminal
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Paramount01(m): 7:40am On Apr 25
Obito555:
I paid 20k once online after camera capture me and since then I Don give myself brain

How? Pls explain to me how the thibgs works, I need to base lag
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Torg77: 7:41am On Apr 25
Hi
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Bulletproofgt: 7:45am On Apr 25
How come those same Cameras cannot catch road Armed robbers, Kidnappers etc? Useless government. Na to use our money to learn how to punish and collect money from tax payers dem sabi. The high and mighty dont get picked as offenders o. They will use our money to de oppress us

1 Like

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by stephenponti(m): 7:47am On Apr 25
Evil extorting government.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by ttalks(m): 7:56am On Apr 25
It isn't the cameras working as regards the issue of vehicle paper renewal defaults as it might seem.
It's their database just reacting automatically when it does not see any renewal process in the system after expiration has taken place.

You'll notice it doesn't work on vehicles registered outside Lagos.
But the cameras probably capture other visible traffic violations and probably notify the offenders.

1 Like

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by missionmex(m): 8:01am On Apr 25
omoadeleye:

Upon say they correct your error you are still insulting them
U did not get the message. He is simply saying that they are just picking random numbers and not actual traffic offenders. And this is bad. Let us as a country at least do one thing right.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by profeoo(m): 8:03am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:
Nonsense, sold my car 2022 and removed my plate no., fast forward to oct 2023 I got a msg that my plate no was in violation of traffic offence on Sept 2023. I should respond to the msg or go to there website and lodge complaints.
I went to the website lodge the complaints of mistaken identity and that my plate no. have not been in use since I sold my car 2022.
Next msg boom, your debts have been cleared....

B**tards.

Like someone said maybe they have cloned my plate no. Cos the msg was about one car not related to mine using same plate no. I need to clear the air 😩 but how can this be, something that was registered in there system... Useless entity. I hate Illegality, I hate extortion and I hate those that defend nuisance.

Similar thing happened to me February this year.

They fined me for 3 offenses a total of 60k. I was so surprised because at the time I sold the vehicle last year, I removed the plate. After confirming my plate is still intact, I went to the site and disputed the bill and it was cleared.

Although, the automatic camera detection is a welcome development in Lagos state, I feel it needs some fine tuning to prevent such errors which would in turn lead to the masses doubting the system.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by israelmao(m): 8:16am On Apr 25
Alot of revenues generated from fines.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Blitzking: 8:24am On Apr 25
Cashout loading..lodingdindindin

1 Like

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by afaridan(m): 8:24am On Apr 25
I received a notification that I am to pay N20k for driving without valid Road Worthiness Certificate in February. A picture of my car and date it was captured was also included. The interesting thing is that on said date, I was in Enugu state with the car because that's where I reside and work. I also have a valid RWC issued in Enugu state for the period in question. They just randomly send notification to people in order to fleece them.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Pluto33: 8:52am On Apr 25
afaridan:
I received a notification that I am to pay N20k for driving without valid Road Worthiness Certificate in February. A picture of my car and date it was captured was also included. The interesting thing is that on said date, I was in Enugu state with the car because that's where I reside and work. I also have a valid RWC issued in Enugu state for the period in question. They just randomly send notification to people in order to fleece them.

That's weird. Quick questions:

1. Is your car registered in Lagos?

2. Have you ever been to Lagos with your car?

2 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Faposky95: 9:13am On Apr 25
omoadeleye:

Freedom of speech....na him get him tongue.....?!

1 Like

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by bionixs: 9:34am On Apr 25
yommen:

They hate Lagos but they can't pack their load and leave. They wished they had captured Lagos during the civil war.
shut your dirty smelly mouth !!! Are you from Lagos ? Of what use are you to Lagos? And what are you doing in Lagos. Is your village on fire ?
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Abbeyme: 9:38am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

I dey my own dey find me come, Terrible to extort me with there criminal tendency as you portray now.

I believe technology does not descriminate.

You didn't show you had any contact with the officials nor operators. All your conversations were online till the issue is closed.

I my opinion, I guess the process should be appreciated and applauded even if you dislike the organization or the inconvenience caused.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Originalsly: 9:54am On Apr 25
[quote author=afaridan post=1problems.

[/quote]

How did the camera capture your car in Lagos if it were in Enugu? If your car is registered in Lagos .... roadworthiness etc must be done in Lagos or your car will be in violation . How will the system know you had it done elsewhere? If you did it in another state did you ask if it would be sent to Lagos? Same with plates .... someone clone your plate ... is the system supposed to know? It is the reason they provide an avenue for you to contest the breach .... and they do resolve the matter. That should be commendable.... not condemned.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by axglide(m): 10:18am On Apr 25
Mrtaye:

Why must there be error in the first place....iit defeats the purpose cos not everyone has the capacity to complain like that fellow....so how did they come about it

Even Passenger Jets that have been built with the highest level of system reliability and optimization still develops error talk less of video cameras for traffic lights. Which system is error free?
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by phineas: 10:22am On Apr 25
Nobody has done the maths yet,thats 850,000 multiplied by 20,000

Whats the plan fo the money too
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by omoadeleye(m): 10:28am On Apr 25
Mrtaye:

Why error in the first place... means most of the vehicles caught are in error

Same thing they will also complain and their complains will be resolve like yours.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Mitsurugi(m): 10:33am On Apr 25
yommen:

They hate Lagos but they can't pack their load and leave. They wished they had captured Lagos during the civil war.

Shut up
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by ospreywin(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:
Nonsense, sold my car 2022 and removed my plate no., fast forward to oct 2023 I got a msg that my plate no was in violation of traffic offence on Sept 2023. I should respond to the msg or go to there website and lodge complaints.
I went to the website lodge the complaints of mistaken identity and that my plate no. have not been in use since I sold my car 2022.
Next msg boom, your debts have been cleared....

It's a scam text. Not from the VIS

B**tards.

Like someone said maybe they have cloned my plate no. Cos the msg was about one car not related to mine using same plate no. I need to clear the air 😩 but how can this be, something that was registered in there system... Useless entity. I hate Illegality, I hate extortion and I hate those that defend nuisance.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Nolevel666: 5:13pm On Apr 25
omoadeleye:

Don’t mind fools like him

Na them they obey law pass for UK
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Nolevel666: 5:15pm On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

Upon say I comot my plate no. Dem still msg me to pay 80k. Na you do this one cos the error is on you.
How then was your vehicle identified?

Lie finish you there
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by streetzdreamz(m): 6:30pm On Apr 25
gabbasin:
My car has been flagged by these cameras for road worthiness violation for at least 5 times. My car has a Lagos registration number but I live in Ogun state, I usually have my road worthiness renewed in Ogun state due to proximity, each time the camera picked my car for violation, an sms is usually sent to me for the fine, and I will go into the LASVIS portal to contest the fine while uploading my Ogun state road worthiness certificate as evidence that I have a valid road worthiness and in few days the fine will cancelled.
I had a similar issue as well. The fine got cancelled but the officer that attended to me advised I get another road worthiness certificate from Lagos state. It was quite annoying but I had to do it. Vehicles with Lagos number plates can't make their road worthiness renewal outside the state. You'd think Lagos roads are more car worthy than the rest of the states in the country.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by sunvillequeen(f): 8:52pm On Apr 25
Lasgidi for show
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by tellwisdom: 9:31pm On Apr 25
Which yeye camera?? I got a report on my phone that I broke the traffic at a particular area.

When I checked further for the vehicle who broke the traffic, I discovered it was something different from mine. So I checked further and discovered the plate number captured was a number looking the same as mine. 3 looking like 8. Yeye people
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Aguiyimba(m): 7:49am On Apr 26
MatrixReloaded:

They hate lagos is that an acronym used often here in NL.
I bet you have not travel round Nigeria to breath a fresh breath.
Lagos state is not heaven amd lagos state is not all and all.
Get that in your small light weight skull.

You dey waste energy for person wey no know him papa village.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by todyms: 7:22pm On Apr 26
Scam.
My cars were picked in January 2024 for vehicle license expiry, one of the cars was renewed in Nov 2023, and the second was due in March 2024. I disputed both with evidence on their website and they rejected both and back listed both cars. I am still waiting for the thief/officers that will accost me on both.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by HenryWilliams(m): 6:42pm On Apr 27
Mrtaye:

Why error in the first place... means most of the vehicles caught are in error

99% of vehicles caught actually committed the said violation.
The remaining 1% is as a result of faded, defaced or mutilated plates that the ANPR misreads and sends the bill to the mobile number attached to that plate number.
There's a VIS unit dedicated to such and they are very responsive to complaints.
Once a complaint is made, the video is replayed and the human eye is used to analyze..
If it turns out the ANPR read the plates wrongly, the bill is reversed and you'll be notified.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Apprehended And Beaten To Pulp After Failed Abduction Attempt In Zamfara / Four Get 42 Years Imprisonment For Drug Trafficking / FG Destroys 5,870 Illegal Arms Recovered In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.