Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

How Good Are Mazda Products? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Are Mazda Products? (250 Views)

How Good Are This Mobil 5w30 Oil / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Good Are Mazda Products? by realazalear: 6:27pm On Apr 26
Good evening everyone and hello to car gurus on this section. The value of your contributions can't be quantified or monetizes and I'm very grateful for the knowledge you share.

I am currently doing research on a good family car for an average family of three and counting. For some reason I have had my eyes on Mazda products including the Mazda 3, 6, CX-7 & CX-9 - All 2008 - 2010 models. I would love to learn from the experience of others who have used or been in contact with users of these vehicles, especially in terms of fuel economy, problems to look out for and if over all they are pocket friendly to the average Nigerian.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: How Good Are Mazda Products? by Mottomata(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26
Mazda vehicles are reliable.

Note: DO NOT ABUSE THE COOLING SYSTEM.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Are Mazda Products? by jimts(m): 9:02pm On Apr 26
I don't know too much about the other Mazdas you mentioned, but you see that CX-7 with 2.3L DiSi Turbocharged Engine is a nightmare. When things start going wrong with it, it will take the grace of God for you to find a mechanic who will have the skill, patience and tools to fix it properly for you.

Lemme give you a perspective: to replace coil/plugs, you will have to remove the charge intercooler that sits right on top of the the valve cover. You can't carry out a cylinder drop down test to figure which cylinder is not firing. When you have any issue with fuel injectors, figuring out which one is faulty will involve stripping of the air intake and fuel delivery assembly. Any Mazda with this engine should be clearly avoided.

You might be better off with the CX-9 which comes with a V6 variant. Even that too, you should get the one with 3.7L that was ACTUALLY built by Mazda themselves starting from 2008 models.

You will thank me later.

#AutoJando

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Answer / Advantages Of Double Stage Transformer Oil Filtration System / Diagnosis, Repair, And Sales Of Hybrid Cars Part.. All In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.