Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

closed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / closed (1515 Views)

Thread Closed / Closed! / closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

closed by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 20, 2011
Re: closed by yamakuza: 5:30am On Nov 22, 2011
I see 4 partners.

Maybe you offer her 25% and haggle go from there?
Re: closed by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 23, 2011
Thanks a bunch!!!
Re: closed by AjanleKoko: 9:03am On Nov 24, 2011
dottmon:

I have a clothing company which is still at start up stage.I bought all the necessary machinery and waiting to get an apartment to be used as the factory/office.I have a business plan i drafted.My wife who is also a partner in the business was discussing with one of her customers who saw the business plan also pick interest in the business and ready to invest up to $10,000 even though i have invested a little below that.I bought all the equipment from my savings over some period of time.Now my problem is giving her a percentage of the company.I don't know what percentage i can give her and for how much. I have invested up to $8000.I will only appreciate business sense advice and not condemnation(s)

Why don't you do a valuation of your business.
You can use your share capital against your investment in the company to value one share of your company. Get an accountant or finance person to do that for you.
That way you can estimate the value of shares she will be entitled to, depending on how much she wants to invest.
Re: closed by jeffman(m): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
not a finance person but like Sir Ajanlekoko said, just do a Valuation of the business. You might want to consider sweat capital too grin.

you seem not to be comfortable with giving her much shares. have u explored all debt financing alternatives.
Re: closed by deenee: 2:08am On Dec 05, 2011
A valuation is the first and ideal thing to do. Since your company is still at the 'start up stage', debt financing will be the best option though a little bit expensive but you have the advantage of full control which will allow you develop your company without any form of interference. One question though what about your projected cash flows?
Re: closed by bigben431: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
@ Poster. First kudos of starting your own business. That's the way to go, you eat what you kill. Since this is just in the start-up face, it will be had to just assign a "true" valuation to your company? However, with some information and Q&A you shld be able to get a ballmark valuation estimate. I can help build a vanilla model that you can use as a guide to see the value of your biz. Of course this is going to be a free service to you, however I am very busy and the trun around time could be one week. You can leave your email here and I can send you what info I need or if you want I can leave it on this message board, its up to you.

Also does this partner bring in additional value to the business or just cash. Does he or she have leads that will help market/sell your products? are u based in the states?

GL
Re: closed by AjanleKoko: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
deenee:

A valuation is the first and ideal thing to do. Since your company is still at the 'start up stage', debt financing will be the best option though a little bit expensive but you have the advantage of full control which will allow you develop your company without any form of interference.

I agree. I've faced a similar situation recently. A business I had been building for a year or so, with private capital, was valued at roughly N19 per share. However, I got a breakthrough opportunity, a line of business that could catapult the share value to over N60 per share in 2 years of operation. I had been shopping for both debt and project equity initially, and things were slow. Then all of a sudden I got not only debt financing, I started getting a lot of suitors who wanted to buy into the company. Very aggressive interest.

So I opted for debt financing.
Re: closed by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 11, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Quality Control/assurance Personnel In Food & Beverage Industry / Bsc Statistics In View:Pls I Need Ur Urgent Advice / How Can I Get Placement To Do Industrial Training?pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.