Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,340 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN (7709 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / 767 Manufacturers Shut Down In 2023 – MAN / Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Peaceagain: 10:38am On Apr 30
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Pootle: 10:49am On Apr 30
NoToPile:

That okin pain me ehn, the shortcake was the bomb.

na me e pain pass okin was like the yale of now but with quality

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Pootle: 10:58am On Apr 30
Mosdiii:

The old man died, unfortunately the children could not continue their father's legacy. It's better to have one good child than a battalion of useless children.

yea so sad most rich men have brainless kids abiola too suffered same fate.....when i was working for dangote, dangote cement bought or lease the former berek battery factory at isolo as a warehouse, most machinery where still there and intact. anytime i go for stock counting i shake my head how will all this go to waste and we keep importing what we once produced ourselves

2 Likes

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Faposky95: 11:01am On Apr 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:
While over 120% new ones have sprang up. Same with detergents, stationary and many more. Competition by younger generation of business minds have chased out the older ones who are very much monopoly inclined. If you know anybody who is into provision business you will see this very clearly. In the past, there are very, very little varieties of biscuits, but today. THEY ARE UNCOUNTABLE.

Again, Soya beans farmers are becoming richer and richer because the demand for their Soya beans by these biscuit factories is so high. So high that they hardly meet their demand. Which is one of the reasons why lots farmers are not so much into planting food crops in recent times but cash cross which fetches them quick money. The old biscuit factories have been replaced by modern ones run by new ideas and innovations.

I have a question....
If more and better innovation has come to replace the old......where are the visible gains....
Pls enumerate

2 Likes

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Padipadi: 11:22am On Apr 30
Racoon:
Especially Okin Biscuits in Osun State. Don't know if it is still in the market again. Balabloo-blu-bulava druggie infested economy is not favourable for big business owners. Now imagine what is happening to SMEs. Election has consequences.
You mean the sweet okin of those days is no longer in circulation?
Una dey suffer for Naijeriya o!

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by FireUpNow(m): 11:43am On Apr 30
Inconsistent and harsh economic policies together with cost of running business
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by extol1(m): 11:53am On Apr 30
Racoon:
Especially Okin Biscuits in Osun State. Don't know if it is still in the market again. Balabloo-blu-bulava druggie infested economy is not favourable for big business owners. Now imagine what is happening to SMEs. Election has consequences.
Okin biscuits is in Offa, Kwara state. I missed those biscuits like speedy, chocolate, pepper and kpako biscuits

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:00pm On Apr 30
Faposky95:

I have a question....
If more and better innovation has come to replace the old......where are the visible gains....
Pls enumerate

It's a long chain of multiple gains from a holistic perspective. Like an example I made already with Soya Beans farmers or say Soya beans businessmen and women who are a major supplier. Breaking the participating chain of Soya Beans production and supply down as a perspective in relation to your question comes with numerous gains that have made those involved richer with direct and indirect positive financial effects on the lives of people.

That's just an example. There are other perspectives in relation to the whole such as the packaging, distribution, advertisement, many more which fetches good money too.

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by dankorode(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30
Racoon:
wow you beat me to this,okin short cake wey we dey enjoy that yesr

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by AOB1: 4:00pm On Apr 30
Brendaniel:
One of the sypmtoms of bad governance back to back...

Just a quick reminder that Igbos have not ruled Nigeria in more than 50 years back...
I don't think they will ever rule with this their hatred for other tribe. You hated and insulted the two of the most populous tribe in your country Yorubas and Hausas and you expect them to vote for your son during the election time, no problem we shall see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Krankhead: 4:50pm On Apr 30
Brendaniel:
One of the sypmtoms of bad governance back to back...

Just a quick reminder that Igbos have not ruled Nigeria in more than 50 years back...
And they will never rule Nigeria till eternity
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Brendaniel: 6:32pm On Apr 30
Krankhead:
And they(Igbos) will always rule Nigeria till eternity

If you don't still understand, sorry your loss...
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Brendaniel: 6:36pm On Apr 30
AOB1:
I don't think they will ever rule with this their hatred for other tribe. You hated and insulted the two of the most populous tribe in your country Yorubas and Hausas and you expect them to vote for your son during the election time, no problem we shall see

Igbos will always rule over you guys as long as you guys keep playing tribalism and religious bias in your ways of doing things...

You think presidency is our problem, if you don't understand, sorry your loss...
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by AOB1: 7:01pm On Apr 30
Brendaniel:

Igbos will always rule over you guys as long as you guys keep playing tribalism and religious bias in your ways of doing things...

You think presidency is our problem, if you don't understand, sorry your loss...
How do you rule over people that are more advanced, developed and educated than you grin
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Brendaniel: 7:09pm On Apr 30
AOB1:
How do you rule over people that are more advanced, developed and educated than you grin

I don't like bragging unnecessarily but if you guys could support Buhari for 8 years and then supported Tinubu who brought Buhari then how do you want to convince me that your statement is not a big lie?
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by AOB1: 8:24pm On Apr 30
Brendaniel:

I don't like bragging unnecessarily but if you guys could support Buhari for 8 years and then supported Tinubu who brought Buhari then how do you want to convince me that your statement is not a big lie?
Look at you, did you think the outcome of the last presidential election is the will of yoruba people, have you ever asked yourself how we are going to escape from this old politicians, you think it's only yoruba people that are biased, can you explain to me what is going on in Imo state? Did Insodinma suppose win second term? You think it's only yoruba people that biased but you forgot that Nigerians have been affected by Stockholm syndrome.
Back to the presidential election, let me tell you one simple truth Peter Obi can never fight and win those old politicians, all of them knew what they were doing, can't you see that the politicians are playing the citizens like games, they take us for fools, just look at the atrocities they were committing everyday without thinking of their citizens. We can never recover this country back from them except the youth are ready. But right now Nigeria youth are lazy and Cowards they lack fighting spirits, forget social media it won't help us except the youth come out and take their country back, did you think the youth is ready to come out and fight for their right? The answer is NO.

Buhari made promise to hand over to Tinubu that's why Tinubu made that statement (Emilokan) and I want you to believe that Tinubu have already made the same promise to another person. The youths can only end this by contesting for all the political offices in Nigeria but without that nothing will ever change.

If you are a youth go and contest for an election it is your right, reclaim your country back from old fools and if you are not a youth start encouraging youth in your area to go into politics because that's the only solution. Cheers
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by shugamummy: 10:10pm On Apr 30
Good news for Ronubandits. They were warned but they refused. Even in Buhari era, they were managing to stay afloat. Now all hell are let loose. No single confidence in the drug Lord at Aso rock.
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by shugamummy: 10:13pm On Apr 30
That reminds me, seems the Ronubandits that were threatening voters and announcing that people should either vote APC or risk their lives, are enjoying the dividends of their efforts. They are not affected by the leaving or shutting down of manufacturing firms

AOB1:
Look at you, did you think the outcome of the last presidential election is the will of yoruba people, have you ever asked yourself how we are going to escape from this old politicians, you think it's only yoruba people that are biased, can you explain to me what is going on in Imo state? Did Insodinma suppose win second term? You think it's only yoruba people that biased but you forgot that Nigerians have been affected by Stockholm syndrome.
Back to the presidential election, let me tell you one simple truth Peter Obi can never fight and win those old politicians, all of them knew what they were doing, can't you see that the politicians are playing the citizens like games, they take us for fools, just look at the atrocities they were committing everyday without thinking of their citizens. We can never recover this country back from them except the youth are ready. But right now Nigeria youth are lazy and Cowards they lack fighting spirits, forget social media it won't help us except the youth come out and take their country back, did you think the youth is ready to come out and fight for their right? The answer is NO.

Buhari made promise to hand over to Tinubu that's why Tinubu made that statement (Emilokan) and I want you to believe that Tinubu have already made the same promise to another person. The youths can only end this by contesting for all the political offices in Nigeria but without that nothing will ever change.

If you are a youth go and contest for an election it is your right, reclaim your country back from old fools and if you are not a youth start encouraging youth in your area to go into politics because that's the only solution. Cheers
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by Brendaniel: 10:31pm On Apr 30
AOB1:

I know it is not all Yorubas that suppported Tinubu, however he dragged the Yoruba tribe into his politics...

On your idea about the youths joining politics, I don't really feel anything will change, the problem is not the age, but the ideology, regional ideologies are not the same.....

Political ideologies are not also the same, I don't trust even a young candidate in the current political system, the reason I rooted for Obi is not because he is a saint but because he can have pity on Nigerians govern with some level of conscience just like Jonathan.

Look at Yahaya Bello who was the youngest governor at his time, what did he do to his state?

I saw Peter Obi as a starting point to begin to clean the system, not that he might be excellent in doing that but there would have been progress in that direction.....

If Nigeria elects better leaders on each election cycle, Nigeria would have gone far beyond where it is today...

But after Yaradua it has been the reverse....

Peter Obi would have changed that trajectory...
Re: 50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN by hartson(m): 1:07am On May 01
CheapHomes1:

even the ones that are still operating have drastically cut down on quality and quantity in order to stay afloat
honestly baba.I am addicted to oxford cracker bisky.it use to be 5 pieces before but now is 4 pieces and the makers reduced the size too.I still dey buy am like that even if they decide to reduce it to 1 inside a park,Omo I go buy am.I too like the bisky.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Richest Igbo Business People In Nigeria / Amosun Leads Squad To Demolish Babalakin’s N1 Billion Plant / Keke Napep (marwa) Or Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.