Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,399 members, 7,850,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Aneke Is A Genius – Frimpong - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aneke Is A Genius – Frimpong (732 Views)

Arsenal Star Emmanuel Frimpong Disgraces Nigerians On Instagram / Yakubu Aiyebeni Gives Jude Aneke A Cash Gift Of $1,000 / Eric Frimpong Targets Flying Eagles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aneke Is A Genius – Frimpong by Relax101(m): 12:14am On Nov 21, 2011
Enyimba’s legendary striker, Joetex Frimpong, has described Nigeria Premier League all-time scorer, Jude Aneke, as a genius.

Frimpong, who was joint-top scorer with Victor Ezeji in 2002, told SuperSport.com that the Kaduna United forward deserves all the applause because it’s very difficult for a striker to score 20 goals in Nigeria.

“I played for top clubs in Nigeria and know how difficult it is for strikers to score every week. Aneke is a great player. In fact, it’s easier for a striker to score 20 goals in Europe than in Nigeria because the laws favour strikers more than defenders. This makes the task of goalscoring more difficult in Nigeria.

“Once a striker gets inside the box or is close to the box, defenders in Europe are usually cautious to avoid fouls and the contact is often minimal. A defender could be fined and also miss several matches for fouling a striker.“However, it’s different in Nigeria, where the defenders are ruthless. No defender wants a striker to beat him inside or outside the box. Moreover, the punishment is not heavy for defenders in Nigeria,” Frimpong told SuperSport.com.

The former Ghanaian international reiterated the fact that Aneke’s feat was achieved at a modest club like Kaduna United.

“Top scorers usually come from the big teams that have the best set of players. I’m shocked that he could achieve the feat with the quality of players in Kaduna United.

“It reminds me of my record for El-Kanemi at a time the club was even relegated,” he stated.

Frimpong equally commended Super Eagles supremo, Stephen Keshi, for Aneke’s first international cap.

“That’s the normal thing to do. Keshi knows it’s not easy to score 20 goals in Nigeria,” the Swiss based former Nigerian goal-king said to SuperSport.com.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/aneke-is-a-genius-frimpong/

(1) (Reply)

Drogba Tops Next Batch Of Chelsea Old Boys Heading For The Scrapheap In January / The Plague Of Age-cheating In Africa: Is Gabon Set On An Innovative Change? / Victor Moses Earns Bonus Award From Roman As He Led Chelsea Out Of Egypt: Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.