Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment (12231 Views)

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by tojos(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2011
Hi guys, pls I need you to advise me on a proper way of telling someone who has a mouth odour without causing him/her embarassment.
Some people out there have mouth odour and sadly they don't know they have it unless someone who is courageous enough tells them.
The last time I tried it on a lady, I almost saw hell that day.
Is there a better way to this? Share your experience.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by dominique(f): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
its a very sensitive topic and there's no way you can avoid embarrassment for the person. you can just put it in writing and make sure the person doesn't read the note till you're gone. makes it mush less awkward.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by lepasharon(f): 12:07am On Nov 21, 2011
just sneak mouthwash in deir bag nd let dem find it by mistake,theyll get the message cheesy
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by GWslim(f): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2011
it is hard but having mouth odor without knowing is terrible and show carelessness on the part of the person.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by obowunmi(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2011
Jokingly say: your mouth dey smell
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by omo9ja1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2011
keep buying a good toothpaste for them as a gift he/she will get the message lol
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by executinal(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
If you have your friend phone number, just buy new Sim card and text message for him or her, telling the person that you no longer comfortable discussing with him / her due to her mouth odour. Then you destroy the Sim card. The person will wake up and control the problem with immediate effect. wink

1 Like

Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
Gaddemmit!  grin grin grin grin

I definitely need some advice on this issue too! It's not easy having to deal with different stenches from the mouths of people everyday. It used to be enough to just stylishly move back when one is getting suffocated but these days, the smells seem to diffuse even farther.  Even from close friends. Damnation!!!
Oritse! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by walcolm(m): 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
there's no easy way to do it but just be as sensitive as you can.

the simcard and text message idea is a very nice way to go
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by walcolm(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2011
naijasexy:

Gaddemmit! grin grin grin grin

I definitely need some advice on this issue too! It's not easy having to deal with different stenches from the mouths of people everyday. It used to be enough to just stylishly move back when one is getting suffocated but these days, the smells seem to diffuse even farther. Even from close friends. Damnation!!!
Oritse! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

dont feel so cool with yourself, you probably have too.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2011
Each time the person talks just say that there is someone around that just "fart"  grin

If you do this at 3 different occasions and the person still doesn't grab just shout "Ooooo boyyyyyyyy or Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy U wan kill person 4 here shooooooooo?"  undecided
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2011
walcolm:

how did you know,have you kissed him before ?

@topic
call the person behind and hit the nail on his head afterall you are only trying to help !
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Exponental(m): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
executinal:

If you have your friend phone number, just buy new Sim card and text message for him or her, telling the person that you no longer comfortable discussing with him / her due to her mouth odour. Then you destroy the Sim card. The person will wake up and control the problem with immediate effect. wink
ok

u could also approach d person politely- "do u mind if I express an observation?----- u actually need 2 control ur breath".
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2011
tell the person subtly, truth is always bitter
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
walcolm:

My dear, this is not a matter of feeling cool with myself. In fact that is one thing I am very sure of, that I dont have. I take all necessary measures round the clock, to make sure that my breath smells fresh 24 HOURS! It's called PERSONAL HYGIENE!  Dont know why others should not do the same too!

Shittzzz!  grin

That is some nasty, irksome thing to have. sad sad
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ask him/her if him/her eat fish, or better, stay on ur own grin
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by tayoast(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2011
dominique:

its a very sensitive topic and there's no way you can avoid embarrassment for the person. you can just put it in writing and make sure the person doesn't read the note till you're gone. makes it mush less awkward.

executinal:

That's much better
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Wallie(m): 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
When speaking to the person, just ask if he/she wants a piece of gum. If the person says no, laughingly tell the person, "I insist." If the person still doesn't get the hint, tell him/her that, "I think you need it."

The key is always to be subtle. Don't just come out and say, "you have a bad breath" unless you're really close to the person and he/she won't be embarrassed by you.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by opribo(m): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2011
In fact I have a colleague in the office, he has a terrible mouth odour and each time he wants to get really close to talk to me, sometimes he yawns openly without closing his mouth and I keep dodging the direct offensive, but the guy doesn't seem to care. The fully thing is that he is always trying so hard to get so close and i keep holding my breathe so i dont take in the offensive stench from his mouth but the guy just wont see my predicament until the other day i broke the back rest of my seat while trying to move as far back as i can to save my nostrils from the attack. The worst of it is that the guy is my 'oga' i dare not utter it to him that his mouth is smelling. I dont know if he doesn't brush at all, i can just imagine what the wife is going through every passing day.

This must be some form of ailment because the stench is unending ever since i have come to know him, i wonder how far a man with that kind of problem can go, but i think a modern day man who has this type of situation can make do with a gum or some mouth freshener always. Why will a man who interfaces with people everyday eat beans and egg and groundnut in the office and expects someone to sit down in-front of him or her and savor the horrible odour from his bucal cavity. Gosh, I dread meeting that guy everyday.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by sley4life(m): 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
Tell them anyhow. They either take it or leave it.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Abbeycity4(f): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
get him/her d following:

Flouride toothpaste
Sugar Free Chewing Gum or Mints
Mouthwash

as a gift, i thnk he/she will understand!
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by tayoast(m): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
^^what if they don't?
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Abbeycity4(f): 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2011
tayo_ast:

^^what if they don't?

u mean if they still dnt gerrit?
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by mechanicaldummie(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
"hey i'm bored! lets go brush our teeth",
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by tayoast(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
Abbey_city:

u mean if they still dnt gerrit?

Yes. Y not just scribble it somewhere and pass it to em
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by litusista(f): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2011
executinal:

lols. these days when you have to register a new sim card before you can use it,
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by cicero(m): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
Here's how:
1. Be sure your own is not intercontinental ballistic missile before set out to correct some other person.
2. Tell the person straight, it's better for he or she to be embarrassed once and for all before a few persons than leave a trail of disgruntled people
3. Don't waste money buying anything, if the discipline of mouth hygiene is not there no quantity of sensodyne will help
4. If you chose to follow advise #2 above, then first of all prepare your mind for any eventuality depending on who the person is.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Abbeycity4(f): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
mechanicaldummie:

"hey i'm bored! lets go brush our teeth",

evn while at wrk??

tayo_ast:

Yes. Y not just scribble it somewhere and pass it to em

u dnt need to, infact there's this powder mouth wash
dat contains harbal stuff like dat, dat too can do d deal. . . . .
meanwhile, there's dis mouth spray too, u can gt it for d person as well,
u dnt need to tell him/her ""u breath is bad"" it's nt a most. u jst gt him/her
those things as a gift, b4 u knw it, he/she will start gettng dem byhim/herself!
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Leysco(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
Anyone that doesn't brush his teeth before going to bed would always have mouth odour. To avoid it, brush your teeth at least 2times a day, especially before going to bed
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by Abbeycity4(f): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2011
Leysco:

Anyone that doesn't brush his teeth before going to bed would always have mouth odour. To avoid it, brush your teeth at least 2times a day, especially before going to bed

fine. . . ., but, i dont thnk dt's d reason! u're 10% correct

not 100% lol, it's additional and not mandatory!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by JimmyBoy1: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
@lepasharon quite ingenious. I think spouses can do the Job without fearing any backlash effect.
Re: How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment by TenKobo1: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
I have seen someone with a terrible mouth odour railing at another poor soul for exuding so much oral stench, how in the world can such a fellow understand any sign other than direct, polite information.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Important Things To Know About Tuberculosis / LUTH, Psychiatric Hospital Discharge Patients Due To Strike / First Black Child Diagnosed With Aging Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.