Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,168 members, 7,845,836 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 (26360 Views)

Nigeria To Enrol 10.2 Million Out-Of-School Children / 2018 UTME. 1.3 Million Results To Be Released Today / 2018 UTME. 1.3 Million Results To Bereleased Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Cindypresh(f): 7:11am On Apr 30
Jozibrainz100:

That's not the major concern here.

You should rather talk about the level of lackadaisical attitude of students these days.
Most of these students who wrote JAMB made about 5 A's in WAEC. Why?
They were all assisted.

Jamb had so many glitches this year...besides we still record top scores unlike in the past where they struggle to get ordinary 250.

What was your jamb score then
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by CheapHomes1: 7:20am On Apr 30
David160:
Very poor
that is the whole idea. exams are meant to separate those who have academic ambitions from those who dont. unfortunately, schools will still use their remedial programmes to absorb all sorts of people

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by presiade(m): 7:26am On Apr 30
Christian36:
This is what you get when you turned an examination body meant for processing students admission into the university to a revenue generator. Next year, Jamb will generate 20billion naira for fg, they say "education is the right of all children", but that is not true.
This is another common misunderstanding in Nigeria. Primary (and maybe secondary) education is the right of every child, even in advanced economies most of you use for comparative basis. In the US, people pay through their noses for college education; SAT, GRE, etc. are for-profit college entrance examinations (for undergraduate and graduate studies, respectively) that generate billions of USD annually. Quality education is essential for development, but education is not only obtainable in the four walls of tertiary education institutions. The image below is a comparative analysis between company apprenticeships and university degrees in the UK for your enlightenment.

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by commoditiesnig: 7:40am On Apr 30
PressMyButton:
The Computer Based Exams exposed the miracle center malpractices.
True.. Students have become mentally lazy
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Livingstone71(m): 7:47am On Apr 30
Deckline:
Who is to be blamed for this?

The students or the government?

BTW, I sure say my ex go dey among those people we get below 200. She too like Tiktok! cry

Every stakeholder in the educational system of this country is to be blamed. From the government down to the school authorities, teachers, Parents, and especially the students who are not being taught to take responsibility for their actions. If we are to get it right in the education system no party should apportion blame to the other but take up their responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by BlackRainDrops: 8:16am On Apr 30
Who dey breathe jareeee. Who dey breathe for here? My brother passed ooo. God, I thank you. This big headed boy defeated JAMB oooo. 326. 92 in Physics. Our genius.

3 Likes

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by anonymousthug(m): 8:28am On Apr 30
flipdat:
We need to enforce public schooling in nigeria, our public schools should be the best in the continent

I was an Olodo in my private school that year, but found myself in public school. Na we they underrate these public schools Allah! Glad I went there otherwise how I for do?
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Thephilosopher1: 8:54am On Apr 30
[quote author=EleventhWeirdo post=129701949]Good. Now, Government should remodel our polytechnics as technical training institutes for certificated courses like modern welding technology, construction designs and carpentry, automotive repairs and product management. And Government should fund the training institutes heavily. These courses can take our young population to Europe and Dubai to make money. We should forego empty paper qualifications and only professional courses like Medicine, law, pharmacy etc. should be taken at government universities. Trust me, we will say bye bye to graduate unemployment in 10 years to come.

You nailed it. When I see what happens in schools in the name of education I weep. Parents sending children to school just to fulfill all righteousness. No plan on developing the human being from within, everyone pursuing shadow, wanting to survive better than the next door neighbour.

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by themanderon: 9:24am On Apr 30
flipdat:
We need to enforce public schooling in nigeria, our public schools should be the best in the continent

Finland banned private ownership of schools and they have been amongst the best in the world if not the best academically for some time now.
Education standards started eroding in Nigeria when the government abandoned its duties and allowed private ownership of schools.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by lorhema(f): 10:49am On Apr 30
EleventhWeirdo:

WAEC has lost credibility. It has been deeply compromised

Sadly.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by ufotunang: 11:28am On Apr 30
David160:
Very poor
..why won't the result be poor when this students are always on social media for 24hrs.. Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook chatting about love and having love relationship
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by frankson1(m): 11:28am On Apr 30
christejames:
This one na mass failure ooo shocked

The younglings are no longer motivated to study! cry embarassed

Tiktok and the likes have taken over.

Majority of our young females prefer shaking bumbum on different social media channels while our young men prefer spending their time to watch them, bet and count scores.

I tell you this, even if you give some of them money for lessons and text books, they won't still get them.

Lots of parents have failed on the job of parenting and our 'celebs' took the failure to another height.

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Fearyourcreator: 5:05pm On Apr 30
Cindypresh:

When will you also give account and details of the billions you collected as registration fee from students this year

Ndi oshi
If them pay 5k as salary now you go dey cry... Just see where you reason go... You for no pay write exam na
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by DonroxyII: 5:25pm On Apr 30
David160:
Very poor
All These Teenagers are All Money Oriented Nowadays Not Knowledges Oriented..
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by DonroxyII: 5:27pm On Apr 30
NDSMELODY:
pls note, the motives of students going to jamb lesson is different, only the serious ones will pass the exam......
I get them for My Area ... Na fvck dem dey fvck each other .... Dem eyes don tear finish .... Right from Secondary school !
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by DonroxyII: 5:28pm On Apr 30
EleventhWeirdo:
Good. Now, Government should remodel our polytechnics as technical training institutes for certificated courses like modern welding technology, construction designs and carpentry, automotive repairs and product management. And Government should fund the training institutes heavily. These courses can take our young population to Europe and Dubai to make money. We should forego empty paper qualifications and only professional courses like Medicine, law, pharmacy etc. should be taken at government universities. Trust me, we will say bye bye to graduate unemployment in 10 years to come.
Imagine Your sense & Senseless ...

So, Why can't they use same Knowledges to develop Nigeria & make money in Nigeria .. why Dubai & Europe

1 Like

Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by folake4u(f): 6:09pm On Apr 30
Tragedy looms.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by UTEWUOJO: 12:44pm On May 01
NDSMELODY:
pls note, the motives of students going to jamb lesson is different, only the serious ones will pass the exam......

Majority of them are going there seeking for boyfriends and girlfriends.
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by Christian36: 3:17pm On May 01
presiade:

This is another common misunderstanding in Nigeria. Primary (and maybe secondary) education is the right of every child, even in advanced economies most of you use for comparative basis. In the US, people pay through their noses for college education; SAT, GRE, etc. are for-profit college entrance examinations (for undergraduate and graduate studies, respectively) that generate billions of USD annually. Quality education is essential for development, but education is not only obtainable in the four walls of tertiary education institutions. The image below is a comparative analysis between company apprenticeships and university degrees in the UK for your enlightenment.
Nobody is disputing that, you can charge whatsoever you want to charge in the higher institutions as long there are people that will pay it, but making the process difficult to get admission is what I don't understand. In foreign institutions, they make their admission flexible as long you can afford it but down hear, they made it hard yet we can't be compared to those countries that believes in flexibility
Re: UTME: 1.4 Million out of 1.8 Million Scored Less Than 200 by olaremint(m): 6:36am On May 06
Cindypresh:

Shut up if you can't say something reasonable.

Today kids are the most brilliant, Top scorers recording 365 and below was never seen in the history of jamb... during your own so called days, you people struggle to get ordinary 250.

So shut the hell u^

U are such a fool, today’s kids that parents pay through their noses so that they can be promoted through secondary school. They also arrange special centers with corrupt waec officials to get unfair results. They also end up in glorified high schools called private universities and u begin to see a school with over 300 first class. LWKMD. It’s obvious you are a product of that failed system or your father wrote jamb for you as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU Students Seen Sleeping On The Ground / Olu Of Warri’s Wife Calls For Justice For Sylvester Oromoni (Photos) / Top Ten Secrets Of First Class Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.