Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? (273 Views)

Price Of Bread And Pure Water In Kaduna (video & Pictures) / I'm Frustrated! This Egwusi Soup That I Prepared Quarrels With Water. Help! / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by achimendy(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30
Afternoon nairalanders. This post is for the chefs in the house. I still find it difficult to understand why food get burnt even with some atom of water inside the food. I was cooking one time and the food has not yet done to my taste, just to give it a little time of around 10-15 minutes to be fully prepared. While I was still waiting for the said time the food was burning underneath, I had no option but to off the gas, despite my food not 100% done.

So to the big chefs in the house, what's the cause of this kind of food burn and how can it be averted?
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by condensedmilk: 2:19pm On Apr 30
Oil
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by Mariangeles(f): 2:21pm On Apr 30
The number one cause of that is too much heat (fire).

When you cook with high heat, your food is most likely to get burnt before it is done.
It is best to set your heat (fire) at medium for best results (even with too much ingredients).

High heat is best for stir frying.

Note: Whenever you're cooking and your food begins to burn before it is done, just lower the heat. Don't turn it off.

4 Likes

Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by condensedmilk: 2:26pm On Apr 30
Mariangeles:

When you cook with high heat, your food is most likely to get burnt before it is done.
It is best to set your heat (fire) at medium for best results (even with too much ingredients).

I sent you a pm
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by Mariangeles(f): 2:28pm On Apr 30
condensedmilk:

I sent you a pm

No offense, but I don't accept PMs. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by Dundalk(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30
Mariangeles:

that's not cool at all..think twice about it..

Can i PM you on behalf of that dude..?
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by condensedmilk: 2:33pm On Apr 30
Mariangeles:

It's business dearie.

1 Like

Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by garriAndsugar: 2:35pm On Apr 30
Try using aluminum foil to trap the heat.
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by Mariangeles(f): 2:36pm On Apr 30
condensedmilk:

It's business dearie.

Can't it be discussed on this platform?
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by Mariangeles(f): 2:37pm On Apr 30
Dundalk:

How nice of you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by condensedmilk: 2:50pm On Apr 30
Mariangeles:

Can't it be discussed on this platform?

Platform umuaka
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by Mariangeles(f): 2:55pm On Apr 30
condensedmilk:

Platform umuaka

Hahahahahaha

Nnaa, hapu o? cheesy
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by condensedmilk: 2:57pm On Apr 30
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahaha

Nnaa, hapu o? cheesy

Hapu gini?

Biko bia k'anyi kpa ofuma.
Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by achimendy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 30
Mariangeles:

It is best to set your heat (fire) at medium for : best results (even with too much ingredients).

Note: Whenever you're cooking and your food begins to burn before it is done, just lower the heat. Don't turn it off.

Thank you mummy.

1 Like

Re: Why Food On Fire Get Burnt Even With Water In It? by achimendy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30
Dundalk:

Which dude again?

(1) (Reply)

Stay At Home Hunger / Wine Tasting Tour In Rome / Complete One-stop Bakery And Packaging Solutions. - Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.